What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get too know everyone a little better

yy_cheng

Coach
Ok,
I had a pretty normal childhood. Lived close to the bush so spent a lot of time exploring and grew a love of the outdoors from there.
Married at 21 and have three great kids. My son goes pretty good a RL, won a few awards, he's much better than I ever was. My oldest daughter is going great guns at Uni and my middle daughter is going well at TAFE.
I started work as a tradie but moved into law enforcement about 17 years ago and have been with it ever since. Have been involved in some pretty big matters that some of you would have seen on the TV.
In 2008 I was involved in a terrible tragedy and it knocked me about for a long time. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and suffer from it still today. Its a battle sometimes. I can now understand I will never be the same as I was before, and that there is nothing I can do about that. Thats another step forward for me.
I have since re married to a lovely women who holds a job close to the highest office in the land, so I'm very proud of her.
I enjoy hiking, going to the gym, bootcamp, coaching my sons RL team, holidaying and reading a good book when I have the time.

Is your surname Bishop?

lingard

Coach
Ok,
I had a pretty normal childhood. Lived close to the bush so spent a lot of time exploring and grew a love of the outdoors from there.
Married at 21 and have three great kids. My son goes pretty good a RL, won a few awards, he's much better than I ever was. My oldest daughter is going great guns at Uni and my middle daughter is going well at TAFE.
I started work as a tradie but moved into law enforcement about 17 years ago and have been with it ever since. Have been involved in some pretty big matters that some of you would have seen on the TV.
In 2008 I was involved in a terrible tragedy and it knocked me about for a long time. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and severe depression, still suffer from it today. Its a battle sometimes. I can now understand I will never be the same as I was before, and that there is nothing I can do about that. Thats another step forward for me.
I have since re married to a lovely women who holds a job close to the highest office in the land, so I'm very proud of her.
I enjoy hiking, going to the gym, bootcamp, coaching my sons RL team, holidaying and reading a good book when I have the time.

Good on you, mate. I think the most important thing with any long-term debilitating condition is to accept that you will probably never be 100% cured, and to make the most of the maybe 80% or so. Mind you, I imagine that some days you probably are 100%. It's all relative, eh?

Parra47

Juniors
Good on you, mate. I think the most important thing with any long-term debilitating condition is to accept that you will probably never be 100% cured, and to make the most of the maybe 80% or so. Mind you, I imagine that some days you probably are 100%. It's all relative, eh?

Thanks mate. No never 100%, but I now accept that. But you are right, you have to make the most of what you have and LIVE your life. I'm a long way from where I was at my lowest. I'm grateful for that. I'm lucky to have a lovely home and a great family, so I know in some ways I am blessed.

Last edited:

Parra47

Juniors
No. You said your wife hold close to the highest office in the land.

Unless you are prince Philip otherwise I'm guessing you're Julie bishops hubby

Sorry mate, maybe I did not word that very well, my wife's job is very close to the person who holds the highest office in the land.

Avenger

Immortal
Ok,
In 2008 I was involved in a terrible tragedy and it knocked me about for a long time. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and severe depression, still suffer from it today.

I'm assuming you are a Statie. Cannot see the Feds getting depressed about anything.

Many of my mates have PTSD. It's an awful condition. Were you tempted to go out HOD? Pity that Mortgage buster is no longer around for genuine people. Plenty of bullshit artists took advantage of it, destroying for the legitimate people. That's my suspicion anyway. ;-)

lingard

Coach
Murray Brothers now theres a memory.
I attended Marist Brothers Parramatta. Hated those bastards. Got hit most days.
The bus to school use to travel the length of Church Street past Harry Baths Pub. Anyone remember the sign on top "Baths Beer Builds Better Footballers".
Memories a plenty.
Am also a product of 1955 Ivor.

1955 was a good year. My first job was as a paper boy when I was in second form. Used to go round to all the offices in Parra selling papers (The Sun and the Daily Mirror). I'd push this metal trolley full of papers around the streets of Parra and end up each afternoon walking through the Albion Hotel shouting "Paper! Paper!" I got a lot of tips there.
I also remember a shop called the 'In-Shop' in Church Street. It was a trendy clothes shop. When I was 15 years old my mother bought me my first pair of flared pants (dark green), a lemon-coloured wide-lapel shirt, a cravat, and a pair of slightly-platformed shoes. I thought I was a bloody rock-star! Do you remember Amco and Leisure Master jeans? Aywon pants? Amoco garages? Tuppenny bungers? Man From Uncle bubble-gum cards? The Samurai and the Phantom Agents on telly? The old Cumberland Oval with Rex Mossop sitting in his little booth calling the game for television? Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days. Whereabouts in Parramatta did you live?

Parra47

Juniors
I'm assuming you are a Statie. Cannot see the Feds getting depressed about anything.

Many of my mates have PTSD. It's an awful condition. Were you tempted to go out HOD? Pity that Mortgage buster is no longer around for genuine people. Plenty of bullshit artists took advantage of it, destroying for the legitimate people. That's my suspicion anyway. ;-)

Your spot on with your suspicions and assumptions. Yes I was tempted re HOD, but its not my go, as long as I can keep going if you understand what I mean. There may come a day when I can't do it anymore, but that day is not today;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
nice to hear mate

Thanks, mate.

It's tough, but it helps to accept myself for who I am - I used to get so anxious because I am socially awkward (to the point of being scared of meeting new people - I'm still terrified of meeting new people) and because I didn't go out to party and have fun.

But it's not really in me. And once I came to terms with it, it was easier.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok,
In 2008 I was involved in a terrible tragedy and it knocked me about for a long time. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and severe depression, still suffer from it today. Its a battle sometimes. I can now understand I will never be the same as I was before, and that there is nothing I can do about that. Thats another step forward for me.

For what it's worth, you seem to be very strong and doing very well.

Good on you, brother.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I am really enjoying reading all about you guys. I can picture you all a little better now. Keep them coming! :)

I agree.

It's really cool to read about you guys.

Despite not having met you guys in person, you seem like awesome people, abd getting to know you all better is awesome.

Avenger

Immortal
Your spot on with your suspicions and assumptions. Yes I was tempted re HOD, but its not my go, as long as I can keep going if you understand what I mean. There may come a day when I can't do it anymore, but that day is not today;-)

Good for you. They will expect you to work until 70. Unlike those pre '88ers. ;-)

Last edited: