What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about the Canberra Raiders

Noname36

First Grade
Wasn't 2010 supposed to be the year of the Knights now that you'd got rid of the cancer that was Brian Smith and appointed local supercoach Rick Stone?

A few Newcastle supporters may have had a week or two of "happy days ahead!" But as soon as the Wicks/Houston thing happened, we all kinda knew we were f**ked.

The Raider's fans are gonna have a long way to fall though if their "feared" team fail to perform to their expectations once again next year. It's pointless to assume what's going to happen now. In 2010 Parra were supposed to be unbeatable, and Newcastle weren't supposed to win a game. Yet I'm fairly sure Newcastle may have finished ahead of them :crazy:

Can't predict anything this far out...Look at what the Warriors and Panthers have done this year. I don't think many expected them to perform so well.

Dazraider

Juniors
i never rated panthers and still dont and also dont rate dragons to be premiership material as they know how to choke in big games so often

***MH***

Bench
I hope the Raiders find some success out of the finals this year. They need a return of their glory days from the 90's.

mongoose

Coach
Apart from goalkicking I cannot see what Croker provides to a football team. He's worse than Blake Ayshford, and that's saying something.

Croker is not the flashiest young player around but he is deceptively strong and elusive and his defence is very solid. Is he on the same side as Tighe and Purtell? I hope so... he will have a field day.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Is Croker the bloke who was in the number 3 jersey with the headgear? If so, he did a decent impression of a turnstyle on Friday night. He got continually beaten 1-on-1 by Folau, and was caught out of position a number of times as well. I presume he's usually a better defender than this?

bileduct

Coach
Is Croker the bloke who was in the number 3 jersey with the headgear? If so, he did a decent impression of a turnstyle on Friday night.
And unlike Sowards turnstyle performance against the Raiders, it didn't cost his team the game.

Is Croker the bloke who was in the number 3 jersey with the headgear? If so, he did a decent impression of a turnstyle on Friday night. He got continually beaten 1-on-1 by Folau, and was caught out of position a number of times as well. I presume he's usually a better defender than this?

Yet Andrew Voss said Croker came through the Folau test with flying colours.

What game were you watching?

skeepe

Immortal
Jarrod Croker is a fantastic player. Just behind SKD as tge form centre in the NRL, not bad for a 19 year old.

Raider_69

Post Whore
There's that arrogance again. And your one of the decent Raiders fans.

Im not sure whats arrogant about saying the team with the pack we'll have, campo in the halves and dugan on the end of one of the youngest but exciting backlines in the comp will be considered a contender by most other clubs.
We'll be one of many contenders and any contender is a feared team. That's a fact of professional sports. Any team that threatens your chances of success is feared. We'll be one of many in 2011

RSK

Juniors
Honestly, although I clearly want to win, I won't be too disappointed if we lose. 2-3 months ago we were in shambles (People calling for Furners head, the halfback battle, etc), but we've kicked into gear and no matter what I consider this year a success. We've recruited well (and resigned well) and have turned around what was shaping up to be a horrible season.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
For mine I'm happy that Canberra are doing well because we've been so hideous for a decade, even when we made the finals we weren't a genuine chance, it was like the team was just going through the motions. Not that we are a force or anything now but the signs are there that we might challenge for a title soon. I remain humble because when I was a kid supporting the team in the eighties and nineties I thought we were always going to be playing grand finals every couple of years, now that we've been through low times I respect the merits of other teams and their fans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Croker is not the flashiest young player around but he is deceptively strong and elusive and his defence is very solid. Is he on the same side as Tighe and Purtell? I hope so... he will have a field day.

Well Tighe and Purtell aren't on the same side so no. Croker plays left?? He will be on Tighe/Earl. Purtell plays outside Jennings/Lewis I guess it's too hide has useless body

typicalfan

Coach
Croker had great assistance from Campese who is arguably the best defensive 5/8 in the game. Croker found life a litte tough v Folau but Folau has made a tough night for many a centre including guys like Cooper who is one of the best defensive centres in the game.

Latest posts