What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Enjoyed Grand Final

choc_soldier

Coach
*Paul* said:
2000, as I had the misfortune of being there - the reserve grade (or whatever it was called) GF was a pearler though.

I remember it - Panthers v Bulldogs... it went right down to the wire, but we weren't victorious... :(

To answer the question... 2000 and 2004.

Dog-E

Juniors
92,93, 2000 - all booooooring as batcrap!

1998 - Great, tight first half - but as the Broncos ran away with it in the 2nd half, it developed into a real yawnfest.

And as a side-note - 1996 is the first & only GF I don't even remember though, as long as I have been actively watching Rugby League since about 1979 or so!...Apparently Manly won, though!?! :lol:

Dog-E

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Chooks V Brisbane, i think it was 2002... what a boring sod of a GF

2002 was Roosters v NZ.

I remember watching it from the Steyne Hotel in Manly - CHOCK full of Kiwis! So the atmosphere there was at least great for the most part! :lol: Not a terribly exciting game for the footy purist either, though!

What I mostly remember from that match however, was Viliasanti's flying horizontal headbutt, on a Freddie Fittler who was practically sitting down at the time.

Chooks v Brisbane was 2000.

The only one that I really didnt have time for was 1998 when the Bulldogs played Brisbane.

I loved the rest with 2003 being the perfect season and Grand Final for me. :D

Scorpio30

Bench
I flew over for 1998 and 2000....Really wish Id stayed at home. I do also remember the reserve grade GF in 2000 or was it 98? anyway it had the Bulldogs in it and there was a scrap and Matua Parkinson was in amongst it. He's just been suspended in the NPC for striking BTW.

Rammo said:
hmmm that was really boring

The only Grand Final in the last 15 years where we only knew the result when the final siren sounded.

Someone else answered the bullsh*t about "the only GF in the last 15 years etc...."

It was sh*t.

Two teams unpopular with supporters of other teams, a low-scoring, dour, mistake-riddled game and it was one year after one of the great grand finals.

Thank christ neither side will be there this year....

thickos

First Grade
2000 was a terrible grand final, and the atmosphere was flat as a tack as well.

1991 was the one I enjoyed the least though...

The_Coach

Juniors
Boring grand finals every 2 years; 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996

So we are due for a good one this year.

Scott

Bench
1994. Bella knocked on from the kick off and Canberra just carved up. Only good thing was Mal's intercept try.

Latest posts