What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

aussies1st

Staff member
Raiders finally have a good forward pack. If Smith can have a similar start to next year as he did this year and Carney is at halfback the Raiders could make the 8.

Big Mick

Referee
aussies1st said:
Raiders finally have a good forward pack. If Smith can have a similar start to next year as he did this year and Carney is at halfback the Raiders could make the 8.

I think that may be a stretch...but you wont be far off.

I think 2007 will be a better year for the Raiders.

Once Todd Carney...has a WHOLE season under his belt and with the guidance of Jason Smith I think Raiders will fire.

6. Smith
7. Carney
9. Woolford
17. Withers

has to be the starting combination from round 1 onwards. If it isn't...then Raiders will struggle.

sharks4ever

Juniors
1. Eels
2. Broncos
3. Sharks
4. Dragons
5. Manly
6. Tigers
7. Knights
8. Rabbitohs
9. Bulldogs
10. Cowboys
11. Roosters
12. Panthers
13. Raiders
14. Storm
15. Warriors

Hurriflatch

Referee
If Tim Smith doesn't drop off in his 2nd year and injuries are kind Parra should be top 4 again next year.

aussies1st

Staff member
Big Mick © said:
I think that may be a stretch...but you wont be far off.

I think 2007 will be a better year for the Raiders.

Once Todd Carney...has a WHOLE season under his belt and with the guidance of Jason Smith I think Raiders will fire.

6. Smith
7. Carney
9. Woolford
17. Withers

has to be the starting combination from round 1 onwards. If it isn't...then Raiders will struggle.

I agree. We saw how close the 8 was this year so they could well scrape in as long as that is the lineup picked.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
1. St George
2. Wests Tigers
3. Parramatta
4. Brisbane
5. Cowboys
6. Roosters
7. Manly
8. Bulldogs
-------------
9. Newcastle
10. Souths
11. Melbourne
12. Cronulla
13. Panthers
14. Canberra
15. Warriors

Should have saved a thread like this until the off-season. But anyways

1. Dragons
2. Tigers
3. Bulldogs
4. Knights
5. Eels
6. Broncos
7. Cowboys
8. Panthers
9. Sea Eagles
10. Rabbitohs
11. Storm
12. Roosters
13. Warriors
14. Sharks
15. Raiders

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
1) Dragons - will dominate again
2) Sharks - signings like Ross , Pomeroy on top of stars like Vagana and Covell and the sky is the limit.
3) EELS - Will remain strong
4) Tigers - similar year to this year.
5) Broncos - solid.
6) Knights - Will make top 6, dont have the all round team to go to the top.
7) Panthers - will improve
8) Storm - semis

9) Roosters - i dont liek them
10) Bulldogs - are only 1\17th of the sdie they were in 04
11) Cowboys - will go downhill , jaiman lowe has left the club
12) Manly - were found out late in the year and will stay mediocre.
13) Raiders - i dont rate them
14) Warriors - they have attitude problems, will finish poorly, but good in patches.
15) Rabbitohs - wont improve, losses are worse than there gains.
:lol: BBSF I admire ur optimism. However, the Sharks will go through a re-building phase next year IMO. They haven't signed anyone of real note, Albert's best years are behind him. As for the Knights not having the all roud team to go to the top?? Well lets see I know we cant take the first 13 rounds out of the equation this year, however, from round 16 (our first win) onwards, if they had of taken a table, we would be third, behind the two favourites for the GF in Parra and the Dragons. Not a bad effort for a team who "dont have the all-round team to go all the way".

pantherz9103

First Grade
Jobdog said:
:lol: BBSF I admire ur optimism. However, the Sharks will go through a re-building phase next year IMO. They haven't signed anyone of real note, Albert's best years are behind him. As for the Knights not having the all roud team to go to the top?? Well lets see I know we cant take the first 13 rounds out of the equation this year, however, from round 16 (our first win) onwards, if they had of taken a table, we would be third, behind the two favourites for the GF in Parra and the Dragons. Not a bad effort for a team who "dont have the all-round team to go all the way".

Pull the other one, hand job.

The reason they don't have the all round team to go to the top is because they only won games when Johns and Buderus were on the field. If either of these players goes down with injury they have no decent replacement. I admit I like what I see of your young kid Jarrod Mullen, but you know as well as I do that the Knights success or failure comes down to the health of Joey and Bedsy. If they are on the field all year (which going on recent seasons is unlikely) then you are a premiership threat, if not than you're only threatening the spoon.

I think the Knights will make the 8 next year too. Sixth is more than satisfactory position I'd think so you shouldn't be annoyed at BBSF for putting Knights there.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
pantherz9103 said:
Pull the other one, hand job.

The reason they don't have the all round team to go to the top is because they only won games when Johns and Buderus were on the field. If either of these players goes down with injury they have no decent replacement. I admit I like what I see of your young kid Jarrod Mullen, but you know as well as I do that the Knights success or failure comes down to the health of Joey and Bedsy. If they are on the field all year (which going on recent seasons is unlikely) then you are a premiership threat, if not than you're only threatening the spoon.

I think the Knights will make the 8 next year too. Sixth is more than satisfactory position I'd think so you shouldn't be annoyed at BBSF for putting Knights there.
No need to get personal you f**kwit. But u know ur fighting a losing battle when ppl say stuff about us only winning when Joey's on the field. FFS we lost when he WAS on the field at the start of this year. Injuries play an important part in any teams success, everyone will tell u that. If we stay fit and healthy next year and its a big IF, we will make the 8 and most likely threaten for a top four birth. Oh btw last year we almost made the 8 when joey played two and a half games, so we are capable of winning games when we have to without him. :arrow:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Jobdog said:
No need to get personal you f**kwit. But u know ur fighting a losing battle when ppl say stuff about us only winning when Joey's on the field. FFS we lost when he WAS on the field at the start of this year. Injuries play an important part in any teams success, everyone will tell u that. If we stay fit and healthy next year and its a big IF, we will make the 8 and most likely threaten for a top four birth. Oh btw last year we almost made the 8 when joey played two and a half games, so we are capable of winning games when we have to without him. :arrow:

Just making fun of your name precious :p - other than that i wasn't getting personal you f**kwit! ;-)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah good on ya :roll: Btw some ppl have very short memories when they have to, don't they. And don't forget that it was your team which we broke our duck against, which doesn't say much for your team :lol:

tlk

Bench
1.parra
2.tigers
3.sharks
4.roosters
5.cowboys
6.broncos
7.knights
8.dragons
9.manly
10.storm
11.souths
12.panthers
13.nz
14.bulldogs
15.raiders

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Bring back John Fifita said:
Geez, dunno about sanity -

Sharks for 3rd??????????
Bulldogs for 14th?????????
Dragons 8th???????????
:lol: Point taken, but I did say some ;-)

tlk

Bench
sharks 3rd-jus look at the squad 4 next yr
dragons 8th-expect the to be hit with injury again,luck dont last 4eva
dogs 14th-well there hopeless,not interested,no 5/8

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
God I am sick of people saying the Warriors have "the talent but not the attitude".

The 2005 Warriors had one of the most insipid, uninspiring, boring squads in the comp, and the 2006 squad is even worse.

We played with plenty of "attitude" in 2005, and who knows, maybe we'll have even more in 2006. But regardless of how much "attitude" we play with we are still likely to be bottom 3 purely due to a complete lack of talent.

The 2005 Warriors were basically a slightly better version of Canberra, the 2006 Warriors are probably a slightly worse version.

the hunter said:
sharks 3rd-jus look at the squad 4 next yr
dragons 8th-expect the to be hit with injury again,luck dont last 4eva
dogs 14th-well there hopeless,not interested,no 5/8

Dragons rely on luck????:lol:

Sharks squad for next year, bought a new (old) winger, new front rower (not bad). Lost peachey in favour of the pusher at no1. Problem with the sharks is they get to the top - look at the view and get vertigo.

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
God I am sick of people saying the Warriors have "the talent but not the attitude".

The 2005 Warriors had one of the most insipid, uninspiring, boring squads in the comp, and the 2006 squad is even worse.

We played with plenty of "attitude" in 2005, and who knows, maybe we'll have even more in 2006. But regardless of how much "attitude" we play with we are still likely to be bottom 3 purely due to a complete lack of talent.

The 2005 Warriors were basically a slightly better version of Canberra, the 2006 Warriors are probably a slightly worse version.

Yeah but you know how it is, we play too much "razzle dazzle", too much "loose footy", f*ck, I'd given anything to go back to THOSE days. Basically, people don't watch our games, they just formulate opinions on what happened "back in the day". If anything, its anything but how we play, unfortunately.

This computerised/Australian style, you hit it up, then I'll hit it up, then you hit it up again, then I'll hit it up again, then we'll get to an aimless kick with an even worse chase doesn't suit us.

I'd pick us a helluva lot higher than 15th is Ivan Cleary decides to re-establish good attacking rugby league footy like we had in 2002. The boring flat drone footy we played this year without Stacey Jones and Feka Paleaaesina to break things up will have us in a lot of trouble.

Latest posts