What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Flanagan

He got the Bateman story right, even though Bateman kept calling him full of it. Not that Hooper’s always right, but cutting your 22 year old halfback who had a super solid year because he didn’t immediately turn into Cooper Cronk and deliver the club’s third premiership in a row does seem like a very Roosters thing to do.

On 360, Hooper also mentioned that the senior players were questioning Flanno’s character. Sounds to me that there could be similarities to Hastings’ time at the club.

Grapple

Bench
Priming SBW to take his spot next year.

You heard it here first.

SBW is all about the comeback and redemption.
This is clearly the final chapter in his return, like Gandalf in LOTR..... SBW will return to Canterbury and lead us to a final, ironically, we will probably get knocked out first round by a kieran foran led manly team, but you get what you give.

typicalfan

Coach
They are honouring his contract though.

They have just told him that we won't be re-signed after 2021 season and if he finds someone willing to take him then they are happy to release him early.

This type of thing happens every year.
Better than stringing him along but the Roosters definitely want him off the books for next year this is just the good pr way of saying it.

Not saying it's good or bad but Roosters wouldn't do this unless it is also to their benefit.

Tweed Titan

Bench
He shits all over Lam who's pretty useless and Walker isn't ready. It's obvious that this is either a discipline, attitude or effort based decision by the Roosters recruitment and coaching staff.

Either that or something off field. His dad probably didn't help when he sooked about him getting dropped a month or two ago. Whatever he got dropped for was obviously a part of it because it wasn't on field performance related in my opinion.

Wizardman

First Grade
He shits all over Lam who's pretty useless and Walker isn't ready. It's obvious that this is either a discipline, attitude or effort based decision by the Roosters recruitment and coaching staff.

Either that or something off field. His dad probably didn't help when he sooked about him getting dropped a month or two ago. Whatever he got dropped for was obviously a part of it because it wasn't on field performance related in my opinion.
I'd say it is performance based. He kicks ok, tackles ok more days than not and backs up the play well. What he is absolutely not though is a ball player. I find him extremely overrated. The fact that he kicks a lot of goals and is surrounded by class players certainly does hide the fact that he is very average. I would not want him at the Tigers.

SBD82

Coach
I’ve never thought much of Flanno jnr. I think he’s been over hyped due to his surname, and the way he has carried himself without achieving anything made me think he was cocky without earning it.

But I’ve gotta admit, watching him break down in that interview was pretty gut wrenching. It’s easy to type negative comments into an anonymous forum and forget the human aspect of our game.

Hope he bounces back and is able to grow from this. I don’t really care if that’s in footy or outside of it. He’s still a very young man, and I don’t wish that sort of devastation on anyone.

Generalzod

Immortal
I’ve never thought much of Flanno jnr. I think he’s been over hyped due to his surname, and the way he has carried himself without achieving anything made me think he was cocky without earning it.

But I’ve gotta admit, watching him break down in that interview was pretty gut wrenching. It’s easy to type negative comments into an anonymous forum and forget the human aspect of our game.

Hope he bounces back and is able to grow from this. I don’t really care if that’s in footy or outside of it. He’s still a very young man, and I don’t wish that sort of devastation on anyone.
Well said..

Nealo 12

Bench
Dogs need to have good hard look at themselves for letting that play out , why would anyone sign for them knowing now the lack of support.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Dogs need to have good hard look at themselves for letting that play out , why would anyone sign for them knowing now the lack of support.

Was that a nudge nudge wink wink to burton to to remain at panthers

But yes , that’s exactly what I was thinking ... the recruiting they had planned for next year just got harder

roofromoz

First Grade
If he takes a mental health break sometime in the near future, it will be quite easy to pinpoint a reason why...

The system has let this kid down imo. He is still very young and has the makings of a solid half but the Roosters thought he was something that he actually wasn’t and then the Dogs... Well, they’re desperate. Despite all evidence suggesting he wasn’t up to it, they put the marquee tag on him and all the expectations of that fan base.

Ffs... If the Roosters couldn’t make a go of him, wtf made the Dogs think they could? The Chooks are light years ahead in the way they’re set up.

Dogs mistake 2... They failed to sign someone decent to play along side him. Benji, Burton, anyone would be better than what’s there right now.

Mistake 3 - I’m not convinced Barrett could coach a Choko vine up a back fence. He should be the first one defending that kid. Even if everyone else at the Dogs thought that press conference today was ok, Barrett should’ve known it wasn’t. A good coach absolutely does not set a young kid up like that.

I hope young Flanno leaves. I hope he ends up at a decent club that works through his weaknesses and he ends up having a long career. He has the makings of a decent player, he just needs to be protected from the wolves while he finds his place.

moffla

Bench
I’ve never wanted a non-storm player to succeed as much as I want K.F to.

The lad is a good halfback. I desperately hope he proves it.

dogslife

Coach
Feel for the kid. Don't get me wrong, he's been shithouse, but he's playing behind arguably the worst pack in the comp, the outside backs haven't been great, and his halves partner has even less games under his belt. Next year will be the yard stick for him given a lot of the dead wood will have been cleared out by then (fingers crossed), and he'll have a solid halves partner in Burton with him.

Also, whose idea was it to have him front the media a few days removed from being benched, terrible optics. Uppercut yourself whoever is responsible