What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua to Dogs

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Numbers and source please.
Maybe name your source first mate ?
For what it's worth, I'll have a guesstimate:
Ikahififo - $100k Max. but seeing as he has departed, probably only 2/3rds paid.
Marketo - $100-115k
Quinlan - $80-85k
Most NRL players crack the $100k mark but they're not all on big money as Possm's list alludes to.
Cooper, Marshall and Reins quoted figures in that list are incorrect - no sources named :)

Maybe name your source first mate ?
For what it's worth, I'll have a guesstimate:
Ikahififo - $100k Max. but seeing as he has departed, probably only 2/3rds paid.
Marketo - $100-115k
Quinlan - $80-85k
Most NRL players crack the $100k mark but they're not all on big money as Possm's list alludes to.
Cooper, Marshall and Reins quoted figures in that list are incorrect - no sources named :)

Ok. That's well within what I would have thought was reasonable. Thanks.

Possm's point stands though. There's money coming available and seemingly very little to spend it on.

Ohhh, and no source here. I'm basing 80k on value or what I would typically expect players in the bottom few of the 25 to be worth. Though in fairness Marketo has lined up for most of the season and, agree with selections or not, probably deserves a bit more than minimum in my books.

Sigurd

Juniors
Ok. That's well within what I would have thought was reasonable. Thanks.

Possm's point stands though. There's money coming available and seemingly very little to spend it on.

Manly, GC, Melbourne and Souffs have a lot of money tied up into only 1 or 2 players. Raid them for their best young players coming through but only on 2 year deals in case they turn out to be duds.

The Warriors have a ridiculous number of good players coming through the grades.

The Doc

Juniors
Mole was today asked about him daying luch going to the dogs and he replied with "things can change"
The thing with the mole and the lurker etc etc is if you listen closely or read closely you will hear / see the word "rumoured".
They then go on and on about how fans will react and continue as if its a fact and when its proven false they fall back on the word "rumoured".
I read an article on rugby league week online, it came across as if Leilua has signed and we fans should be disappointed etc etc... yet in the first paragraph it said rumoured.
Alot on here went into meltdown over that article, but still to this day nothing has happened and that article falls back on the word "rumoured".
Theres alot of speculation at the moment with big Luc, and untill a club comes up and says he has officially signed, everything about his future is just that, speculation.

Turk

Juniors
Why is it taking so long to resign this kid. Just make him an offer he can't refuse we got the cap space. I remember the negotiations with Jack Bird dragged on like this and we lost him. Dragons have no problems offering overs for players that come from outside our club e.g dugan and widdop but when it comes to our own we dont want to pay up. If we lose Luciano and end up paying big money for Trex im going to lose it.

possm

Coach
It's not rhe Club and I'm sure it's not the money that is holding things back. It has to be the coach's ability in question.

The Doc

Juniors
Very incorrect statement. The coach is not an issue.... Leilua has no issue with mary.
The issue is the $$ and duration.

TruSaint

Referee
Very incorrect statement. The coach is not an issue.... Leilua has no issue with mary.
The issue is the $$ and duration.

Actually Doc you are 90% right. From what i know its any late TPA's. Our offer under the cap is as good and better.

The Doc

Juniors
The money from the dogs only trumps our offer because of TPAs.
Big Luc needs to realise this extra money is not gaurenteed.
But young boys will be young boys, they hear dollars mentioned and they get happy.
Remember Fifitas deal with the dogs?
They offered him 850k, but only 500k gaurenteed... the other 350k was TPAs.
He rejected it.
Lets hope Big Luc comes to his sences!
He was pushing for a 4 year deal from what i was told. Now he wants 3 years. We, and the dogs also, have tabled 2 year deals.
Me personally, id give the kid 3 years.
His parents have been getting into talks with a few clubs, ill tell you why, not because they want a better coach, far from it, its to up his price.
The problem here is CEOs are not stupid. They will catch on and push his asking price through the roof just for fun.
Everyone else pulls away there offers, and that club is the last one standing, reduces its offer, and gets a bargain.
From what iv been told he will resign with us, its just adding that extra year and maybe bumping up the $$$ slightly. But it looks like it will be done soon.

Latest posts