What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Canterbury Bulldogs First Grade Round 13

RABK

Referee
Knights v Canterbury Bulldogs First Grade Round 13

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v CANTERBURY BULLDOGS AT TELSTRA STADIUM
7.30PM SATURDAY, 3 JUNE 2006
FIRST GRADE
Coach: Michael Hagan
  1. Kurt Gidley
  2. Brian Carney
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Anthony Quinn
  6. Todd Lowrie
  7. Andrew Johns (C)
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Adam Woolnough
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Kirk Reynoldson
  13. Reegan Tanner
INTERCHANGE

14. Luke Davico
15. Clint Newton
16. Josh Perry
17. Riley Brown

RABK

Referee
Incredibly strong forward pack but the same sh*t selections - Kurt at Fullback and Lowrie at 5/8th.

We welcome back Simpson, Newton and Quinn. Tighe, Bailey and Abraham are dropped.

Bicey_18

Bench
One word..... Pathetic!!!!

I am really starting to hate Hagan even more..... Lowrie at 5/8? What wouldnt Tighe be a better option? Tighe is way better in that role, but obviously cos he is better than Lowrie, Supercoach Hagan leaves him out.

Kurt Gidley at 1.... Didnt he see last weeks piss poor effort... Hinton deserves a go... How many more dropped balls and out of position plays will it take 2 sink in????

Selections in this team are a dead set joke...

antonius

Coach
LOL. Read my prediction in the other thread "team for Bulldogs"
It's exactly what I said it would be. Hagan is dead-set blind.Kidley is gonna cop a barrage this week. I wonder what Johns thinks of Lowrie at 5/8th? He's even got Plonker (Reynoldson) starting ahead of Newton, and still no Tolar, Tanner must have something I can't see. Sh!t team.

thuganomics

Coach
Dogs by 20+...

Kidley to five eight and Hinton to fullback will change my views though...

Even Tighe to five eight...

What the hell is Hagan smoking!

Bicey_18

Bench
I think I speak for most here .. that when 2006 ends we will be very very happy to see the back of M Hagan

Ben

Bench
OMFG...What the hell is Hagan smoking? Lowrie at five-eighth and Kidley at fullback. How many more bombs does Kidley need to drop before Hagan realises that he is not a fullback? And don't get me started on Lowrie.

Red and Blue Knight said:
I think we'll win.

You think we'll win every week, love the optimism. ;-)

With Kidley at fullback his bound to let in atleast 2-3 try's, Dogs by plenty........ Come on boys every time I say the opposition by plenty you's prove me wrong.

Do it again!!!!

Jono078

Referee
There are so many things wrong with the team IMO.

1. Johns is struggling, so obvious thing to do would be to get him a better 5/8th option ffs!
2. Gidley @ Fullback... Why? Why? Why? Id rather Cooper or Hinton be there
3. Perry should start ahead of Woolnough IMO
4. Tanner should be in PL and bring Abraham or Lowrie to Lock or even Reynoldson to Lock and put Newton to backrow and bring in Tolar or someone else

Anyway I give up, I cant wait til Hagan is gone.

RABK

Referee
Pffttt, we'll win and we'll win well.

I don't like the negativity, i might not like certain selections but it's still a good team.

antonius

Coach
Nothing wrong with the players selected, it's the way they are used that p!sses me off. Saying that he could have improved the team ten fold with a couple of changes. It's another cut and paste job in that he's filled in spots with returning players,(pity he didn't afford Tolar the same loyalty) but left the problem areas the same.

Fair enough I was singing the praises of the bulldogs saying their forward pack would have it all over us last time we clashed so I'll happily sit back this time and hope the lads once again destroy my (hopefully)misconceptions.

antonius

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
Pffttt, we'll win and we'll win well.

I don't like the negativity, i might not like certain selections but it's still a good team.
and you can bet the Dogs will exploit those selections.

jacko

Juniors
Agree with Antonius. Bit tough blaming Kidley and Lowrie. They probably don't want to be played out of position either but wouldn't have much choice.

Burwood

Bench
Johns is to blame for all of this- he is afterall the one that apparently coaches the team;-)

However, I'm very happy with the forward pack. It is one of our strongest this year.

antonius

Coach
Cooper is out until round 15. After last weeks display by Kidley Hinton should've got the gig, no question.