What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights vs Sharks

Zoidberg

First Grade
I was about to say I feel sorry for Browny and a few of the players, but no, stuff that. I feel sorry for me and for you guys. We probably feel it as bad as them and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Uate has made a few good tackles coming in. One was 1 on 1 around the legs and a few as 3rd tackler around the legs.
No upgrade for Tariq - he goes.
Clearly the worst season ever. Many other seasons we were bad but had hope we could turn something on now and then.
This season - nothing.

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah I don't feel sorry for the players at all because, at the end of the day, most of them are earning 3 to 6 times more than me.

Johns Magic

Referee
Not sure how you make that assessment.

At least we can hope this is pain necessary to blood young kids.

Last year we were getting pummelled with the likes of Gidley, Houston, Snowden, McManus, Scott at the fore.

These kids could turn out to suck but at least there's the thin ray of light possibility. Furthermore you know Brownie won't just keep the status quo if it's failing so it makes it all a bit less hopeless.

EDIT: of course there are plenty of duds in this side but at least a few more hopefuls I mean. Not saying this side in its current form will come good, but we 're trying to piece together the puzzle.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
What exactly did the fans want? A thrashing by 30 points every week?

Matt Gidley came out and said the fans wanted locals playing for the club, and they needed to come out and see them play, and that crowds are up so they are justifying their position.

So the fans obviously want to see the team get flogged by 40 every week.

K-Man

Bench
It's the fact we are not even slightly competitive. I really don't care anymore about winning, because we can't win, but it's getting more and more pointless to watch us. We are just not in the contest. I don't know if I can keep going like this.

Johns Magic

Referee
If all of you got asked last year when we lost like 10 on the trot, if we could rip that squad apart and try rebuilding with a coach focuses on blooding young local talents, but it would be painful for a while with no guarantee of ever coming good, I imagine you all would have agreed.

That is what we have done. I can't complain too much.

Alex28

Coach
All I ask is to show some spirit.

Which justifies the NRL's ignorance of our position.

Don't get me wrong - I got $7.20 on the Knights winning 0-6 games for the season. Easiest money I'll ever win...

The NRL just wants locals to pay for tickets no matter what crap is served up. Simple as that.

perverse

Referee
Yeah, I guess I'm not saying this isn't the way forward, it would just be nice to be like other clubs that don't need to turn out the worst team seen in the NRL in nearly 20 years in order to rebuild.

Latest posts