What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets get too know everyone a little better

yy_cheng

Coach
been trying to do that myself actually, but i always awake and thump the bed, any tips?

Nope. I just remember thinking about a ladder and I am climbing out of the room. It was about 10 years ago when I tried it.

I think Casper might be into it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Nope. I just remember thinking about a ladder and I am climbing out of the room. It was about 10 years ago when I tried it.

I think Casper might be into it.

something i really want to delve into more...anyone with tips let me know

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Turned 58 last month. First 4.5 years (1957-1961) grew up in Edgecliff Road Woollahra. Became very well known in the region for breaking out of home only to come back later with heaps and heaps of dogs. Even catched the bus a few times until I ended up in Darlinghurst Police Station where Mum would finally collect me. Was sexually abused many times during the last two years. Mum is Greek Cypriot & deceased dad was Greek. Have younger sister and brother living in outskirts of Brisbane. Dad was involved in the United Nations - went to war in Korea.

From 4.5 until 11, family moved to a large mixed business on Victoria Road Rydalmere. Went to Rydalmere Public School and first term at Macquarie Boys High. Due to juke box, pinball machines and pool tables in the shop, grew up with the British Music Invasion, American and Aussie Music, etc, etc. Deeply loved the music from mid 1965 to 1969. Became very good at snooker. As a ten year old was consistently beating highly skilled players 20 years older than me. Was not interested in going all-the-way - many were pushing me to go down that road. Have not played for over 30 years now.

Dad introduced me to Ron Lynch who lived close by and through Dad and Ron got to know Ken and Dick Thornett and many other Parra players. Ken and Ron were my idols/heroes. Went to many games @ Cumberland and to the SCG and the old Sports Ground. When I was allowed to play sports outside of school, played cricket and RL. Mostly worked in parents business which was always very busy 7 days per week.

From 11 to 16, parents again separated and Mum purchased a home in Waverley/Bronte for $12k. Went to Dover Boys High, then Waverley College as a day boy where I got expelled (down-the-line repercussions for nearly killing a brother who tried to sexually abuse me). Then went to Randwick North until I left school @ 15 to become an apprentice butcher.

When 11 (1969) next door neighbours introduced me to the Doors, the Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Cat Stevens, Chicken George/Little Feat, Genesis, Jethro Tull........ heaps and heaps of awesome overseas bands/artists and with my elder cousin and friends living close by, they introduced me to all other types of music including some of the above and for 5 years used to break in to heaps and heaps of live concerts @ the Showground, Hordern Pavillion, Randwick Racecourse, etc, saw heaps of world class acts, Led Zep, Sabbath, etc, etc, etc, including others like T-Rex, Osibisa, Santana, heroin filled Eric Clapton doing the Ocean Boulevard tour (awful live concert) Gary Glitter, Adam Ant. When 13 next door neighbours introduced me to pot and lsd when I was 15 (gave it all up when I turned 21).

From 16 onwards went through heaps of different jobs until I travelled and got involved in alternative community lifestyles between 1978-1981 and witnessed so many disasters of mostly good people unable to work together long-term.

1976-78 put a band together and was given keys to the old Horseshoe theatre on Oxford Street Woollahra opposite Centennial Park where we rehearsed and put on private shows/jam sessions, always with lots of drugs and plenty of girls and Neville Wran was our neighbour who I got into a few skirmishes with him. LOLLLLL (say no more - he left us alone for good reasons).

During the 60's, Dad introduced me to Mickey Rooney and I went gambling with him when he was in Australia. Met many other International Stars through Mickey back then. Dad had racehorses, trotters and greyhounds and I was good at picking winners. Made money which parents kept and used. Never saw any of it when I got older. Used to collect coke bottles to hand in for cash to be used for gambling. One night at the trots Harold Park, made over $4000.00 from the few $ made from finding coke bottles. Dad and Mickey did my bidding. Mum took the dosh and never saw any of it again. As I got older, 13-15 never gambled again, was not interested.

1981 created a second band and our first major gig was in front of up to 30,000 people opening a weekend festival called Tanelorn outside of Newcastle with Santana's Keith Casey playing percussion, Johhny Didge on didge and other guitsrists, bass player and drummer performing original rock fusion music I made happen and which had agents clamouring for us to go overseas with contracts thrown at us left, right and centre. But the group disbanded and in hindsight am very glad we did that. Bands like INXS, Midnight Oil and even Rodrigues played after us.

1982-1986 got into Rudolph Steiner education working with children and mostly with the severely disabled. Then got into business late 1986 to 2005 to make the millions only for Macquarie Bank to steal our primary assets and destroyed our two business cash flows forcing us close to destitution and poverty, thus began Love For Life and we never went to our extended Greek family connections for help (even when they came to help we said no). We wanted to go it all alone, especially after all the death threats started rolling in. Best thing we ever did.

From there, all the Love For Life insights unfolded, more than 330 million unique browsers/ip addresses have visited our insight work.

Then came the growing home recording studio which has grown twice the size since I last mentioned it in this forum. Slow as it is, have turned myself into a recording engineer and song-writer/producer/arranger and with my partner assisting with lyrics.

With creating a large food forest vege garden have gone through a huge healing (with partner too) and have been helping the youth for free to overcome suicide, etc, many of them having to live with us to really help them. We became raw-living food eaters 8 years ago - best thing we ever did - we have hundreds of awesome recipes, we grow most of the foods and create most of the recipes, with other Love For Life supporters of Kindom.

A large movement is unfolding across Earth now to co-create Kindoms and this is our primary focus.

We have 4 daughters 16, 14, 11, 8 and love them deeply.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Thanks Casper. A good read. Such a full and interesting life. Would be great to have a natter and beer with you. Not sure id like vegetable beer though.
I loved the old Sports Ground. I was there the day Ken Thornett retired the first time and those bloody refs disallowed him a try for a bounced ball. I recall heaps of Parra supporters waiting outside the dressing sheds to see their hero one last time. Great memories.
Good on ya and thanks for sharing.

carson

Juniors
Born in 1973 and raised on a dairy farm in Tregeagle. Small place that most people have never heard of. There was only 25 kids in my whole primary school...it was that small. Started following Parramatta by accident, local Fossies had a sale of fleecy jumpers and I wanted the blue and yellow one with the big snake on it. My dad and brother were mortified as we were a St George family.

Went to Lismore High and then did a business degree at the UNENR...now called Southern Cross University. Finished my degree in time to experience "the recession we had to have". By this time my dad had sold the farm and we had moved to Ballina. The old farm has now been sub divided and there are mansions built all over it.

Hitchhiked to Perth with a couple of mates in 1994 to get work. Lived in a share house in Nollamara, very nasty area back then, for a first year until I managed a job in early 95 as an accountant. I am now a managing director of a second tier accounting firm in Perth.

I love my music though have no ability to play any instruments. Started with 70s and 80s metal but now love most genres. Was co hosting a rockabilly show on RTRFM for a while.

Hobbies now include cooking, beers with mates in the backyard while listening to music, watching sport at the local while on the punt and horse racing, own a few (keep an eye out for Aspen Star in the 3rd at Wyong on Sunday)...and I am a huge Dr Who fan.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Born in 1955. Went to my first Parra game at Cumberland Oval in 1964. (Parramatta v St George). Been hooked ever since. Went to Parramatta East Primary School and Macquarie Boys' High. I've been working in mental health for years and years and years (although I've had stints as a cab-driver, dairy-farmer and labourer along the way). Currently living on the South Coast with my wife, my son and my Burmese cat. I play the electric guitar (currently a Maton Mastersound 12-string electric) and I'm in a band which I'm going to leave after our next gig because they are a bunch of tossers. I'm writing a novel, too. Well, a novel in 12 parts which will run to about 260 pages. All but finished. I have only about 10 or so pages left, believe it or not, before it's ready to go to an editor and then try my luck at getting it published. It's about two Parramatta police detectives during the 1960's and consists of 12 murder mysteries that overlap and carry on from each other. So it's sort of a novel but not a novel. Like Hollywood Jesus, I don't really care if it never gets published - the fun I've had writing it has been more than worth it. Of course, hey, wouldn't it be nice to see your book on a shelf in a bookstore?
Apart from all that, I don't like people much (that's not really true - but sometimes humans really shit me); don't have a lot of friends but do have some; I can be a really nice guy but I have an uneven temperament which turns some people off. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs (I used to, but). Big-time! As I've gotten older I've become more rebellious, anarchistic, etc. My 18 yr old son thinks I'm a really straight, conservative dude - one day I might tell him about the real me. Of course I like '60's and '70's psychedelic rock/pop, but I also love classical, Jazz (John Coltrane is my favourite); punk-rock - and more lately, The Church, The Smiths, etc.
My favourite movies are: The Maltese Falcon; The Big Sleep; Rocky; Gallipoli and Alien.

Eelogical

Referee
A few Rydalmere/Dundas old boys here. I went to MBHS when it was a free range prison. I was born in Lismore then thrown into Sydney life back in '69. Cultural shock for me, Dundas Primary in 6th grade then off to MBHS. I hated that place, but made some friends all the same. I used to work all day on Saturdays to earn 5 bucks delivering Dales soft drinks to the Dundas Valley residents. I would have eaten at Caspers I reckon. I also spent a heap of time at the Family Hotel, especially when the bands were playing. Always remember having to buy a meal ticket beforehand to watch the bands.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Hey, Casper, when I was at Parramatta East Primary School we use to play footy against Rydalmere Central (I think it was). Was that your school? I'm almost two years older than you, so I doubt I would have played against you. Also, I remember when decimal currency first came in a mate and I used to get two cent pieces and bash them down with a hammer til they were roughly the same size as a shilling. Then we'd put them in a coke machine at the local garage in Parramatta and get a bottle of coke (which I think was about 8 cents). So we'd get two cents change, drink the coke and then get a 3 cent refund on the bottle. Didn't gamble the proceeds, though. Also, when I was in high school we used to go to Murray Brothers and Grace Brothers and try pairs of Amco and Leisuremaster jeans on in the change rooms. We'd take two pairs in with us, put one pair on under the pants we already had on, and then put the other pair back and walk out with two pairs of pants on. Then we'd sell them at school.
Pretty unsavoury, eh? Also, thanks for sharing your sexual abuse background and good on you for making such a success of your life afterwards. Must have been very tough at times. I've never been sexually abused. I came from a pretty horrendous domestic violence background which - although nowhere near as impacting as sexual abuse - has a similar kind of dynamic to it in some ways.
Also, do you remember all the bands that used to play at the family hotel in the 70's/80's? I used to go there a lot.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Murray Brothers now theres a memory.
I attended Marist Brothers Parramatta. Hated those bastards. Got hit most days.
The bus to school use to travel the length of Church Street past Harry Baths Pub. Anyone remember the sign on top "Baths Beer Builds Better Footballers".
Memories a plenty.
Am also a product of 1955 Ivor.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
A few Rydalmere/Dundas old boys here. I went to MBHS when it was a free range prison. I was born in Lismore then thrown into Sydney life back in '69. Cultural shock for me, Dundas Primary in 6th grade then off to MBHS. I hated that place, but made some friends all the same. I used to work all day on Saturdays to earn 5 bucks delivering Dales soft drinks to the Dundas Valley residents. I would have eaten at Caspers I reckon. I also spent a heap of time at the Family Hotel, especially when the bands were playing. Always remember having to buy a meal ticket beforehand to watch the bands.

One of many old stomping grounds.

I was a product of Parra Marist too

TheParraboy

Staff member
My favourite movie is Shawshank Redemption and I am currently watching The Bachelor finale..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Born in 1955. Went to my first Parra game at Cumberland Oval in 1964. (Parramatta v St George). Been hooked ever since. Went to Parramatta East Primary School and Macquarie Boys' High. I've been working in mental health for years and years and years (although I've had stints as a cab-driver, dairy-farmer and labourer along the way). Currently living on the South Coast with my wife, my son and my Burmese cat. I play the electric guitar (currently a Maton Mastersound 12-string electric) and I'm in a band which I'm going to leave after our next gig because they are a bunch of tossers. I'm writing a novel, too. Well, a novel in 12 parts which will run to about 260 pages. All but finished. I have only about 10 or so pages left, believe it or not, before it's ready to go to an editor and then try my luck at getting it published. It's about two Parramatta police detectives during the 1960's and consists of 12 murder mysteries that overlap and carry on from each other. So it's sort of a novel but not a novel. Like Hollywood Jesus, I don't really care if it never gets published - the fun I've had writing it has been more than worth it. Of course, hey, wouldn't it be nice to see your book on a shelf in a bookstore?
Apart from all that, I don't like people much (that's not really true - but sometimes humans really shit me); don't have a lot of friends but do have some; I can be a really nice guy but I have an uneven temperament which turns some people off. I don't drink, smoke or take drugs (I used to, but). Big-time! As I've gotten older I've become more rebellious, anarchistic, etc. My 18 yr old son thinks I'm a really straight, conservative dude - one day I might tell him about the real me. Of course I like '60's and '70's psychedelic rock/pop, but I also love classical, Jazz (John Coltrane is my favourite); punk-rock - and more lately, The Church, The Smiths, etc.
My favourite movies are: The Maltese Falcon; The Big Sleep; Rocky; Gallipoli and Alien.

Gee the South Coast is a great place. In the gong / Nowra region ? Or further down?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Born in Baulkham Hills in '85, my family moved to The Netherlands when I was 5 because of my dad's job (he workedfor a pharmaceutical company).

We lived there for 18 months and then moved to Chile; after 4 years in Chile, we moved to Finland; after 18 months in Helsinki, we moved to Barcelona; and in 2000, after 11 years abroad, we returned to Sydney.

Both my parents were born in Chile; mum has Slovenian blood and dad has Croatian blood (but I identify with neither).

Was bullied a lot growing up, partially because I couldn't speak Spanish in Chile (until I learned the language).

Was always a good student, particularly in maths, English and science.

I was going to get into medical research after school, but after my parents' marriage broke down, I lost interest in studying - but I do not blame them. They were very supportive of me.

Played rugby league as a prop, before a hyperextended neck ruined my potential career.

Been battling depression on and off for 10 years.

I'm deathly afraid of spiders - which was never an issue for me until I returned to Australia.

My dad used to tell me stories of Sterling, Price, Cronin, Ella and Kenny, and it gotme curious about league. Upon returning to Australia, I fell in love with the Parramatta Eels.

My dad passed awayin 2011 at age 57.

My dad was the best man I ever knew.

I attended Hills Grammar School (Delta Goodrem was in my grade in Year 10 before she left to pursue her career) and Macquarie University.

I hope to study sonething to move up in the world.

I love tv, videogames, reading and cooking.

I also support the Oakland Raiders, FC Barcelona and the Lakers.