What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets go back to Eastern Suburbs

Do you mean like the top right?

I honestly think the Roosters go back to the 80's logo with minor updates.

Roosters-Logo-Converted1.gif

Its as iconic as the current Dragons, Souths and Parra logos and an overall identity overhaul in this direction would potentially make the brand more appealing non-traditional markets. The jerseys are basically there already, they need a logo to match it.

Yep, top right but if the red border was blue was what I meant but the 80's logo with east Sydney is what I would want. I like the first one you posted.

If you remember the 1975 commemorative jersey that logo would be ace. It wasn't quite the 80's logo and it had no name above it but it was cool.

I've never liked the current logo. Other teams have gone back to the old school and I think we should too. We sorted the jersey out after 15 or so years with a cut off, get the logo right next.

rooster25

Juniors
I can do better than that - thanks to GAZ I can post all four images
Image 1. V design
Image 2. White infill
Image 3. Red border
Image 4. Blue border

Let us know what you think guys

Roosters-Logo-Converted.gif

I love these designs and the others that people have made up. They are so much better than the artifical rooster and sydney roosters design we have at the moment.

I talked to the roosters marketing bloke at the club forum the other night and he is actually completly for going back to putting Easts back into the name as it brings up all sorts of marketing ideas of our past plus getting back into the community again. He said the majority of the club want to go back to being called Easts however the problem is certain board members are against the idea and that the fans are the only way of making them take notice. We should sign a petition and have a vote on these great designs and make the club take notice.

adamkungl

Immortal
I can do better than that - thanks to GAZ I can post all four images
Image 1. V design
Image 2. White infill
Image 3. Red border
Image 4. Blue border

Let us know what you think guys

Roosters-Logo-Converted.gif

omg the top left one...jizzed in my pants.

Whoever designed these, email these to the club!

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't remember doing that, you sure it was me?

Can you do a screen grab and then convert to jpeg?

Tony (Babyface) was quoting me - those are my words and I was talking about your great work :D

Someone should email these designs to the club - after all they're flamin' brilliant. If anyone knows people working at the Roosters marketing dept, then please let us know.

Thanks for the work GAZ - great stuff - seriously.

Lambretta

First Grade
I immediately loved the Blue V and also liked the "Red Border" (bottom left) but the simplicity of the "white infill" (top right) really appeals to me and is growing on me more and more.

It's now second behind the V design imo and could well become my favourite soon.

adamkungl

Immortal
All of those absolutely shit on our current logo.

And would love to see 'East' back in our name, even if it is a compromise with East Sydney.

Valheru

Coach
For me going back to the old logo/design is not that big of a deal although I would like it to happen. Putting “east” in our name is a much bigger priority IMO and I am happy to be called East Sydney as opposed to Eastern Suburbs if that is the compromise.

I would be happy for a compromise with East Sydney but I still don't see why people from Perth should be considered in our name.

East Sydney is the modern name that should have been used instead of Sydney.

I love all of the designs that have been made in this thread but the one here with the white background that just says East Sydney is what we should go to imo

Roosters-Logo-Converted1.gif

I love these designs and the others that people have made up. They are so much better than the artifical rooster and sydney roosters design we have at the moment.

I talked to the roosters marketing bloke at the club forum the other night and he is actually completly for going back to putting Easts back into the name as it brings up all sorts of marketing ideas of our past plus getting back into the community again. He said the majority of the club want to go back to being called Easts however the problem is certain board members are against the idea and that the fans are the only way of making them take notice. We should sign a petition and have a vote on these great designs and make the club take notice.

email Noyce as well and put it out there. I would sign a petition.

We won't be going backwards to Eastern Suburbs or to East Sydney. This comes up every year when we are out of semi final contention. :roll:

adamkungl

Immortal
We won't be going backwards to Eastern Suburbs or to East Sydney. This comes up every year when we are out of semi final contention. :roll:

It comes up every year whether we're winning or not. Our name doesn't reflect what we represent and our logo lacks class.

RoosTah

Juniors
Bump.

I really wish we'd go back to Eastern Suburbs, or Eastern Sydney ... the marketing strategy that saw them change the name attempted to discount almost a century of history and frankly it's irrelevant to brand's ability to grow anyway. How many d-bag Machester United fans do you think there are in the world that don't even know what part of England Manchest is in? A lot... I've met more than a few. What resonates with people is history, and the old Easts logo and name has it. This current 'Sydney Roosters one' has always felt tacky...

The Bulldogs did a good job of their retro rebrand a couple years ago and we should learn from it.

saint.nick

Coach
I remember when the telegraph reported at the beginning of 2010 that Politis wanted a change to the Bondi Roosters :lol: Still better than Sydney Roosters though. You make a good point about Manchester United and it's one I've always pondered; Manchester is definitely not the most worldly of cities, it just comes down to how good your team is on the pitch. Souths and St George didn't need generalised name changes to become two iconic names in Australian sport. 'Easts' IMO is far more effective than 'Sydney'. Who the hell calls the Roosters 'Sydney' anyway?

RoosTah

Juniors
I remember when the telegraph reported at the beginning of 2010 that Politis wanted a change to the Bondi Roosters :lol: Still better than Sydney Roosters though. You make a good point about Manchester United and it's one I've always pondered; Manchester is definitely not the most worldly of cities, it just comes down to how good your team is on the pitch. Souths and St George didn't need generalised name changes to become two iconic names in Australian sport. 'Easts' IMO is far more effective than 'Sydney'. Who the hell calls the Roosters 'Sydney' anyway?

I don't know if I've met a single person that ever has... And that's just it - to the fans the team is, and always has been, 'Easts' for the Eastern Suburbs. It was the Eastern Suburbs that signed Dally Messenger in the game's infancy when he was a Wallaby, dominated the War era and had famous victories in the 1970s when Artie Beetson played for the club. The club built a narrative over 100 years with the name Eastern Suburbs and people just never accepted the cynical and ineffective change.

goodplayer

Juniors
The NRL is already a successful international competition. We have to be Sydney because people on Perth won't know what Easts mean?
Originally Posted by hutch View Post
eastern suburbs of what though? we are meant to be a national competition, you cant just assume eastern suburbs means sydney. we all know what it means, but outsiders wouldnt know what eastern suburbs means.

i like east sydney or eastern sydney roosters. still maintains the 'easts' roots, but a clearer definition of the area they represent!

Who gives a f**k what "outsiders" think?

outsiders are new fans, members, sponsors, merchandise sales, just a thought ;-)