What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Storm spoiler

ek999

First Grade
Storm aren't protected species. The refs are just stupid merkins who are too scared to put someone in the bin. Cronk should have gone and so should've a Dragons player for the 68 or so penalties they gave out in the last couple of minutes of the first half on Saturday. And Josh Reynolds too when we played the Storm. They only need to bin one or two players and they will stop giving away so many penalties on their own line.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Billy cops alot of high tackles but he doesn`t get penalties.As for him being a protected species is a laugh.

port-722484349-620x414.jpg

701857-billy-slater-melbourne-nrl.jpg

What penalty did Slater receive for either of the above?

simostorm

Bench
Yeah I thought it was a professional foul.. But hey.. It was a tactic he took based on how the refs call things.. Not the first time a player has exploited that.

ek999

First Grade
Yeah I thought it was a professional foul.. But hey.. It was a tactic he took based on how the refs call things.. Not the first time a player has exploited that.

Exactly, it isn't the players fault they don't get sent to the bin. It's up to the referee to ref the game and if someone does something that deserves time in the bin then they should put them in the bin

Rod

Bench
Storm aren't protected species. The refs are just stupid merkins who are too scared to put someone in the bin. Cronk should have gone and so should've a Dragons player for the 68 or so penalties they gave out in the last couple of minutes of the first half on Saturday. And Josh Reynolds too when we played the Storm. They only need to bin one or two players and they will stop giving away so many penalties on their own line.

Yeah this sums it up pretty well. I don't necessarily buy into the big 3 being a protected species, although Slater does seem to have had a fortunate run judiciary wise. It's more the fact that the Storm are aware of how to exploit the mentality of the referees ie. reluctant to bin, not getting the penalty count too lopsided etc.

Like I said last night, as frustrated as I get watching them play, I actually blame the referees more than the Storm.

thorson1987

Coach
Yeah this sums it up pretty well. I don't necessarily buy into the big 3 being a protected species, although Slater does seem to have had a fortunate run judiciary wise. It's more the fact that the Storm are aware of how to exploit the mentality of the referees ie. reluctant to bin, not getting the penalty count too lopsided etc.

Like I said last night, as frustrated as I get watching them play, I actually blame the referees more than the Storm.

Agreed.

Slaters judiciary record was pretty bad at one stage though.

natheel

Coach
Cronk, smith and slater are protected to the hilt. Its ridiculous how much they're able to get away with

betcats

Referee
Understandably so, in their defence.

The media hound them the next day - they don't like being back page news. They have become gun shy.

Now the media are hounding them for their shit non calls like not sending Cronk or Reynolds off which both were clear calls.

Latest posts