What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Canterbury Bulldogs First Grade Round 13

thuganomics

Coach
I have no doubt our forward pack will stand up against the likes of Mason, O'Meley, Asotasi and Sonny Bill.

I'd like to see Perry start because of the mongrel and aggression he will bring to the opening stages of the match.

But the key as always is Johns. If he plays like we know he can play we will win easily..

Nuffy

Bench
With Kidley at fullback, the dogs start the game at +12 points.

Secondly, can someone please explain to me what photo Lowrie has of Hagan?

If I was Tighe, I'd be looking for a new club, of all the blokes in the team, he gets shafted more than most.

Carmont got owned last week, why should Tighe pay the price.

As for Hagan, 07 can't come quick enough, its incredible that he can just make the same mistakes EVERY week.

Are his eyes painted on, didn't he see what happened to Kidley and Lowrie last week and what a pair of plodders Reyno / Tanner are?

Any success we enjoy is in SPITE of Hagans efforts, not because of them!

Burwood

Bench
Sir Knight82 said:
When the teams going good his the coach bro :)

Ohhhhh, I think I'm getting the hang of it now:

Knights win = Joey coach
Knights loss = Hagan coach

roopy

Referee
It's certainly a powerful side.

Every player except Kidley and Johns is well capable of taking on the line with power running (Johns and Kidley could too, but will probably choose not to).

Our bench looks more powerful than our starting lineup.

If we get a good share of the ball they will have to be ready for some huge defence, because our guys will be going at them in wave after wave all day. If they kick deep they will have Carney and Quinn ripping it up, when the bench comes on they will have Perry, Davico and Newton ripping in, and Smith, Lowrie, Simpson and Reynoldson will be at them all day.

The Bulldogs are powerfull in spells, but maybe they lack some hard workers since they lost Price and Ryan. I think the game plan will be to batter them into submission - and we have the team to do it.

RABK

Referee
Ryan is still their Captain Roopy and will be playing in the backrow against us.

Other then that, i agree with your post.

Frederick

Staff member
Jesus tittyf**king christ, Kurtley at fullback again? Hell, why not just dress a lump of dogsh*t up in a Knights jersey and put that at fullback - can't do much worse.
Hagan :arrow:

Forward pack looks good, though. Can't wait til Abes is back to his best and can finally force Tanner out of lock

Frederick

Staff member
I just had a look at the injury list on the Knights site, and Milton looks to have been pushed back a week, so his comeback in aimed at round 16. Seage is still set for round 15 though, as is Mullo

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hagan has got to be kidding. We get down 38-12 and he names the exact same side bar the return of three guys from injury? Kurt Gidley was shown up as a God awful fullback last week yet he's there again. Lowrie is about as creative as JK Rowling and Reegan Tanner has all of the defensive intensity of Karmichael Hunt.

What a joke.

Master Vippo

Juniors
roopy said:
Every player except Kidley and Johns is well capable of taking on the line with power running (Johns and Kidley could too, but will probably choose not to).

Tanner? A power runner? I dont think so.

Tanner should be gone, he is a joke of a first grader.

Kidley should be at 5/8

Perry should start over Woolnough. I cant believe that Hagan so obviously copys and pastes without any real thought or stategies going into the team. Good luck Parra, you will need it.

knights9

Juniors
Bulldogs will win this by 20+.

I cant believe Hagan has put Gidley at Fullback and Lowrie to five-eighth again its rediculous. we have much more players capable of filling in those postions and can do well in them but Hagan seems to pick the same team. I cant wait till he leaves.

Alex28

Coach
I don't want to be negative but that side is going to get smashed. Lowrie at 5/8? Did Hages even watch the game on Friday night? Kidley at Fullback?

The mind boggles...

Doctor

Bench
I must admit that Kurtley had my confidence this time last week. I thought he would prove to be a very good fullback. But alas, I was wrong on this one. His positional play left us caught out a fair bit, and he dropped two easy chances that lead to tries (the bomb and the grubber that when horribly wrong with Gasnier fumbling and scoring). Not the best performance from Kurt. I'm still confident that 5/8th isn't his position though -- put him in as a roving centre or Lock if he can bulk up a bit.

Probably the biggest eyeopener is Todd Lowrie. Kurtley finally gets moved from 5/8th after months (years) of people saying he would make a fine centre, and who are you gonna call? Not Ghostbusters, but Todd Lowrie. I miss Sean Rudder -- even he had some talent. Todd is a second rower, not a 5/8th. Why we persist with him when Johns is so clearly underperforming and down on confidence I don't know.

I'm pretty disappointed that Tighe has been given the boot -- if I were him I would be doing one thing: call Brian Smith. Ask him for a frank assessment of my chances of holding down a first grade spot under his coaching regime. If Smith agrees with Hagan then I'd leave... selections at this club quite clearly do not come down to form.

northey

First Grade
i think it is a good team. bit worried about lowrie back at 5/8

everyone must hate hages and myself, cause i think that tanner does deserve to be in the team... please don't have a go at me about this, if you feel you need to have a go at me about tanner read the KOTW thread.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm sure this has already been said before, but f**k it, I'll say it again.

a) Why is Kidley at fullback when Nathan Hinton cannot do anything more than what he's doing already to try and get into the FG team
b) Why is Todd Lowrie at five-eight when Joey has openly said that he is tired. One would think that a five-eight with some sort of playmaking abilities along with a half decent kicking game would go a bit of the way of easing the burden off Joey's shoulders but no, supercoach names good old Todd at five-eight AGAIN
c) Why is Kirk Reynoldson in the second row ahead of Clint Newton? At least Clint can off load when he needs to. Reynoldson wouldn't even know the meaning of off-loading.
d) Why is Daniel Abraham back in PL? I can appreciate that he can't come straight back into the run on side, but FFS why isn't he on the bench so we can get another 30-40 mins out of him to ease him back.

Michael Hagan : Why,Why, Why freaking why?

macavity

Referee
Im astounded.

it is said that smart men learn from their mistakes; wise men learn from the mistakes of others.

what does Hages learn?

how to pick a bloody footy team would be a start.

heres a hint for you hages

1. Hinton
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Quinn

6. Kidley
7. Johns

8. Smith
9. Buderus
10. Perry
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Lowrie

14. Woolnough
15. Davico
16. Tolar
17. Brown

see, that team would be in with a chance.....