What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Bunnies - Post match thread

thuganomics

Coach
We were shocking with the ball in hand, but the Bunnies defence was very good for the most part.

Too many errors from the boys but our defence at times was simply superb. Joey Johns had a mixed game with him making some bad decisions but also putting in some great kicks that were cruical in the game.

Danny Buderus was great, and sealed the game for us with some smart dummy half work.

Kurt Gidley playing fullback was a bit of a success, but I still expect David Seage to be given the number 1 jersey if Thaiday doesn't recover.

I'm happy to get the 2 points, but we are capable of so much more this season.

thuganomics

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Thank God we were playing Souths.

Agreed. Any other team would of put us to the sword.

However, credit to the souths team. Best performance they have put on this year by a mile. Just some stupid decisions at stupid times.

Jason Robinson continues to be a joke.

MC DUI

Juniors
Sounded like a fairly piss poor performance.

I'll take the 2 points and leave it at that. Hopefully the boys can pull their finger out in the coming weeks.

Nuffy

Bench
11 out of 10 today for Souths, they tried hard and were unlucky.

Maddog looked dangerous every time he touched the ball, South fans should ask why hes not like that every week.

Robinson was plain embarassing, there will be a lot of blokes being placed in the bin based on Gidleys case.

Positives.

We won.
Injuries look minimal.
Defence was good for 85% of the game.

Negatives.

Ball security was non existent.
Energy and passion were missing.
Multiple brain snaps by players.

Key point, we just don't seem to be able to match our style to game conditions, we want to razzle dazzle our way out of any circumstances, usually to our detriment. We hadn't laid a platform before the touch footy began and we were exposed by it.

Our forwards were dominated today, they will need to take a good look at themselves before Brisbane next week.

cram

Bench
Well what can u say...bunnies...did well...knights (coughs into hands), Johns (coughs again) overall....poorr, poor, poor

thuganomics

Coach
I didn't think Johns was that bad. Sure he made some big and confusing errors, but for the most part he was alright. I was impressed with his defence, made some big ones .. one particular on Adam McDougall late in the game when Carney missed Mad Dog...

Nuffy

Bench
Whilst I will say that Joes overall game was rusty, his scrambling in defence particularly the last 20 were critical.

He seemed to make all the key tackles towards the end.

cram

Bench
Yep, well I guess u expect high standards when u talk Johns. Thought his attempt at field goal was poor, to me it signalled White Flag with 10 to go.....but otherwise he was there and that probably made the difference.

thuganomics

Coach
cram said:
Yep, well I guess u expect high standards when u talk Johns. Thought his attempt at field goal was poor, to me it signalled White Flag with 10 to go.....but otherwise he was there and that probably made the difference.

I thought it was a good decision to be honest. We had Matt Gidley in the bin, and a 7 point lead in the last 10 minutes I think would of taken the wind out of the Bunnies. Was a piss poor attempt though from Joey.

knights9

Juniors
We played ok, well good enough for the win. Im no really happy with the amount of errors we made.

cram

Bench
Yes the idea was right, but the attempt was poor. I think, and will stand corrected, we did not have one return set of six in terms of an in goal play. I think we had the bunnies on toast at this point even with time to play and one man down...just wasnt impressed.

astrogirl

First Grade
What a nailbiter. I got to the pub with 25 to go, and we were ordinary. Having said that, excited about the win! Unfortunately I missed seeing the play that led up to Danny's try - I was chatting to the cute bartender :oops:

What happened to Milton? I was wondering why we seemed to have Kidley, Mullen and Johns on the field...

thuganomics

Coach
astrogirl said:
What happened to Milton? I was wondering why we seemed to have Kidley, Mullen and Johns on the field...

Got a leg injury in the dying stages of the first half.

Johns looked like an Ape with his hair cut and beard... :lol:

The Devil

Bench
There were more Crusaders there than The Burrow.. so much for home support..

Fair Dinkum, there were about 4-5 people in the Burrow at the beginning of the match :lol:

stevo

Juniors
The Devil said:
There were more Crusaders there than The Burrow.. so much for home support..

Fair Dinkum, there were about 4-5 people in the Burrow at the beginning of the match :lol:

That's not funny. That's just sad!