What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

pantherz9103

First Grade
Jobdog said:
Yeah good on ya :roll: Btw some ppl have very short memories when they have to, don't they. And don't forget that it was your team which we broke our duck against, which doesn't say much for your team :lol:

Of course I remember that. I don't think much about that anymore. The Knights usually win at Penrith anyway. The circumstances at the time may have made it embarassing.

The only reason why I might lash out at Knights supporters and why other fans do the same is because even though you won the wooden spoon you guys are carrying on as though you should have made the 8 and wish you got a wildcard.

It seems you are a little too cocky for the supporter of a team that came last. Sure you finished the year really well but the bottom line is, you came last. FFS my team finished 10th and I don't go round big noting them all the time. I think you'll find that's what gets up people's noses, your fans saying that you didn't deserve the spoon. You won the least amount of matches, you got the least amount of points and therefore you deserve to come last.

I know that my team had a poor season and I have never pretended anything different. Infact if anything I've been quite critical even when they won.

Stranger

Coach
Your full of it Pantherz9103.... We DO deserve the spoon, it comes with looseing 13 in a row...

Cocky? Hardly, we just see light and the end of 2 bad seasons. And we know we dont deserve a wild-card or to make the 8. I know i have been one of the few realising that Manly and cronulla were deservingly in the 8.

And we know we have had a poor season, so dont get the sh*ts at us cause we will improve next year and panthers will be on the slide again.... We dont think that we will be premiers next year, but ill tell ya its a sure possibility with our line-up.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Stranger said:
Your full of it Pantherz9103.... We DO deserve the spoon, it comes with looseing 13 in a row...

Cocky? Hardly, we just see light and the end of 2 bad seasons. And we know we dont deserve a wild-card or to make the 8. I know i have been one of the few realising that Manly and cronulla were deservingly in the 8.

And we know we have had a poor season, so dont get the sh*ts at us cause we will improve next year and panthers will be on the slide again.... We dont think that we will be premiers next year, but ill tell ya its a sure possibility with our line-up.

No I'm not full of it. I'm sure of seen plenty of posts from Knights fans thinking they deserve a wildcard and didn't deserve the spoon. Its just something I notice and I bet that plenty of other fans have noticed it too.

By the way i've tipped the Knights to make the 8 next year so its not like I don't rate them. I'm just not one of the premature ejaculators on this board that's all in love in Joey and fearing the 'awesome potential' of the knights with all on board. They played particularly well in the last 11 games of the season with their 8 wins but it is no gaurantee they'll play up to that standard right from the kick off for 2006.

Don't pretend to be so certain about predicting the fortunes of Penrith. Two of our good seasons in modern times 2000 and 2003 came when we were strongly favoured to come last or second last. Just something to remember.

super_coach

First Grade
With the salary cap kicking in big time,next year,you will be able to throw a blanket over the field.I think every team,is in with a chance,but i think the dragons,eels,and tigers will set the pace---the bronks,raiders and warriors to struggle---the cowboys dogs and rorters to stand still--big improvers,rabits--manly,could do anything,but will probably,self destruct--penrith and newcastle will improve--sharks,could suprise--storm,will do it tuff

nullasharks

Juniors
Your all puting the sharks at the bottom. The are only loseing 2 decent players. We were with out stevens for half the year and still made the 8. Peachy wont make that much of a dfference.

We will finish 3-5

Stranger

Coach
No I'm not full of it. I'm sure of seen plenty of posts from Knights fans thinking they deserve a wildcard and didn't deserve the spoon. Its just something I notice and I bet that plenty of other fans have noticed it too.
Got any links to these??.... yeah right... be to hard to back up accusations...

MrSharky

Juniors
nullasharks said:
Your all puting the sharks at the bottom. The are only loseing 2 decent players. We were with out stevens for half the year and still made the 8. Peachy wont make that much of a dfference.

We will finish 3-5

The only way we will finish in the top 4 is with a complete overhaul of the coaching and tactics, as well as a new direction aimed at young players being guided by quality experienced first graders...

The coach knows it.

The board knows it.

The CEO knows it.

The players know it.

The fans know it.

The idea was to get rid of the dead wood. The Sharks thought Peachey was dead wood (wtf!?!?), and have another player in mind to take up his role in '06 (and it definitely won't be Simmons)... Stevo retired on his own merits...

There are definitely some very good players in the Sharks' 40-man train-on squad for '06 below:

Backs:

Darren Albert
Mitch Brown
Luke Covell
Pewee Moke
Dane Neilsen
Ben Pomeroy
Martin Raftery
Beau Scott
David Simmons
Nigel Vagana
Adam Dykes
Ben Green
Braken Karauira Henry
Brett Kimmorley

Forwards

Phil Bailey
Cameron Ciraldo
Luke Douglas
Paul Gallen
Luke Harlen
Sam Isemonger
Jeremy latimore
Phil Leulaui
Rhys Lovegrove
Hutch Maiava
Clifford Manua
Darren Mapp
Danny Nutley
Ben Ross
Ben Sanders
Jacob Selmes
James Stosic
Dayne Weston
Rhys Williams

Utilities/Hookers

Greg Bird
Jardine Bobongie
Tony Caine
Nick Doig
Matt Hilder
Kevin Kingston
Tevita Latu

Definitely will be competitive that's for sure...

:cool:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Stranger said:
Got any links to these??.... yeah right... be to hard to back up accusations...

I'll need a while to search for them if you need proof.

I understand your sensitivity when you think i'm bagging your team. But I'm just bagging the arrogance of some of your fans, that's all.

bluenwhite

Juniors
1. Tigers
2. Bulldogs
3. Eels
4. Dragons
5. Panthers
6. Knights
7. Roosters
8. Storm

9. Souths

10. Cowboys
11. Broncos <-- not likely but that's where they deserve to be by the end of the season all the time
12. Cronulla
13. Manly
14. Canberra
15. Warriors

Pantherjim.

Referee
Jobdog said:
And don't forget that it was your team which we broke our duck against, which doesn't say much for your team :lol:

So by saying this, your insinuating that your own club are complete hacks as well. :lol:

Pantherjim.

bluenwhite

Juniors
i think i'll explain my reasoning for my choice of top 8

1. Tigers [halves to dominate, team to beat in 06]
2. Bulldogs [young great halves combination in karawana/holdsworth if sherwin leaves, team to beat in 06]
3. Eels [great all round team but will probably struggle a little in the first few weeks after winning the '05 premiership]
4. Dragons [drop off a little towards the end of the season]
5. Panthers [despite what everyone else thinks, i think they'll be back to their '04 form]
6. Knights [joey and buderus to dominate]
7. Roosters [anasta and finch - scary halves combo :p lol kidding, i think harrison will have a big role in putting them in the top 8]
8. Storm [never underestimating them, they could even finish as minor premiers]

9. Souths [they're halves will work well together for the first time in .. ages]

10. Cowboys [their weaknesses have been exposed]
11. Broncos [not likely but that's where they deserve to be by the end of the season all the time]
12. Cronulla [won't be up to the standards of the other teams]
13. Manly [see cronulla]
14. Canberra [see manly]
15. Warriors [see canberra]

Pantherjim.

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
The only reason why I might lash out at Knights supporters and why other fans do the same is because even though you won the wooden spoon you guys are carrying on as though you should have made the 8 and wish you got a wildcard.

It seems you are a little too cocky for the supporter of a team that came last. Sure you finished the year really well but the bottom line is, you came last. FFS my team finished 10th and I don't go round big noting them all the time. I think you'll find that's what gets up people's noses, your fans saying that you didn't deserve the spoon. You won the least amount of matches, you got the least amount of points and therefore you deserve to come last.

:clap: Couldn't have said it better myself. Even their beloved captain was saying that he was trying to "offload" the spoon on to us or a similarly ranked team. Joey, you reap what you sew, you make your bed, you lie in it. You lose 13 games in a row you deserve the wooden spoon. New experience for the Knights maybe, but an experience that every team needs to go through. Ultimately it benefits the club as a whole as it is a learning curve.

pantherz9103 said:

Yep I definately noticed it, just when the Knights started kicking arse towards the tail end of the season a lot of Knights fans in here were making complete d*cks out of themselves stating "that their club was playing so well" and that "Joey was a God" and having a piss and moan about "Not deserving the spoon". I actually amused myself reading some of the spoiler threads from games where Penrith were playing, riddled with Knights supporters praying and hoping for Penrith to fall over just so that their boys could avoid the wooden spoon! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pantherjim.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And what exactly is wrong with hoping any team who were still in the hunt to lose so we had the chance of giving the spoon to another team? If u were in the same position, I guarantee u would do the same bloody thing. As I said before, if the comp started at the end of round 15, which it didnt :lol: :p we would be sitting in third spot behind the two premiership favourites in the Dragons and the Eels. That in itself says that we had a right to be proud of the performance of our boys in the back half of the year.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
bluenwhite said:
2. Bulldogs [young great halves combination in karawana/holdsworth if sherwin leaves, team to beat in 06]

:lol: if the bulldogs are going to get a good spot on the ladder it wont be because of their halves.

RABK

Referee
We went the first 15 rounds with an injury list that never went below 14 first graders, upto $2,000,000 of playing talent was siting on the sidelines. The team dug itself into a rut, confidence was shattered and they couldn't break the duck.

Well, we get half our team back on the field and wallah! We are a top 4 team. 2006, with huge hopes for Ustep and the hiring of Scott Dickenson an injury list that long is a thing of the past.

2006, here we come.

bluenwhite

Juniors
no.5_luke covell said:
:lol: if the bulldogs are going to get a good spot on the ladder it wont be because of their halves.
why would you think this?
some of us have actually seen daniel holdsworth play (shockhorror, instead of just thinking he's crap becuase he's a PL player) and we think he would be a great replacement, better than anasta. he just doesn't get enough first grade becuase he's been playing behind preston campbell with the panthers and trent barrett with the dragons.

and we all know what sherwin can do by himself without the help of anasta (2004)

Pantherjim.

Referee
Jobdog said:
And what exactly is wrong with hoping any team who were still in the hunt to lose so we had the chance of giving the spoon to another team? If u were in the same position, I guarantee u would do the same bloody thing. As I said before, if the comp started at the end of round 15, which it didnt :lol: :p we would be sitting in third spot behind the two premiership favourites in the Dragons and the Eels. That in itself says that we had a right to be proud of the performance of our boys in the back half of the year.

There's a difference between "Hoping your team" won't get the spoon, and being a d*ckhead in here hoping for other teams to fall over so that your club doesn't get it, and then openly whining that "because the Knights and your beloved God Joey have been playing so well lately, they don't deserve the spoon"

I was "Hoping" that the Raiders would beat Manly in the last round so that we could have a shot at making the eight. All Gowie had to do then was to kick a field goal and score one lousy extra little point against the Wests Tigers two weeks ago and we would have leap frogged the Roosters into 8th place. Mind you, I wasn't being a complete d*ck about it in here, as I knew in all probability that the Raiders were going to get smashed considering how they performed against Parramatta a week earlier. Moreover, our performance throughout the season justified my clubs position on the ladder. You can't rely on the performance of other teams to shape your clubs fortune.

Bottom line is I'm not begrudging anyone off having "Hope". I "Hope" I marry an N.R.L. cheerleader someday, but theres a distinct difference between "Hope" and being "Realistic" :lol:

Pantherjim.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Pantherjim. said:
There's a difference between "Hoping your team" won't get the spoon, and being a d*ckhead in here hoping for other teams to fall over so that your club doesn't get it, and then openly whining that "because the Knights and your beloved God Joey have been playing so well lately, they don't deserve the spoon"

I was "Hoping" that the Raiders would beat Manly in the last round so that we could have a shot at making the eight. All Gowie had to do then was to kick a field goal and score one lousy extra little point against the Wests Tigers two weeks ago and we would have leap frogged the Roosters into 8th place. Mind you, I wasn't being a complete d*ck about it in here, as I knew in all probability that the Raiders were going to get smashed considering how they performed against Parramatta a week earlier. Moreover, our performance throughout the season justified my clubs position on the ladder. You can't rely on the performance of other teams to shape your clubs fortune.

Bottom line is I'm not begrudging anyone off having "Hope". I "Hope" I marry an N.R.L. cheerleader someday, but theres a distinct difference between "Hope" and being "Realistic" :lol:

Pantherjim.
And who exactly was coming in here and being a complete "d!ck" hoping for other teams to fall over? In the Knights forum we were openly praying that Souths lost some of their remaining games, purely and simply not because we didn't think we deserved to get the spoon, but because plenty of us are sick of the whining that Souths constantly do.

Latest posts