What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

parra pete

Referee
Lane, Ofen, Matterson, Hodgson, Blake, Dyl Brown availability would have made a difference to the NSW Cup team....

and I forgot about Greig...that's a bit of cattle on the sideline...

Last edited:

jason taylor

Bench
We have wasted years of development of potential halves by playing Jordan Rankin for the last few seasons when he was never going to play firsts. Why is he taking the spot of a young half we need to develop?

We developed Jacob Arthur. Our fans ran him out of town.

Ultimately, I'd rather be in our position, where our first grade team wins comfortably, and the reserve grade side gets pummeled than be in the Bulldog's position.

Penisini, Dylan Brown and Sean Russell are really the highlights of our recent junior development in terms of transition to first grade. I feel like our system has come a long way since the early 2010s when we were letting players like Daniel Tupou (and even Moses) slip through to go onto bigger and better things at other clubs. The changes Nathan Brown has made appear positive, but the lead times till we'll see actual results won't happen overnight.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have wasted years of development of potential halves by playing Jordan Rankin for the last few seasons when he was never going to play firsts. Why is he taking the spot of a young half we need to develop?
He’s not taking anyone’s spot. He’s not even in the top thirty. Last year he mostly played fullback with Jack Williams (also not top thirty) in the halves. This year Rankin has only played in the halves. He just fills in where needed and provides experience. He’s not stopping anyone from getting a game. If we had anyone else who could’ve played in the halves today Momoisea no doubt would’ve played at centre or in the forwards.

Gronk

Staff member
We developed Jacob Arthur. Our fans ran him out of town.

Ultimately, I'd rather be in our position, where our first grade team wins comfortably, and the reserve grade side gets pummeled than be in the Bulldog's position.

Penisini, Dylan Brown and Sean Russell are really the highlights of our recent junior development in terms of transition to first grade. I feel like our system has come a long way since the early 2010s when we were letting players like Daniel Tupou (and even Moses) slip through to go onto bigger and better things at other clubs. The changes Nathan Brown has made appear positive, but the lead times till we'll see actual results won't happen overnight.
100% but I think you’re being super kind to Nathan Brown. The success of Matts and Ball this year started way before his tenure commenced mid 2022. I am not trying to undermine him, but to spread the recognition to the chaps working in the Jnr league elite pathways JETS program. Not only did the review give us Nathan Brown, but it also gave us the cash to bring kids down from the country and QLD. A combination of all of this has clearly paid dividends.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Miller-Steven isn’t in our full time squad. We are missing Blake, Drown and Loizou, and haven’t yet replaced Jake Arthur’s in the top 30. Our development list includes Talagi and Kalache as well, who are unavailable.
You can’t help bad luck mate, and a lack of resources.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
100% but I think you’re being super kind to Nathan Brown. The success of Matts and Ball this year started way before his tenure commenced mid 2022. I am not trying to undermine him, but to spread the recognition to the chaps working in the Jnr league elite pathways JETS program. Not only did the review give us Nathan Brown, but it also gave us the cash to bring kids down from the country and QLD. A combination of all of this has clearly paid dividends.

A lot of our SG Ball winning squad have been in our systems for 4-5 years

Pazza

First Grade
but it also gave us the cash to bring kids down from the country and QLD. A combination of all of this has clearly paid dividends.

This makes me happy. We need to be competing for talent where ever possible.