What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Least Enjoyed Grand Final

simon says

First Grade
2000 was terrible...the crowd was so quiet.Me and my crew were screaming for the Roosters and chanting and no one was interested.

The game was never in doubt,the only redeeming quality of the gamew was the last ditch defence of Luke Phillips....it shoudl have been a 20 point flogging but he kept them in the game....

bulldog

Bench
Scott said:
1994. Bella knocked on from the kick off and Canberra just carved up. Only good thing was Mal's intercept try.

That one gets my vote, I was at the ground.

2004 was a pretty lacklustre game, but at least I was able to enjoy the result.

panthersballboy

Juniors
1990 was very dissapointing for me but it was still a top game.

2004 was an extremely boring knock-on-a-thon. 1998 was pretty dull along with 1993, 94 and 96.

2002 was a very good game until the Roosters blew them away. Stacey Jones' try still gives me tingles when I watch it.

aids

Bench
2000, 2004 and the brisbane vs cronulla SL grandfinal in 97(?)

i really think all the GF's in the early 90's were good, but i was pretty young so i was easy to please.

Munky

Coach
2003, it wasn't until the 75th minute that my heart stopped pounding and I started enjoying it.

As far as the game goes 2000 was pretty boring and last years was a shocker.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
1996 - not because my boys lost (that team did astoundingly well to get there in the first place!) but because it was such a dour and boring game.

1998 - got bored by halftime

2000 - yawn from start to finish

2004 - a real drop-a-thon

Denny Crane

Juniors
2004. It is unbelievable that those blokes were even allowed to take part in the season let alone get in the GF and win it. A disgrace. Thank God or whoever is above that they didn't make it this year....

eelandia

Juniors
Any year where one of the teams was unlikely to win re 1992 / 93 when Saints overachieved to get there but were never going to trouble the opposition. Even worse when you can't stand the other team.

1993 Dragons vs Broncos
1997 Broncos vs Sharks Supersnooze GF
2000 Broncos v Roosters

All dead heat for first, followed by

1994 Raiders vs Bulldogs

B-dos

Referee
I actually have no recollection of the 2000 GF. Either i'd had a few too many tubes or it was a very boring game. or both probably.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
At least 2004 was close imo. 2002 was ok up until about the 60 minute mark, then Fitzgibbon scored that ridiculous double movement try and it was all over. 2000 and 1998 have to be near the worst for obvious reasons.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Amazing how all the Broncos GF's were boring. 2000 had to be the worst.

I didnt think 2004 was that bad, it was exciting the last 20 minutes.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Friggin hell, take the club partisanship out of it and you'll realise that every GF is a wonderful occasion. I can't remember ever nodding off through a gf, except 1985. And I was amid a hangover that lasted 3 days at the time.

I recall 93 being especially lacklusture, however. I wouldn't rate the massive claims on '03, either as a spectacle, bar Sattler's tackle and Priddis' dummy half pass.

I didn't mind 00 - a tight game with ruthless defence by Brisbane, and young Phillips having a wonderful kamikaze display at fullback. His efforts in Chooks GF's have been highlights of the last decade.

Mostly I'm left a little disheartened because I'm cheering the underdog. Still, they game is always special. It's like watching a boring Origin - the sense of occasion stll makes it special.

Face it, it's the game that forever defines the seson.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Mostly I'm left a little disheartened because I'm cheering the underdog.

since 1994 it has been fav/outsider/fav/outsider etc (as far as betting is concerned)
Last yr was the fav, so this yr will be the outsider....should make you happy