What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ladder Predictions for 2012

Which teams will make the playoffs in 2012?

• Manly

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Warriors

Votes: 130 73.4%
  • Nth Qld

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 96 54.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 128 72.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 42 23.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 145 81.9%
  • Souths

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 93 52.5%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Penrith

Votes: 20 11.3%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 121 68.4%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afinalsin666

First Grade
Super crazy almost always wrong prediction time!

1. Melbourne Storm - Stick to defense with no injuries and we should get there. Big 3 influence is huge.
2. Manly Sea Eagles - Seem too professional to let Dessie leaving at the end of next year affect their playing ability. Chezza and Foran with more experience.
3. Newcastle Knights - 1. Boyd 6. Gidley 7. Mullen 9. Buderus. Bennett. Enough said.
4. Paramatta Eels - The smokey, it won't take long before Sandow and Hayne develop a lethal combination. Best attacking team 2012.
5. Wests Tigers - If Benji and Farrah can stay in form, they can make the 8 without Lui quite easily. Unpredictability and luck is a good combination.
6. Canberra Raiders - Never have 2 bad years in a row. McCrone had to steer the team around the park this year, giving him the experience to know when Campese needs help. End of season run to get them here though.
7. Gold Coast Titans* - Decent signings, hopefuly we can see the Titans of last year come back. *If they sign Carney. If not, drop to 12th, pushing everyone up.
8. St George Dragons - The Bennett influence will still be there, Broncos didn't immediately die when he left them. Will get a hand up in origin time when Sticky gets a hardon for Manly players instead.
9. New Zealand Warriors - Always tip the losing team to miss the eight the next year. Not gonna stop now, Cleary leaving is a massive loss. Can the new coach turn the ship around when the inevitable form slump comes?
10. Cantebury Bulldogs - Transition year, plain and simple. Don't have the backs to make points.
11. Brisbane Broncos - With Lockyer gone, Brisbane is going to fall apart for a few years. I believe Locky had a bigger influence on them this year than Griffin did. Time will tell.
12. Sydney Roosters - Some off field discretion will screw them over next year.
13. North Queensland Cowboys - Cowboys seem fragile from what i've seen this year. All it takes is one loss to send them spinning out of control. It will happen early.
14. Penrith Panthers - Have they signed anyone? Cleary will be good for them, but it will be a long term thing.
15. Cronulla Sharks -
Poor Sharks. Love 'em, but can't see them winning many. Though with a healthy side they could push for the eight, i can't see them staying healthy.
16. South Sydney Rabbitohs - Way to shoot yourself in the foot, Rabbitohs. Spend all your money on a centre so you can't afford your key player. Big forward pack, exciting outside backs, but nothing without the glue. Now Parramatta have all your glue, and you have nothing but pieces.

Grand Final -
Melbourne Storm v Manly
Dally M - Glenn Stewart.
Orgin Winner - Queensland, in another decider.

The only one i have confidence in next year is for Souths to get the spoon.

Noa

First Grade
For the Storm to succeed next year they have to about this big 3 bullshit mentality and realise you need 5 to 6 players to stand up and be counted to win the comp.

RHCP

Bench
1. New Zealand Warriors
2. Parramatta Eels
3. Melbourne Storm
4. Wests Tigers
5. Newcastle Knights
6. North Queensland Cowboys
7. Brisbane Broncos
8. Sydney Roosters
9. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. St. George Illawarra Dragons
12. Penrith Panthers
13. Canberra Raiders
14. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. South Sydney Rabbitohs

Cliffhanger

Coach
1Warriors - They showed this year that there is a lot of quality players in their sides, and they also have a some great up and comers. With a new coach taking over, it's hard to predict where they'll finish but I'm gonna back them for first, because I rate their roster so highly and they will be unaffected by origin and that will help them get some extra competition points.
2 Manly - This seasons success will do wonders for their young guns, who will only get stronger next season.
3 Melbourne - Really dropped off to the end of this season, and their is way too much pressure on their stars, they do have some quality outside those three, but I think we will see a drop in intensity after Origin from them.
4 Knights - If Bennett gets the best out of Mullen they will be a real force.
5 Tigers -
6 Titans -
7 Broncos - Really rate Griffin as a coach and they've got some real quality, halves are a bit of a concern though.
8 Dragons
9 Roosters - Our major weaknesses are our halves, and our fullback and they're not the positions you can afford to be weak in. I think our forwards will lay a good platform and we'll put up a fight, but without the creativity and direction in the halves, we will fall short too often to make the eight
10 Bulldogs - They're going to be their own worst enemy
11 Eels - Kearney is a terrible coach and terrible coaches destroy sides
12 Raiders - Don't buy into the whole Raiders don't have two bad seasons in a row crap, they don't have the side to make the eight.
13 - Sharks They just don't have enough strong players in the side, I think Townsend has a lot of potential and will only get better and no doubt Gallen will have another stellar season but there just isn't enough quality in the side.
14 Panthers
15 Cowboys
16 Souths

I got bored so I didn't explain all my predictions.

dogslife

Coach
1Warriors - They showed this year that there is a lot of quality players in their sides, and they also have a some great up and comers. With a new coach taking over, it's hard to predict where they'll finish but I'm gonna back them for first, because I rate their roster so highly and they will be unaffected by origin and that will help them get some extra competition points.
2 Manly - This seasons success will do wonders for their young guns, who will only get stronger next season.
3 Melbourne - Really dropped off to the end of this season, and their is way too much pressure on their stars, they do have some quality outside those three, but I think we will see a drop in intensity after Origin from them.
4 Knights - If Bennett gets the best out of Mullen they will be a real force.
5 Tigers -
6 Titans -
7 Broncos - Really rate Griffin as a coach and they've got some real quality, halves are a bit of a concern though.
8 Dragons
9 Roosters - Our major weaknesses are our halves, and our fullback and they're not the positions you can afford to be weak in. I think our forwards will lay a good platform and we'll put up a fight, but without the creativity and direction in the halves, we will fall short too often to make the eight
10 Bulldogs - They're going to be their own worst enemy
11 Eels - Kearney is a terrible coach and terrible coaches destroy sides
12 Raiders - Don't buy into the whole Raiders don't have two bad seasons in a row crap, they don't have the side to make the eight.
13 - Sharks They just don't have enough strong players in the side, I think Townsend has a lot of potential and will only get better and no doubt Gallen will have another stellar season but there just isn't enough quality in the side.
14 Panthers
15 Cowboys
16 Souths

I got bored so I didn't explain all my predictions.

No explanation needed

Vic Mackey

Referee
this will prob change a million times

1. Warriors
2. Tigers
3. Cowboys
4. Raiders
5. Storm
6. Sea Eagles
7. Roosters
8. Dragons
9. Knights
10. Eels
11. Titans
12. Rabbiohs
13. Bulldogs
14. Broncos
15. Sharks
16. Panthers

Last edited:

Phil_22

Juniors
1. West Tigers
2. Warriors
3. Melbourne
4. Newcastle
5. St George
6. Canberra
7. Parramatta
8. Brisbane
9. Souths
10. North QLD
11. Cronulla
12. Manly
13. Bulldogs
14. Panthers
15. Roosters
16. Gold Coast

2010Dragons

Bench
top-8-websites.gif

Parra Pride

Referee
1. Parramatta
2. Don't care
3. Don't care
4. Don't care
5. Don't care
6. Don't care
7. Don't care
8. Don't care

9. Lol@50uff$

Clifferd

Coach
In no particular order:

Warriors
Storm
Tigers
Brisbane
Paramatta
Newcastle
Dragons
50uff$

I honestly think souffs will break the drought this year.

But in reality, I can see them fighting for 8th spot in the last round needing to beat newcastle..and we all knew what happened last time :D

Stagger Lee

Bench
A lot of people tipping South's ..... "they've got this!"

IMO Dragons will have a rare bad year and not make the 8.