What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets go back to Eastern Suburbs

eastern suburbs of what though? we are meant to be a national competition, you cant just assume eastern suburbs means sydney. we all know what it means, but outsiders wouldnt know what eastern suburbs means.

i like east sydney or eastern sydney roosters. still maintains the 'easts' roots, but a clearer definition of the area they represent!

Who gives a f**k what "outsiders" think?

adamkungl

Immortal
Simplest is the best. It really is a classy logo.

NRL-EST-0.gif

That's awesome. So much better than our current one.

Valheru

Coach
I agree with the East Sydney or Eastern Sydney alternative. It represents the best of both worlds.

1974-75

Juniors
I really believe the club has to revert to its original name Eastern Suburbs. We do not represent all of sydney we represent the Eastern Suburbs of sydney and by being called Sydney they are alienating our own area.

We are a great traditional club that should never forget its history. Its time to go back to our real name. Ever since we became Sydney Roosters has anyone ever heard anyone yell out during a game "go sydney" ???? No. Its always go Easts or Roosters. Although i love the Roosters name i want us to be called after our area like we used to be, Eastern Suburbs or Easts.
Agree. Whether it be EASTERN SUBURBS or EAST SYDNEY - it can't happen quick enough imo.

Big Sam

First Grade
The small pocket of your members in Bay 35 kept chanting "Easts" during the game. Was good to hear that you do want to revert back to your traditional name.

Why don't some of you lobby your club's management to get the name changed?

Out of respect for our only attacking weapon the last few years, i reckon the East Sydney Bombers would be the perfect choice.
Word is coach Smiff may have to face the International war crimes tribunal for instigating some of the worst bombings since Hiroshima, Dresden, and the Gaza Strip. ;-)

rooster25

Juniors
I prefer Eastern suburbs however i can understand that in a national competion and sponsor wise that Sydney needs to be involved in the name. As long as it is accociated with the East then im happy, we would always be called Easts anyway.

East Sydney with that logo with the old rooster crowing and im a happy man. We are a traditional club that has played in every year of the competion, why does our club shy away from our great history.

Lambretta

First Grade
QUOTE=adamkungl;8499858;10595]

jaseemblem2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

GAZF has done his version of this at my request (plus three others) and has changed the name on the top to East Sydney. I only have it as an adobe file or saved in an excel doc or as a pic in an email. None of which seem to post well into forums. I've saved as a word doc too and have tried to save it to facebook so I can link it - but every attempt to bring it to you has failed

If I can ever get any of them working on the web I'll post them here for you to give your feedback

QUOTE=adamkungl;8499858;10595]

jaseemblem2.jpg

GAZF has done his version of this at my request (plus three others) and has changed the name on the top to East Sydney. I only have it as an adobe file or saved in an excel doc or as a pic in an email. None of which seem to post well into forums. I've saved as a word doc too and have tried to save it to facebook so I can link it - but every attempt to bring it to you has failed

If I can ever get any of them working on the web I'll post them here for you to give your feedback[/QUOTE]

Can you do a screen grab and then convert to jpeg?

Lambretta

First Grade
I can do better than that - thanks to GAZ I can post all four images
Image 1. V design
Image 2. White infill
Image 3. Red border
Image 4. Blue border

Let us know what you think guys

Roosters-Logo-Converted.gif

The first one would be pretty good with a red chook IMO.

The last one with a blue then white thin border would probably be my choice, it's reminiscent of the 80's logo which I love.

GAZF

First Grade

If I can ever get any of them working on the web I'll post them here for you to give your feedback

I don't remember doing that, you sure it was me?

Can you do a screen grab and then convert to jpeg?[/QUOTE]

The first one would be pretty good with a red chook IMO.

The last one with a blue then white thin border would probably be my choice, it's reminiscent of the 80's logo which I love.

Do you mean like the top right?

I honestly think the Roosters go back to the 80's logo with minor updates.

Roosters-Logo-Converted1.gif

Its as iconic as the current Dragons, Souths and Parra logos and an overall identity overhaul in this direction would potentially make the brand more appealing non-traditional markets. The jerseys are basically there already, they need a logo to match it.