What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

JokerEel

Coach
Because we had a new winger and a Massey winger and no centres or 5/8.

Then we had Dunster and Lume left over. No brainer they have to plug those holes because they at least know club defensive patterns. So hard because they only get one captains run together.
Read my post above

Gronk

Staff member
Read my post above
I think MJC posted that the club have given up on Cini and his shit D and are trying to make a FB out if him. I hear you. Maybe he should have switched back for today, but he’s such a turnstile it probably wouldn’t have made any difference.

JokerEel

Coach
I think MJC posted that the club have given up on Cini and his shit D and are trying to make a FB out if him. I hear you. Maybe he should have switched back for today, but he’s such a turnstile it probably wouldn’t have made any difference.

Could not have been worse than what our centre produced today.

Like I said LumeLume and Dunster should be wingers.

You don't develop playing centre.

You don't have consistency by what the idiot is doing as a coach. I didn't like him as a coach the first time around and didn't agree with the club bringing h back.

Gronk

Staff member
The failure of our junior development has been a black mark on BA's and the club's chosen staff during BA's 10 year tenure.
It has been abysmal.
We certainly managed our juniors poorly during covid and hence why we have a dearth of talent in the 22/23 age bracket. Tragic circumstances right now.

JokerEel

Coach
We have wasted years of development of potential halves by playing Jordan Rankin for the last few seasons when he was never going to play firsts. Why is he taking the spot of a young half we need to develop?

It's probably good to have him in the halves next to a young inexperienced half but we don't have one at cup level we have 3 in waiting so maybe he will play 7 with one of them at 6 soon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just trying to work out how many NRL and Cup backs 1 through 7 are actually missing?
Drown
Miller Stephen
Im sure theres more but my memory escapes me. Im not counting Jake cause we let him go.
Miller-Steven isn’t in our full time squad. We are missing Blake, Drown and Loizou, and haven’t yet replaced Jake Arthur’s in the top 30. Our development list includes Talagi and Kalache as well, who are unavailable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Haze Dunster is never playing first grade as a centre why is he playing their at cup? How does that help our backup winger development?
It looks like they knew they would be having some issues in defence, so just tried to put the best (remaining) defenders in the two and three spots (centres and halves).