What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets hope the Game Day Entertainment is better this year.......................

ClintDogg

Juniors
I hope they do alot better than last year.

Playing "Another One Bites the Dust (hellafied techno g'd up remix)" while the players are running out is like The Fat Lady Singing before the game has even started.
(They should try "We Will Rock U", but at least they got the group right)

*Meat Pies, Pepsi Drinks and Chips are $4-50ea and $3-50ea, when I just got back from the Supermarket and got a 6 Pack of 4NTwenty pies for $4-99, Cans of Pepsi are .51c each, how many chips do you get at the corner store compared to a very small cup full?.
(Would the Knights like me 2 do their catering this year, as I would sell these items way cheaper than they do now, probably sell a few more too and make some more money)

*How easy is it to get the Audio in Sync with the Video on the Big Screen?. (Very amateur)

*The "Yobbo" ground announcers need to take a look at the Channel 9 announcers dress sense and stop wearing dirty old white shoes and cloths. (trying to dress "down" like some grunge rock group)

*And I remember one game last year, it was like the kick off, and the ball went dead or there was a try or something that happened in the 1st few seconds of the game, and the stupid ground announcer came on and said "did u know know that you can get good deal and 50% off blah blah blah this week?", Jesus, we don't need that bombarded into our brains all the time, we get it enough thru the game, wake up and recognize the game for gods sake.

This is why they get no crowds at the games.

One good thing was that they got rid of those Fake Tanned and Boobed wannabee cheergirls, but I heard they are coming back (oh no!.).

I've been going to the games, and a foundation member since 1988, and last year was the poorest year so far in its history by far.

Last edited:

Pika

Bench
and the cheer girls......

and the dance academy.....

Better to have nothing than that rubbish.

Karmawave

Bench

HAHA Don't get me started on this! :lol:

Apparently the other day Knights employed telemarketers began calling all former season ticket holders asking why they didn't renew their tickets.

A guy I know basically spent the next few minutes telling them like it is as blunt as one could be. Basically saying how the entertainment sucks, the teams not that good, he didn't like the coach, the food is too expensive, the value for money is sh*t as the match entertainment is a joke, that the club asks for their money earlier and earlier each year and that their marketing and staff are incompetent.

I have to say, even though I am still a season ticket member, I'd have to agree with his sentiments 100%.

Following his rant, AND GET THIS... the KNIGHTS OFFERED HIM HIS $365 SEASON TICKETS FOR $220!!!!

He declined their offer.

So if anyone is thinking about renewing next year, you might just want to hold off until the Knights beg for your business.

It would be interesting to see how all you guys out there who paid full price for your tickets feel about that...

Lame.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
If they have to cut money, first place should be this sort of thing.
I don't watch it anyway.

macavity

Referee
just get the kids out there having a kick around

its free and crowd likes it better anyway

Wel i hope the cheer girls make it back..
Bring back the marching koalas!!!..so they can keep playing the same song over nad over and over again

cram

Bench
Following his rant, AND GET THIS... the KNIGHTS OFFERED HIM HIS $365 SEASON TICKETS FOR $220!!!!

You would have to be happy with this if you have paid full price for you ticket.....:roll:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Get the mini or mod leagues out there during half time.

Really, who gives a rats about the pre and mid game "entertainment"

Karmawave

Bench
Get the mini or mod leagues out there during half time.

Really, who gives a rats about the pre and mid game "entertainment"

Probably the people who used to pay half the price than they do now for season tickets and used to get proper cheerleaders, decent musical performances, local rugby league relays, better quality sound system, and enjoyable match day promotions to go along with supporting a team with countless superstar footballers.

Joker, its also likely the loyal season ticket holders constantly slugged with price increases year to year, who feel pre pubescent cheerleaders, poor quality sound systems, woeful musical performances and the overall matchday ' experience ' gets worse and worse year in , year out while being slugged for more money for their tickets.

As far as I can tell, the Knights used to play 80 minutes back in 1999 as they do in 2009 - but the experience of going to the game just gets worse and worse while paying more and more money.

So what exactly are season ticket holders who pay MORE money than ever actually getting out of it?

Yep, the same amount of footy ( less actually if you take away reserve grade ), and less of everything else.

I think that sums it up really mate.

League_God

Juniors
i work for stadium catering and its a joke. if you all want meat pies, chips chicken, sandwiches etc etc stick around after the game and youll most likely get it for free instead of 4.50.....and just quietly ive heard prices are going up......5 dollar pies anyone?

IanG

Coach
and the cheer girls......

and the dance academy.....

Better to have nothing than that rubbish.

Yes bring back the puppies.

As for the comments about food. Everleigh's Pies will still be getting my patronage.

Pika

Bench
HAHA Don't get me started on this! :lol:

Apparently the other day Knights employed telemarketers began calling all former season ticket holders asking why they didn't renew their tickets.

A guy I know basically spent the next few minutes telling them like it is as blunt as one could be. Basically saying how the entertainment sucks, the teams not that good, he didn't like the coach, the food is too expensive, the value for money is sh*t as the match entertainment is a joke, that the club asks for their money earlier and earlier each year and that their marketing and staff are incompetent.

I have to say, even though I am still a season ticket member, I'd have to agree with his sentiments 100%.

He declined their offer.

So if anyone is thinking about renewing next year, you might just want to hold off until the Knights beg for your business.

It would be interesting to see how all you guys out there who paid full price for your tickets feel about that...

Lame.

Not telemarketers mate, the players have put their hand up to do this.

Karmawave

Bench
Not telemarketers mate, the players have put their hand up to do this.

Oh really?

Do the Knights know their players are offering $365 season tickets for $220 to people who didn't renew then? :lol:

I think it's the ultimate slap in the face to the fans who did renew on time at the full price.

Serc

First Grade
:lol:

The 'guy Karma knows' sounds just like the man himself dare I say...

Anyway if the players have been doing this - then top marks to them for going above and beyond what would normally be expected of them!

Edit: Yes I would imagine they were armed with that info BEFORE they started making phone calls...

Pika

Bench
I doubt the players are just making the prices up.

Seriously, reduction in membership pricing to anything drops when the season is all but started.

The advantages of paying extra mean you get the seat you want and if by miracle they sell out, you have your spot.

Honestly, bargain tickets this close to season start are hardly anything new.