What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

St Tangles

Bench
I just seen the "360" recording on facebook of the team song after the win.
I rotated the camera on Leilua to see his body language, iv never seen anyone look so disinterested in participating in my life.
Even Rein, who is gone, got up and really got into it.
Leilua looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in that dressing room.
Sad to see.
He was signing along with passion with the 20's tonight.
I think the main one singing was Blake Lawrie and he belts it out pretty well.
Wether he stays or not I probably put this one down to being young and shy.

SaintHarry

Juniors
How about an NRL licence? Dump Illawarra and say goodbye to your NRL team, because there is no chance the NRL give another licence to a purely Sydney team.

So is it the nrl or the illawarra the has the licence? Exactly.. also that statement is incorrect the nrl is only interested in either side of the merger who can field a team and as far as i know st.george has more of a supporter base plus an actual team ... who do illawarra have ? Paul McGregor thats who. and no one wants him .. all illawarra have been is a monkey on our back before the merger we were making the finals basically every year not to mention 11 premierships in a row .. go cry to bruce gordon mate.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
How about an NRL licence? Dump Illawarra and say goodbye to your NRL team, because there is no chance the NRL give another licence to a purely Sydney team.
I didn't realize Illawarra held the license - did they underwrite that license with their leagues club (ah no), with their assets (ah no), with their supporter base (ah no), with a donkey head coach (YES sir).

Time Illawarra either sh*ts or gets off the pot

So is it the nrl or the illawarra the has the licence? Exactly.. also that statement is incorrect the nrl is only interested in either side of the merger who can field a team and as far as i know st.george has more of a supporter base plus an actual team ... who do illawarra have ? Paul McGregor thats who. and no one wants him .. all illawarra have been is a monkey on our back before the merger we were making the finals basically every year not to mention 11 premierships in a row .. go cry to bruce gordon mate.
So enlighten us to why the Dragons decided on amerger.

If what you say is true and the Illawarra is a monkey on the back of the club why persist with a merger this long when they didn't need to.

How the f**k was the Illawarra an issue before the merger why because it stopped the Dragons raiding the south coast for its players.

The Dragons barely play at Jubilee, Leagues club is f**ked by one of their own in Robison, Junior base what junior base they struggle in HM and SG Ball every year.

The Steelers had major issues thats why then went into it and well the Dragons could have merged with the Roosters and the Steelers with either Cronulla or Wests.

The NRL don't want to lose a junior area like the South coast to any other sport like AFL, Union or Soccer its as simple as that.

Oh and Gordon he may just help the club out its not like Doust is doing a job to help.

Oh the NRL basically owns the club with how much they owe the NRL.

If i was Gordon i would not put anymore of my money into the place till the entire board is gone they are the biggest issue the club has.

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh the NRL basically owns the club with how much they owe the NRL.

If i was Gordon i would not put anymore of my money into the place till the entire board is gone they are the biggest issue the club has.

Pretty sure that will be on the agenda , IF , the takeover eventuates . Without getting back onto the Bruce Gordon thing again , he is the only one that is prepared to invest in the Joint Venture .

Love him , or hate him , I cannot see any other multi - millionaire putting their hand up to invest in the team , and by so doing actually save it from oblivion .

fedzy

Juniors
from what was reported Gordon joining simply pays the NRL back and guarantees the gong home games.

What is going to change the mis management and loss making business.
More games away from Jubos is the only avenue to move. Sure Gordon will bring some business skills, but where does the revenue come from, The Club puts in 500k. salary cap is on players, membership is static so ?????.

those that said his media company will get to show games, no Nine own the rights, so if they are to be shown on win he needs to pay for them

What it does is it opens up for him in a few years to buy the other 50% as the losses continue and then he can do what he wants.

I see it as a lot of pain to come if the board sit on there hands.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
from what was reported Gordon joining simply pays the NRL back and guarantees the gong home games.

What is going to change the mis management and loss making business.
More games away from Jubos is the only avenue to move. Sure Gordon will bring some business skills, but where does the revenue come from, The Club puts in 500k. salary cap is on players, membership is static so ?????.

those that said his media company will get to show games, no Nine own the rights, so if they are to be shown on win he needs to pay for them

What it does is it opens up for him in a few years to buy the other 50% as the losses continue and then he can do what he wants.

I see it as a lot of pain to come if the board sit on there hands.
What a negative post.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
So enlighten us to why the Dragons decided on amerger.

If what you say is true and the Illawarra is a monkey on the back of the club why persist with a merger this long when they didn't need to.

How the f**k was the Illawarra an issue before the merger why because it stopped the Dragons raiding the south coast for its players.

The Dragons barely play at Jubilee, Leagues club is f**ked by one of their own in Robison, Junior base what junior base they struggle in HM and SG Ball every year.

The Steelers had major issues thats why then went into it and well the Dragons could have merged with the Roosters and the Steelers with either Cronulla or Wests.

The NRL don't want to lose a junior area like the South coast to any other sport like AFL, Union or Soccer its as simple as that.

Oh and Gordon he may just help the club out its not like Doust is doing a job to help.
I beg to differ.The Leagues Club is not F....cked and has a strong balance sheet.Get your fact right before you make a half cocked statement.

I beg to differ.The Leagues Club is not F....cked and has a strong balance sheet.Get your fact right before you make a half cocked statement.
Half cocked well I got this from some one who actually worked at the leagues club.

I'll let them know they are full of shit on your behalf.

Latest posts