What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League kicks bottom in ratings

iggy plop

First Grade
grayham said:
Actually, the Channel 7 movie beat the NRL final.

Beating the AFL is one thing (although it seems most NRL viewers switched over once the league was finished), but to have a final match beaten by a 15 year old movie is embarrasing.

Channel 9 would be livid.

Ha ha ha ha.

4 rugby league games made the Sydney top 25 for last week with the Tigers v Cowboys final being one of them.

The Channel 7 movie didn't make the top 50. Where do you get your crap from?

The Swans came last for most of it's timeslot as per usual. Only picked up ratings near the end when the real football had finished.

Most watched footy game up and down the east coast during the weekend?

Broncos v Storm. League rules the box in its markets.

iggy plop

First Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayham
With selective editing by channel 9. Did you expect anything else from 9 ?

Selective editing? What a tosspit!

A top 50 is a top 50 arse clown. All the tv stations are included.

Worst post ever grayham

grayham said:

Well, that puts the ratings for the League and AFL in its place.... LOL

You posted this site you eggfart...

http://mediaspy.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4982

Here's one sentence:

"Nationally the AFL was watched by an average of 1.152 million people while the NRL was watched by an average of 631,000 (in all markets except Perth)." Referring to Friday night.

What that site neglected to mention was that the NRL match was only on at a decent hour in two cities covered by OZTAM and the AFL match was live into all 5.

The next sentence was:

"The League however was beaten by the Ashes second day which was watched by an average 660,000."

Again, not mentioning the obvious that the Cricket was live into 5 cities, the League live into 2.

Selective reporting.

Go to page 6 of the following, where AFL still had the distinct advantage of being live into all 3 markets against League being live into 2. Look at numbers 32 and 46 and explain why, with a massive advantage, AFL didn't beat League.

http://www.pbl.com.au/media/pdf/2005/Australian%20Television%20Ratings%20-%20Week%2037.pdf

Then explain why a delayed NRL semi got 73,000 viewers in Melbourne, but a live AFL semi got only 64,000 in Brisbane.

I reckon it's because "Brisbane viewers couldn't give a toss about the AFL without the Lions playing."

Tell me I'm wrong. They just don't follow AFL in Brisbane and Sydney, they follow the team, not the game.

And if you think the figures are wrong, prove it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Look at the 9 ratings for Brisbane

37 7 M-DIRTY DANCING 194

Look at them for Perth

40 7 M-DIRTY DANCING 127

Now you're saying they left Dirty Dancing in the top 50 for Brisbane and Perh but deleted it for Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide?

You are quite possibly the stupidest person ever born.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Misty Bee said:
Good perspective, Fellas. Just goes to show that, despite the bluring of traditionallines with the placement of the Storm and the Swans, Sydney and Melbourne still watch sport on taditional lines.

Therefore, if C10 have to ball to go head to head with a FNF blockbuster, why the hell can't C9 do the same in Melbourne?

The Swans are still a chance to outdraw Wests, even though the bloody lot of us owe it to the Tigers to welcome them into the finals by showing up - their play this year has been nothing short of sensational, and a great shot in the arm for the code.

If only League broadcasters had the same fainth in their code as AFL broadcasters.
Indeed it is a funny way to run a business.

If you broadcast a sport, you have paid for it.
Therefore it is in your own interests to promote it and get it on in prime time., thus attract sponsors etc etc.

Truly strange.

Mr Saab

Referee
ucantseeme said:
It is perplexing how Swans can get a sellout crowd yet get such poor tv ratings for a final.

AFL does not compare to the NRL as far as a TV game is concerned..especially in sydney.
The SWans are riding a bandwagon support at present, but NRL will always reign supreme in NSW/QLD

eelandia

Juniors
The problem with one team cities is that the team needs to go well EVERY year. As soon as they have a bad year the entire code goes backwards. With League in Sydney, if your team is out of the race there is still a general interest in how other teams perform.

Can't imagine too many people in NSW or Qld caring how St.Kilda or Geelong go.

JW

Coach
LOL Parra.

What poor deluded souls they are. Next we'll see them dancing and cheering down Oxford Street when, or if, they finally have a breakthrough vicroty over Chairman Kaga's Iron Chefs.

Oh and Grayham, fancy getting owned not only here, but on an AFL forum as well.

:lol:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
thommo4pm said:
Memo AFL: You are not wanted in NSW, Fu*ck off and go home.

while im not an AFL fan, while they continue to sell out regular season matches and get 30 odd thousand crowds at the SCG most games I dont think AFLS going anywere

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
while im not an AFL fan, while they continue to sell out regular season matches and get 30 odd thousand crowds at the SCG most games I dont think AFLS going anywere

Your understanding of anything is below that generally associated with an earthworm.

Why don't you find out when they last sold-out the SCG?

I mean, really sold-out, a crowd within 5% of capacity?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Copa said:
Grayham has got to be one of the dumbest people I have ever come across on a forum.

I don't know about that, I mean, they have people like Tampon (bloodsports) and finders (flanders) posting there.

I think it's a tossup between those 3, sorry make it 4, they have beatrice too.

iggy plop

First Grade
eelandia said:
The problem with one team cities is that the team needs to go well EVERY year. As soon as they have a bad year the entire code goes backwards. With League in Sydney, if your team is out of the race there is still a general interest in how other teams perform.

Can't imagine too many people in NSW or Qld caring how St.Kilda or Geelong go.

So true. The AFL have been lucky in Sydney because the Swans have been a finals team for all bar one season since 1996. A few low years and the care factor will in the negative. Who wants to watch a bunch of Victorian and South Australian pussies prancing around the field in red and white jerseys anyway?