What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm spoiler

afinalsin666

First Grade
Slater and Cronk are protected as shit. Both sinbinned numerous times for the same infringement over the last two years, more than any other players Slater even binned during an origin game. Gets away with it once, protected species knobs come from everywhere. Righto.

Still should have been binned though, obviously.

StormHi

Juniors
You do realize your team held us down just as much but wasn't penalized lol Rofl

I wrestle What they do isn't wrestling it is simple getting numbers in Defence and forcing a dominate tackle it is what any good defensive side should be doing.

Watch some wrestling the coaches they brought in to teach them only taught them how to control their center of gravity and how to smother them. The tackling coaches from all teams then developed their tackling techniques to incorporate that knowledge you could also blame the offloads for the dominate tackles the idea to shut them down now is to tackle chest high get your body pressed onto the ball wait for numbers put player down ease up defensive line set. Nothing wrong with that.

The only wrestling move that would be deemed legal by the nrl would be the double leg take down and that's basically a mid drift tackle while lifting just behind the knee's.

So again you dumb merkin you have 0 clue as to what you are talking about.

Swarzey

Bench
:lol:

This is rich. Calling me a dumb merkin when you can't even write a good argument.

Take a good look at ya self before you come back here :lol:

Rod

Bench
The Storm are the biggest wrestlers in the comp and you get away with murder and it's blatantly obvious to anyone who watches more than 5 minutes of a Storm game, because every play-the-ball takes 10+ bloody seconds. In my opinion the worst tactic is constantly holding the player even as he is standing up to play-the-ball, doesn't get penalised nearly as much as it should and it shits me to tears.

Credit where it's due, you guys are the best at getting away with it. I mostly blame the refs and not the Storm. Why would you stop doing it if you're not being consistently penalised for it.

StormHi

Juniors
:lol:

This is rich. Calling me a dumb merkin when you can't even write a good argument.

Take a good look at ya self before you come back here :lol:

What pray ell was wrong with the argument??

You disagree with it so it isn't good?? :lol: dude you are worse then Doggiesbro.

Lol like I said bring up the "wrestling" related penalties and see if the storm are the masters at it...... :roll:

Fact is we get off the line quickly (to quick sometimes had3 offside penalties blown today)
And our line Defence is great not because of the "wrestle" but because of the commitment.

You guys couldn't break us even with all that help really pathetic listening to the crying foul.

Swarzey

Bench
What pray ell was wrong with the argument??

You disagree with it so it isn't good?? :lol: dude you are worse then Doggiesbro.

Lol like I said bring up the "wrestling" related penalties and see if the storm are the masters at it...... :roll:

Fact is we get off the line quickly (to quick sometimes had3 offside penalties blown today)
And our line Defence is great not because of the "wrestle" but because of the commitment.

You guys couldn't break us even with all that help really pathetic listening to the crying foul.

I never actually disagreed, never said your line defence and speed wasn't great, never said anything about wrestling related penalties, never said anything about not being able to break the Storm this afternoon.

You said ball tampering isn't in the spirit of the game. My response? Wrestling isn't, something your club strongly implemented. It HAS slowed the game down. It HAS been adopted by other clubs. It IS the reason why the speed of the game has slowed down in recent years.

Instead, you try to shift the argument to the fact your club doesn't get pulled up for penalties and then say I have no idea of how tackling has evolved, trying to justify your clubs adoption of it. That to me shows you have absolutely no idea what you're going on about and seem to be clutching at straws in an attempt to avoid admitting that your club many years ago done something that isn't in the spirit of the game.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Isn't the spirit to win the game? Second spirit, maybe toughness. Third spirit? Sportsmanship probably. Fourth spirit? Fifth spirit? Which in the long list of spirits does the wrestling go against?

StormHi

Juniors
Isn't the spirit to win the game? Second spirit, maybe toughness. Third spirit? Sportsmanship probably. Fourth spirit? Fifth spirit? Which in the long list of spirits does the wrestling go against?

Congrats you win the thread I bow before you in humble awe :)

Another game against a top 4 team in Newcastle where refs have tried their best to give the inbred locals the win.

The Storm weren't "ill-disciplined" today, the penalties were for the most part deliberate. They knew what they were doing and derived conscious benefit from foul play. If every penalty worthy act was penalised today, they would have given away double and if the refs were serious had a few binned.

Trust Melbourne to act outside the spirit of the game. Same old Melbourne, always cheating.

Same old macavity, always whinging. :lol:

Noname36

First Grade
So are you saying that people who play for penalties ie. milk penalties by going down when they shouldn't should actually be awarded?

No wonder the game has become so f**king soft when some people actually encourage it.

Um...did you just not read my post properly or are you a moron? I said that it shouldn't matter what Boyd's reaction was, that makes no difference to the obvious fact that Cronk performed a professional foul.

If a player milks a penalty that is a legitimate penalty I have no problem with it. Nobody is suggesting players should automatically get a penalty if they play for one you idiot...but yes, they should still get one if it's justified.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Apart from Dani, are there any other intelligent Storm fans who accept that Cronk committed the most blatant of professional fouls and should have been in the sheds for ten?

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Storm are a protected species. We all know it. We just have to accept it. Their star players never get suspensions for dog acts.

Except that one time their captain was suspended and missed a Grand Final for trying to decapitate Sam Thaiday...

Card Shark

Immortal
In summary:

Cronk committed an obvious professional foul in a possible try scoring play & should've been sin- binned, no matter how much Boyd did or didn't dive.

Melbourne are a protected species.

Melbourne are pacesetters in the evolution of the game. They are now strategically giving away penalties because they know they won't be binned & the refs will take it easy on them late in the game.

STORM.99/07

Bench
It doesn't f**king matter if Boyd went down like he was shot or didn't go down at all...Cronk still deliberately interfered and should have been sent to the bin like anyone else would have.

It's pretty simple.
Storm -dogs game Justin Oneil was pulled down within 10 metres of try line with no one in front of him by reynolds NO SIN BIN..boyd had at least 3 Storm players in front of him and the try line when he went down.He wouldn`t have scored. No sin bin..

So IT DOES HAPPEN TO STORM so everyone stop their whinging that we are a protected species.It is so old.

chrisD

Coach
When they've kicked and shoulder charged people in the head this season without consequences why would tackling someone without the ball rate a mention?

STORM.99/07

Bench
Apart from Dani, are there any other intelligent Storm fans who accept that Cronk committed the most blatant of professional fouls and should have been in the sheds for ten?

Did you think that reynolds pulling down Justin Oneil within 10 metres of the try line was a professional foul and should have been sin binned.All the commentators were screaming that it should have been a penalty try and reynolds should have been in the bin for 10.But it wasn`t paid and he wasn`t sent off.That one was far worse than boyd/Cronk incident.
We aren`t a protected species.

Swarzey

Bench
So does that automatically give your side a free pass to commit a professional foul? If so, then next week say Boyd can tackle Bowen who's chasing a JT kick and escape punishment except cop a penalty? Should us fans come here having a whinge that Boyd is getting unfairly criticised like Cronk has been?

Wake up, you lot have some of the most protected players in the game.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Say what ever you like as knights fans whinge every week.They should just accept the fact that your team is just not good enough to capitalise on the penalties that you are given.