What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about the Canberra Raiders

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Don't you support the joint venture we always beat. I am pretty sure those players had great games against your lot :D

Booooring.

What does Vidot actually do?

"He works really hard in attack and defence" - Wow. Congrats on trying hard. I think I'll go to Sharks HQ during the offseason and try hard too. Maybe I'll get a contract

He can finish tries? Amazing. He's a winger!

Vidot doesn't compare to the better wingers in the game. He is a very long way away from that, and is an average first grader at best. He can be compared with the likes of Goodwin, Turner, Robertson, McManus etc. These guys can finish tries, but aren't really doing much more.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Why is it so important for St Merge supporters to try and troll Raiders supporters. Is it to give you guys the wins you have struggled with over the last few years. Is every annoyed response from a Raiders supporter supposed to make up for Colin Best smoking Gasnier, Trent Barrett dropping the ball over the line or the Raiders destroying your 2009 season by showing other sides you were a bit soft when roughed up.

Its ok guys. We get beat by the Storm all the time. Although they are salary cap cheats and we are just the lowly Raiders :lol:

Dugan > Boyd.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Mate, I only checked the stats to see whether I was imagining things watching the game (not knowing who the number 3 actually was). I wasn't.

Falou can give lots of centres troubles. That is why Campese was used to shut him down along with Croker. More often than not he is a solid at worst defender.

He has been a bit up and down this year. Its only been over the last few weeks he has started to put in good performances every week. His game against the Cowboys (yeah they are sh*t) was first class.

Not every young player is Josh Dugan in ability to constantly put together game after game at such a high standard. Most young players are up and down. He will come along nicely though. Plus the goal kicking is a bit of a bonus.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Don't let stats fool you. See Pete's post on the previous page.

Mate, I only checked the stats to see whether I was imagining things watching the game (not knowing who the number 3 actually was). I wasn't. Hence why I was asking the question whether he is usually that bad. I suspect not, given that was easily Canberra's worst performance of the last two months.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Why is it so important for St Merge supporters to try and troll Raiders supporters. Is it to give you guys the wins you have struggled with over the last few years. Is every annoyed response from a Raiders supporter supposed to make up for Colin Best smoking Gasnier, Trent Barrett dropping the ball over the line or the Raiders destroying your 2009 season by showing other sides you were a bit soft when roughed up.

Its ok guys. We get beat by the Storm all the time. Although they are salary cap cheats and we are just the lowly Raiders :lol:

Dugan > Boyd.

I don't know. Ask Raiders_Premiers.

Dugan > Boyd.

Good to see that you ignored all my questions about Vidot. It's got nothing to do with it being the Raiders. I couldn't care less what team he plays for. I just think their fans have overrated him, and I'm calling it as I see it - he's an average player at best.

You're the one that's got all personal with an attempt to "troll" by directly claiming one of your players is better than one of ours. Instead of getting so defensive and reading too much into it, why don't you just answer the question? Or are you purposely stalling on an answer simply because you can't think of one?

Truth be told I couldn't care less about the Raiders. They are far from being one of the teams I hate, even despite their record against the Dragons, which hardly bothers me in the slightest. I go intoevery game (at least at home) confident we can win, and playing them before the end of this season if they can make it far enough would be no different

Last edited:
Good to see that you ignored all my questions about Vidot. It's got nothing to do with it being the Raiders. I couldn't care less what team he ays for.I just think their fans have overrated him, and I'm calling it as I see it - he's an average player at best.

:lol: Choke fans never cease to amaze me

0 Premierships, history of choking, a merged club with no soul. Yet still, you're possibly the most arrogant fans in world sport

StormIsBrewing said Vidot has been the best winger in the comp lately. Obviously not a Raiders fan. So we're not overrating him, but i'm actually inclined to agree with him. Vidot will play for QLD in the next couple of years. He's such a natural talent. If you don't agree, you must be hating.

Vidot > Brett "only scores off set plays" Morris.

Big Pete

Referee
Honest question, has Vidot fixed up his hands?

Once he fixes that area of his game up, he'll earn himself a Maroons jersey.

skeepe

Immortal
Honest question, has Vidot fixed up his hands?

Once he fixes that area of his game up, he'll earn himself a Maroons jersey.

He did very well under the high ball against the Broncos. But it has been a problem this season for some reason. He's usually one of the safest pairs of hands under a bomb you could hope for.

He's been a lot better towards the end of the season, but there's still the odd game where he couldn't catch a cold.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
StormIsBrewing said Vidot has been the best winger in the comp lately. Obviously not a Raiders fan. So we're not overrating him, but i'm actually inclined to agree with him. Vidot will play for QLD in the next couple of years. He's such a natural talent. If you don't agree, you must be hating.

Vidot > Brett "only scores off set plays" Morris.

Vidot has been great this year. Morris has it over him defensively though. As for only scoring off set plays, Morris has scored plenty of length of the field efforts.

Vidot is a star in the making though, by the time he stops growing he'll be a massive unit.

hmmm I'm not too sure that Morris is better defensively. Not at all aspects of defense anyway.

I mean could Morris ever in a million years pull off a hit even half as good as the one Vidot put on that dog Ben Rogers? I think not.

Vidot is such a natural talent. He can play fullback and centre as well. I'd like to see him moved to centre next year. I know Wayne Bennett is amazed by his talent.

goosie

Juniors
haha u guys crack me up!!
the raiders will be eliminated sat nite against the panthers no doubt.
not sure if thats a good thing for the panthers though as they get a two week rest.
and they mite be a little sketchy after two week brake. hopefully not though.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
hmmm I'm not too sure that Morris is better defensively. Not at all aspects of defense anyway.

I mean could Morris ever in a million years pull off a hit even half as good as the one Vidot put on that dog Ben Rogers? I think not.

Vidot is such a natural talent. He can play fullback and centre as well. I'd like to see him moved to centre next year. I know Wayne Bennett is amazed by his talent.

Defense is not about big hits, and certainly not on the wing.

Defense is not about big hits, and certainly not on the wing.

I didn't say it was. I said it was an aspect of it. Vidot's got the better technique. Once he moves to centre he'll be belting washed up clowns like Gasnier (or Cooper depending on what side of the field he plays).

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Not going to get cocky yet. The Raiders did brilliantly to get to this stage but the Panthers at CUA won't be a walk in the park.

Might get a little cocky if we win this one because we'll get a home final next week and can't see anyone knocking us over in Canberra.

Latest posts