What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

borat

Bench
Millward has said that they are very confident Leilua will re-sign. Have been working through the contract with his parents for some time. Sounds promising

borat

Bench
And what about the news today the Sharks are keen?
So.......I would hope the Sharks are interested as he is a quality player.

You have a first hand account of how contract negotiations are going with the club vs a rumour from the same press that reported Gillet was signing with the Dragons.

I can never take a press rumour seriously again knowing all it takes is for Ben Hunt to make up a rumour to his manager.

grouch

First Grade
So.......I would hope the Sharks are interested as he is a quality player.

You have a first hand account of how contract negotiations are going with the club vs a rumour from the same press that reported Gillet was signing with the Dragons.

I can never take a press rumour seriously again knowing all it takes is for Ben Hunt to make up a rumour to his manager.
Yeah, and everything our club says is 100% trustworthy

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2014/09/16/club_update_brett_morris.html

borat

Bench
Do you really want to take score of club statements vs media rumours for accuracy?

The kid hasn't signed yet and until he does I won't count my chickens, but people were concluding he was gone due to no word from the club and now they have one

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
The kid hasn't signed yet and until he does I count my chickens, but people were concluding he was gone due to no word from the club and now they have one

In this rare case I'm going to reluctantly defend the club on their silence on this issue - they're damned if they do and damned if they don't comment on it. I'd love for him to stay but rational people have to acknowledge that there's 2 parties involved in this and they can't hold a gun to his head and make him sign. To have let it get to so late a stage is the only damning thing - they should have known ages ago if he was a keeper or not. Its the same inept planning which leaves us at the end of 2016 with no halfback or hooker.
And if you were a young kid with the world at your feet, and only 10 -12 years maximum to set yourself up for life, would you want to waste 2 or 3 years of your career at a club which seems to be dying a very slow and painful death? Or would you give thought to how Jack Bird was playing State Of Origin in your second year of the NRL after moving to a better club?

MilanDragon

Juniors
And what about the news today the Sharks are keen?

That's a good thing. Means that nothing is signed with the Bulldogs, down side is it means nothing is signed with us.

Personally I think the club has done the right thing by not commenting during the negotiations. What can you say? "We are negotiating for x amount for x dollars" - plus being a young guy they probably want it out of the media as much as possible.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I bet he has signed with the Dogs but the 10 day cooling off period is not over yet hence no announcement. Which means Saints have the 10 days to try and get it over the line not wait forever and put in a counter offer he can't refuse.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have just come in from feeding the hogs , turned the tele. on to ABC country , to hear that " the dragons have good news for their supporters " . I was of course expecting to hear the re-signing of Luciano Lielua .

However it was the announcement of Nene MacDonald .
I am so pussed-off that Iam now putting my steel-cap boots back on , and going back out to kick some hogs asse .

dragon4

Juniors
LOL......a George Rose look alike alright......on first impressions, I'm not sure what the hype is all about.

I hope I'm wrong.....but I didn't see much last night to excite me.

Yes, he's big, but looked over bulked and slow......suppose time will tell.

Latest posts