What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights V Sea Eagles :: Match Thread

ramble_on

Juniors
Thank god for the final siren.... our F/A took a hammering as it was....

if that performance was due to the Smith saga then they aint professionals after all.....

ashee9

Juniors
positives to take away from that game:
pato did alright and mcdonnell was outstanding i thought. Very safe under the high ball. Maybe mcdonnell to number 2 til jimmy comes back?

Spike

First Grade
The whole team barring Fa'aoso and McDonnell played like morons. Actually I take that back, morons have better hand-eye co-ordination

ashee9

Juniors
mmm true. that was a little embarrassing. hopefully he can get good service from mullo when he's back and start running out wide a bit more.

perverse

Referee
i may have over-reacted a little with some of my posts. i'm crook as hell with the flu and was not in the mood to see that inept performance. but bloody hell... it's going to be hard to turn that around. i'm not even sure the smith debacle adequately explains what happened out there tonight. for 15 minutes we looked like we were going to pump them by 50. we wont be winning any finals matches with the concentration and discipline that was on display tonight.

we'll be lucky to MAKE the finals if they keep dishing that up from now until september.

Jono078

Referee
I can't believe some of you are even surprised.
If 44-20 was the final score, well I wouldn't be totally surprised..

The fact we were up 14-0 after 30 minutes and lost 44-20, that's what gets me fuming.

44 points in 50 minutes of f**kin football! Albeit I thought 2 of theirs shouldn't have been, the offside and I think their last one there was a forward pass from Rodney.

44 points in 50 minutes is just disgraceful.

Apey

Staff member
yeah, it was something like 34 unanswered points.

i didn't notice the forward pass but I wouldn't have given the second benefit of the doubt try either personally :lol: then again, I am a fan of downward pressure rather than this separation crap.

voltron

Juniors
man this game was sooo difficult to watch
drop the ball - try
drop the ball - try
on and on and on
sigh

Apey

Staff member
it f**king sucks to watch Simmo play like that :(

it's okay ilu still Simmo.. time to go though.

Yosh

Coach
I only got to see the first half... Jesus that was terrible. I was over the moon Richie Faoso style then we just dropped our balls and lost... Terrible effort was it?

shane1970

Juniors
What about when it was 14 - Nil and they went to Joey on the sideline and did a small interview with Gids - All was really happy and they were smiling and joking.
This game always had the hallmarks of being a 'flogging' and I said to the missus, "I wander if they cross back to them when it's 14 -12. ANyway they didn't and the rest is history.
Anyway not to detract from the woeful 60 or so minutes the boys played - What about some of the tries Manly scored - DId they use all their luck up last night ?????????
1 - The DeGois error from the kick for Foran's try!!!!!
2 - The goal posts interfering with Dureau's fair catch for Ballins try!!!!!!!!!
3 - The forward pass for their last try (I think it was was Hall who passed)
4 - The error from Junior in our 20m which led to a try
5 - The error from Lulia in our 20m which led to a try
6 - The error from Karawana in our 20m which led to a try
We GIFTED them the points. Instead of leading 14 - 0 and having the mentality of "sh*t we CAN win this" - they played the opposition back into the game with fundamental handling errors. I sure hope there was plenty of toilet paper in the sheds after the game because nearly all of them besides Faas and Mark 'literally' sat down to piss.

Pika

Bench
When did we forget how to catch?

And for the firs time this season, we started rushing out of the line in D. Did it three times and were burnt three times.

On a positive note, McDonnel was very good.

Latest posts