What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights ride to the rescue of Kaufusi

Joker's Wild

Coach
erm, they werent 'rejected' by anyone... i cant understand how people still parrot this lie.

they were some of the best youngsters in the country - the storm signed them early and for good money.

That is entirely correct. I don't know now, but the storm at the time when they signed Smith, Cronk and Slater had the best young recruitment and development program in the country. They were not rejected by the Broncs.

Lads, Slater trialled at the Broncos but was told he was too small

Inglis may not have been rejected as such but he was right under our noses at Hunter Sports High and was let slip

Plenty of truth there

Whats Doing

Bench
Lads, Slater trialled at the Broncos but was told he was too small

Inglis may not have been rejected as such but he was right under our noses at Hunter Sports High and was let slip

Plenty of truth there

JW - Maybe the truth we say is a bit more accurate than yours. The Norths Devils were the feeder club to Norths at the time. I refer you to the wikipedia article on Slater below.

Slater began playing rugby league for the Brothers club in Innisfail, Queensland at only four years old. He continued to make the Innisfail representative side every season until his final year with the club.
At fifteen years of age he became bored with league so he quit to concentrate on one of his other passions, riding horses. He also worked with the famous Waterhouse stable.
He began to play league again after returning home and early in 2001 he drove 20 hours to Brisbane to trial with the Norths Devils. He was offered a contract and after two impressive seasons in the Queensland Cup, he was offered a spot on the Melbourne Storm playing roster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Slater#Early_career

Serc

First Grade
They'd better be picking up atleast 50% of the TAB.

Also I am expecting to be pleasantly suprised with Antonio because I am expecting him to be dreadful and if his even poor he'll be punching well above my expectations.

Ding ding! We have a winner - well done Baron! (though it would cost a lot of money to pay for all the bets at the TAB :p)

I have heard that the Cowboys are picking up most of the tab for the remainder of this year, and a significant part of next year. Which makes things fairly low risk as we all have low expectations, and we aren't spending hundreds of thousands of dollars per year on him. This is no Reynoldson here guys.

Of course if he does play well (he is 25 years old and a prop...which in theory means his best years are ahead of him) we will have made a rare masterstroke :) This is also a little different to some of the aging front row signings we have made in the past...where we know they are very close to the end of their careers.

Serc

First Grade
Can't say :p I have no idea how much that actually is of course, but what I have said you can take as gospel.

Joker's Wild

Coach
JW - Maybe the truth we say is a bit more accurate than yours. The Norths Devils were the feeder club to Norths at the time. I refer you to the wikipedia article on Slater below.

Slater began playing rugby league for the Brothers club in Innisfail, Queensland at only four years old. He continued to make the Innisfail representative side every season until his final year with the club.
At fifteen years of age he became bored with league so he quit to concentrate on one of his other passions, riding horses. He also worked with the famous Waterhouse stable.
He began to play league again after returning home and early in 2001 he drove 20 hours to Brisbane to trial with the Norths Devils. He was offered a contract and after two impressive seasons in the Queensland Cup, he was offered a spot on the Melbourne Storm playing roster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Slater#Early_career
Quoting wikipedia?

Considering anyone in the world with an Internet connection could have written that you'll forgive me if I don't take it as gospel

Latest posts