What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kurt Mann @ 5/8

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I have seen superstar reserve graders not handle first grade.And I have seen average reserve graders become very good first graders.McGregor biggest fault In my opinion is he show no faith in the younger players leaving them on the bench till 75 minute.and basically showing no confidence in them.If he really wanted the best for the dragons if players aren't performing the younger players should be given a chance
The trouble is the goose hasn't got the nouse to see this

Drag Queen

Bench
OK I'm very happy he has once again proved how good he is, if only the coach had given him a fair go three years ago.
CC
Mann was exceptional CC in a very average team. I still can't fathom why he re-signed with us tbh. He showed what he can do yesterday. Kudos to him and shame on Mary for dismissing him after a couple of missed bombs at FB. Does that ring a bell with our defenseless incumbent FB who should be a touch footy player? Go figure.

ouryears

Bench
Not a half but plays direct. Good enough for our game. Field needs more minutes. We need points
I pray Widdop is out for the year so we have a decent half on the field in Mann.

The side line is Widdops friend, crabbing, sideways, nothing.

Mann is the better option.

Wish you a slow recovery widdop.

j0nesy

Bench
Mann straightened our attack, which has been playing sideways for a while now. But The bloke had a blinder. I think 5/8th is his best position, he’s had a few very good games there. Pre-match I was very uncomfortable with this selection because I though he’d been playing badly this season. Proved me wrong.

Had a bit to do with Friz running hard up the middle too.

Red V for life

Juniors
Mann on the weekend looked like a guy who knows he has a few weeks in his favoured position and was making hay while the sun shined. I know he splits the forum, but i’ve always been a big fan and frustrated by him not locking down a starting 13 spot. What he is likely to do in the next 3 or so weeks is show another team ‘hey, don’t forget me!’ and he’ll go elsewhere.

I would like to see Widdop return through the FB position. Where that leaves Dufty, I don’t know. Bench as an X factor player? I also think the Widdop at the back, Mann and Hunt in the halves would help Hunt to run more as there are more kicking options and this is when he is at his most dangerous.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Mann was exceptional CC in a very average team. I still can't fathom why he re-signed with us tbh. He showed what he can do yesterday. Kudos to him and shame on Mary for dismissing him after a couple of missed bombs at FB. Does that ring a bell with our defenseless incumbent FB who should be a touch footy player? Go figure.
in this case i agree with you drag but dont get too excited one game does not prove anything lets hold judgement until widdop comes back ...yes dufty has got serious negatives but we both know the coach aint going nowhere ..........near dropping anybody

Drag Queen

Bench
Mann on the weekend looked like a guy who knows he has a few weeks in his favoured position and was making hay while the sun shined. I know he splits the forum, but i’ve always been a big fan and frustrated by him not locking down a starting 13 spot. What he is likely to do in the next 3 or so weeks is show another team ‘hey, don’t forget me!’ and he’ll go elsewhere.

I would like to see Widdop return through the FB position. Where that leaves Dufty, I don’t know. Bench as an X factor player? I also think the Widdop at the back, Mann and Hunt in the halves would help Hunt to run more as there are more kicking options and this is when he is at his most dangerous.
Bingo.

getsmarty

Immortal
I pray Widdop is out for the year so we have a decent half on the field in Mann.

The side line is Widdops friend, crabbing, sideways, nothing.

Mann is the better option.

Wish you a slow recovery widdop.

You are kidding...as much as I like Mann and hope he can secure a starting spot in our side, Widdop is our 5/8...one of the best short kicking games in the comp...just ask any opposition player....Nice one; the Vas/Ruby/Sigurd/Glen fan club is out in force again...LOL.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
in this case i agree with you drag but dont get too excited one game does not prove anything lets hold judgement until widdop comes back ...yes dufty has got serious negatives but we both know the coach aint going nowhere ..........near dropping anybody
True OD. He has his faves and Mann isn't one of them. As Red V stated, a reshuffle with positions may work wonders going into the finals. Widdop to FB could prove a stroke of genius. Unfortunately our esteemed coach lacks vision. Only positive I've seen in the last couple of weeks was the introduction of Peirera to first grade.

getsmarty

Immortal
What?

Widdop was consistently great until mid season. To say Mann is the better option at half is delusional. And I like Mann.

Yep...the Anti -Widdop club out in force again...when they get bored, Dufty will probably be next in line...