What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
You don't think Ogden is good enough for the top 30? ffs we can't even find enough players to fill ours.
I don’t know how a Top 30 fully works, but I am guessing that you’d have a dinosaur middle who is there to play maybe once a year if a kid is not ready or injuries pushed you that way ? Otherwise his job is to provide experience in reggies.

Others can correct me if necessary.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t know how a Top 30 fully works, but I am guessing that you’d have a dinosaur middle who is there to play maybe once a year if a kid is not ready or injuries pushed you that way ? Others can correct me if necessary.
It seems to be just players who are able to play NRL from round one if required. About half of them at every club are reserve graders, especially this year with the 17th team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sorry I’m a bit confused. To have highlighted the only form middle in NSW cup this year and somehow you want to claim some sort of Ron Massey guru status ?

Hate to break it to you, but everyone who watched a NSW Cup game this year coukd see the same thing.

Of course they could. After one games heaps of others on here publicly said he impressed them. I WASN’T THE ONLY ONE.
You're right. The big man from the east gets it all sorted and corrected again.
Dick weasel

hindy111

Post Whore
You wanted to promote a player who hadn’t shown any consistency? Thank f**k you’re not running the club. We’d end up like the Tigers.

I f**king said the only guy with promise was Morretti and Mataele who wasn't very inspiring. Whilst you cobbled on about Moimesea being a great defender and NRL level. What did I say to that? He will end upmin NSW CUP on the bench then flushed out of system.

Face it. I am a great talent spotter

King-Gutho94

Coach
You think he won’t be good enough for the top 30 next year?
He has been here for 18 months I would have thought by now Ogden being at 26 years of age he should have surpassed Makatoa in the pecking order by now if he was decent enough.

Makatoa is competent/above average but nothing special and is 3 and half years older then Ogden.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I f**king said the only guy with promise was Morretti and Mataele who wasn't very inspiring. Whilst you cobbled on about Moimesea being a great defender and NRL level. What did I say to that? He will end upmin NSW CUP on the bench then flushed out of system.

Face it. I am a great talent spotter
Well so far Momoisea has played first grade and Moretti hasn’t. Moretti has never been good enough for the top 30 at any club. That’s why we signed him into our second tier. He goes good against reserve graders though, like Jake Arthur. The difference is Moretti is two years older. He is also two years older than Mataele.