What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

Jono078

Referee
Not disagreeing his play style hasn’t changed aqua, but I think there’s a visible change in demeanor and attitude which I’ve been critical most of Fitz.

He doesn’t look afraid to get into the tough stuff now. He may even be thriving on the battle with his opposite number.

Back to Jones; Like Burwood said, you can notice subtle shifts and improvements in others, but I’ve not seen it in Jones so far this year.

macavity

Referee
To me Fitz is the same player, still just runs that one line and has zero other strings to his bow, only difference this year for me is that the halves have shown more of a willingness to bypass him with a cut out pass so the times he does get that short ball he’s not getting jammed by the outside defender as often. In previous years he would get jammed outside in a lot because he would get that short pass 95% of the time

Fitz has been good this year. Not great, but good.

PhilGould

Bench
NSW Cup lost 54-14. Ethan Ferguson’s first game against men and he comes up against an international returning from injury trying to get his NRL jersey back. Not pretty.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2023/04/09/nsw-cup-highlights--knights-v-warriors---round-six/

NSW Women’s Premiership won 34-18. Highlights at 1:13
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2023/04/10/harvey-norman-womens-premiership--round-ten/

Jersey Flegg lost 34-16. Highlights at 5:15
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2023/04/10/jersey-flegg-cup-highlights--round-six/

Finals start this week for SG Ball, Tarsha Gale Cup & Harold Matthews.

PhilGould

Bench
NSW Cup is on at 3pm before the main game and it’ll be live-streamed. Currently sitting dead last.

Week 1 of the finals for Tarsha Gale Cup (5pm) & SG Ball (6:45pm) will both be available to watch as well but bad timing with the first grade game on at the same time. Harold Matthews have the first week of finals off.

NSW Women’s Premiership are playing for a spot in the finals too but need a 20+ point win and a couple of other results to go their way.

PhilGould

Bench
Women's Premiership side did their part with a 32-4 win but the Bulldogs rested all their players and got smashed by Mounties meaning we miss out on the finals. Since Upton returned 3 weeks ago we've won by a combined 96-26, with Upton scoring 5 tries & Southwell kicking 16/16.

NSW Cup starts in 30 minutes

1. Bailey Hodgson
2. Keanu Wainohu-Kemp
3. Simi Sasagi
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Cahleb Faulkner
21. Floyd Tighe
7. Liam Sutton
15. Cooper Jenkins
9. Temple Kalepo
10. Ben Talty
11. Oryn Keeley
12. Eddie Hampson
13. Tom Cant (C)

8. David Hollis
14. Liam Wilkinson
16. Reid Alchin
18. Toni Tupouniua

20. Seb Su'a

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Will Sasagi get a look in this year? I thought he was supposed to be our next junior to make the step up.

PhilGould

Bench
3 Grand Final qualifiers for the Knights junior squads tomorrow, all can be watched through NSWRL TV.

SG Ball 1pm vs Panthers
Tarsha Gale Cup 2:45pm vs Roosters
Harold Matthews 4:15pm vs Eels

PhilGould

Bench
SG Ball on in 10 minutes. Penrith have been our biggest rival across the juniors over the past few years, both clubs generally up the top of the ladder and plenty of finals matchups. Seems like we generally beat them during the season and they beat us when it matters most.

1. Fletcher Sharpe
2. Logan Aoake
3. Ethan Ferguson
4. Jarome Falemoe
5. Kyle McCarthy
6. Jye Linnane
7. Taj Blackman
8. Rory Whitby
9. Malachi Smith
10. Caleb Garvie
11. Elijah Salesa-Leaumoana
12. Jermaine McEwen
13. Myles Martin (C)

14. Cooper Bigeni
15. Jayden Harris
16. Tamakaimoana Whareaorere
17. Beau Slade

Yosh

Coach
Great win by the SG ball lads. Try saver with seconds to go to win the match. Future looks bright!

Jono078

Referee
Great win by the SG ball lads. Try saver with seconds to go to win the match. Future looks bright!
It always has to be fair. I can’t remember the last time we had an sg ball or jersey Flegg team back in the day that sucked. We desperately need some of them to kick on.

Latest posts