What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ladder for 06

Jobdog

Live Update Team
By the same token, it was just probably us in denial that we could actually get the spoon. And at least our boys didn't throw in the towel for the back half of the year, they actually gave us something to look forward to for next year.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Jobdog said:
And who exactly was coming in here and being a complete "d!ck" hoping for other teams to fall over? In the Knights forum we were openly praying that Souths lost some of their remaining games, purely and simply not because we didn't think we deserved to get the spoon, but because plenty of us are sick of the whining that Souths constantly do.

Well...

How about here for starters:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=117935&highlight=Penrith+Spoilers

:lol:

Pantherjim.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I wouldn't go as far as saying they were being complete "dicks", maybe just a bit of a light-hearted cheering for the Broncos, because it meant that the Knights were a chance of getting away from the spoon.

bluenwhite

Juniors
just felt like posting this, i wholeheartedly will support the panthers next year to make the finals(after my beloved bulldogs), any team that beats the roosters in a grand final is a friendly team :p

morri (cWo)

First Grade
bluenwhite said:
why would you think this?
some of us have actually seen daniel holdsworth play (shockhorror, instead of just thinking he's crap becuase he's a PL player) and we think he would be a great replacement, better than anasta. he just doesn't get enough first grade becuase he's been playing behind preston campbell with the panthers and trent barrett with the dragons.

and we all know what sherwin can do by himself without the help of anasta (2004)

and nathan merrit is a awesome PL player but when it comes to first grade he is mediocare (sp?).

bluenwhite

Juniors
no.5_luke covell said:
and nathan merrit is a awesome PL player but when it comes to first grade he is mediocare (sp?).
well i've watched him play against manly this year and against aprra last year in first grade and he impressed me fully. there's a difference between YOUR pl players and the dragons PL players.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Covell should be and will be a PL player next season.

Not that im disagreeing with it, but im loving how everyone has written us off already, most of yous are saying we'll get the spoon. Im loving it tbh.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
bluenwhite said:
well i've watched him play against manly this year and against aprra last year in first grade and he impressed me fully. there's a difference between YOUR pl players and the dragons PL players.

sharks dont have PL.

bluenwhite

Juniors
you must have misunderstood me

what i meant was about how you said merritt sucks at FG and is good in PL, there's a difference between him and dj. dj is a great player both in FG and PL

Big Mick

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Storm in bottom half...what a load of crap !!!

well can you justify how you will not be?

Cronk is not that experienced.

Scott hill will get injured and who will be your five-eight? Matt Geyer?

Your backs are good...but your halves arn't that good...your forwards have lost their leader and will be the most ill-disciplined in the comp. I can't fatham how you can think they would be in the top half for instance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Big Mick © said:
well can you justify how you will not be?

Cronk is not that experienced.

Scott hill will get injured and who will be your five-eight? Matt Geyer?

Your backs are good...but your halves arn't that good...your forwards have lost their leader and will be the most ill-disciplined in the comp. I can't fatham how you can think they would be in the top half for instance.

I honestly think speaking about any team's chances, especially with such certainty, is foolish and dumb at this point of the year.

Melbourne could uncover a great or any number of possibilities could arise. Hell, Souths could win the comp at this rate. I'm more inclined to dismiss your claim.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Jobdog said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying they were being complete "dicks", maybe just a bit of a light-hearted cheering for the Broncos, because it meant that the Knights were a chance of getting away from the spoon.

There is NO EXCUSE for cheering even light heartedly for the Broncos. Hoping they win to get your team an important result is ok, but there is NO EXCUSE for cheering them on.

The Broncos are the sort of team where I breathe a sigh of relief once their out of the competition. I say to myself if penrith don't win it 'as long as the Broncos don't win it, and now Roosters or Manly for that matter.

I hope the whining merkins breathe a sigh of relief once the tigers boot them out on Sunday.

Cry%20Baby%202.JPG

"THE SEASON IS TOO LONG!!!!"

Jobdog

Live Update Team
U have your opinion and I have mine. I just think that if ppl cheering on another team so that their own doesn't "win" something like the wooden spoon is a bit too tough for you, I think u need to grow a thicker skin. Lets be honest here, if the Knights and the Panthers swapped positions I bet there would be Panthers fans hoping the Knights would have fallen over. Its just the way it is.