What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Lower Grade Stuff

Old dog

Bench
We still have Hastings for 2025 so providing his health/injury holds up could get by and try Sharpe and Sutton at 7 & 6 whilst keeping a lookout for experienced 7 for 2026

Yosh

Coach
I reckon we need a halfback with real NRL experience even if they are a youngen.

Why isn't Gamble a 7? I reckon he'd go just fine with Pryce and Ponga there in the spine with him.

perverse

Referee
Why isn't Gamble a 7? I reckon he'd go just fine with Pryce and Ponga there in the spine with him.
Not sure we've seen the game management from him to think he could switch, but I'm not as down on trying it as others might be. Just doesn't seem like an organiser. The problem with replacing Hastings is that the one thing he does provide - direction - is hard to find at NRL level. His body moves around like a busted arse, but as long as he can keep his hands on the steering wheel, he's still hard to replace.

macavity

Referee
Not sure we've seen the game management from him to think he could switch, but I'm not as down on trying it as others might be. Just doesn't seem like an organiser. The problem with replacing Hastings is that the one thing he does provide - direction - is hard to find at NRL level. His body moves around like a busted arse, but as long as he can keep his hands on the steering wheel, he's still hard to replace.

Seriously, if he could hoof it another 20m he would be a perfectly serviceable half. Don't need him to be quick (would be good though) but the leg just hinders his long kicking game so massively.

I reckon Jacko heads back to England after this deal. I reckon we will offer him another deal but he will get more heading there. I can't imagine much of an NRL market for him given the injury issues and reputation (which I think is media noise at this stage btw).

Latest posts