What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Enjoyed Grand Final

ucantseeme

Juniors
2004.....i dont think anyone can enjoy a game when there is no one to cheer for, it was like Nazis vs Taliban, who is the lesser of two evils the cheaters or the rorters

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
1993... it was too predictable that the broncs were going to beat St. George on that day...

1996... Well obviously it was pissing down very much at the SFS, both manly and saints were playing sh*t and I couldnt careless about footy at the time when the SL war was going on...

1997 (SL)... Well it was obvious the Broncs were going to win it since they were playing at their home ground for the GF...

2000... couldnt get into the game as i fell asleep in the 20th minute...

2001... 24-0 to the knights at halftime against the minor premiers parramatta? i just cahanged the channel halftime because i Newcastle were going to win it...

2002... I thought it was going to be a very tough GF between the NZ and the Chooks with the scoreline of 8-6 at halftime... but it just became too onesided after halftime...

So overall... the 2000 GF is has to be the most boring GF...

Dog-E

Juniors
Kiwi said:
2000 I think people are saying more because of the 2 teams involved. It was actually a good game. Those tackles Phillips pulled off on Thorn and Tuqiri were absolute rippers.

2004 gets my vote. It was very scrappy. Even though I hated both teams from this game, I still expected a good game and was bitterly disappointed.

Ahhhh, only a teue, one-eyed Brissie fan coulde defend this embarrasment of a GF! :lol

Honestly!!

Bumble

First Grade
2000 was awful...but as others have said, Luke Phillips was awesome in that game.

1998 sucked...so did 2004.

2002 had its moments (King Staceys try), but when the Roosters started to run away with it it got dull.

To be frankly honest as a Broncos supporter, all grand finals they have appeared in have been ordinary football games. Only decent thing about them was the scenes after full time.

2004 was a scrappy, ugly match but the wet weather conditions probably contributed to that.

Ozzwald

Juniors
'85 '92, '93, '96, '99

HATE Canterbuty.....
HATE Brisbane......
HATE Manly......
HATE Melbourne

simostorm

Bench
Hmm probally 2000 for me, but it was still better then any AFL GF that ive ever
seen! Hahahah lets all share a laugh at how sh*t the AFL is.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
The 97 SL grand final was the worst. Brisbane was by far the best team in the comp, the sharks and raiders were the only other teams that put up any challenege.

96 was completely uninteresting for me aswell.

93 was dissapointing because st george were so crap, even though they came 2nd and brisbane came 5th.

I've enjoyed all the GF's so far this century.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Unfortuntely for me the only GF I've attended was the 1992 massaacre of St George
by Brisbane.

Prefer to dwell on the best GF's... 1989,1991,1997,2003

melon....

Coach
2000....booooooring
2004......the bad guys won.
1981.......the Jets were ripped.
1980.......the bad guys won again.

1983 didn't do much for me.
1993 was a yawn.
2000 was dull.

2004 was horrific but still had a silver lining in that no loss will ever hurt as much again. Every loss this year was like water off a duck's back by comparison.

choisir

Juniors
2000 Brisbane v Roosters and 2002 NZ v RoostersBoth ordinary games played by ordinary clubs.

Latest posts