What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about the Canberra Raiders

D

Deleted member 10972

Going to be a pleasure watching the Raiders next year:

1. Dugan
2. Monaghan
3. Ferguson
4. Croker
5. Vidot
6. Campese
7. McCrone
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Tongue
10. Shillington
11. Harrison
12. Picker
13. Fensom

14. Waddell
15. Thompson
16. Logan
17. Tilse

Thurling, Miller, Galea, Milne, Robinson, Mataora, Low, Buttriss as depth...

typicalfan

Coach

1. Dugan
2. Monaghan
3. Ferguson
4. Croker
5. Vidot
6. Campese
7. McCrone
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Tongue
10. Shillington
11. Harrison
12. Picker
13. Fensom

14. Waddell
15. Thompson
16. Logan
17. Tilse

You need a bit of White mate

franklin2323

Immortal
Purtell would be marking Vidot then.

Yeah that would be the case Especially with his height to mark against Monaghan. With a bit of luck he will stop putting out for ME and get dropped. Or grow a set and put his shoulder in to tackles. Has Anyone seen him shirtless?? Does the bastard have shoulders???

Raider_69

Post Whore
logan is retiring at seasons end, so straight swap for brett white from the team listed above. I think joel thompson starts in the 2nd row with joe picker, trev thurling, danny galea and sam mataora fighting it out for the final bench spot. Josh Miller too.

Last edited:

trev

Juniors
In my opinion, I still take it one week at a time with the Raiders. I know that cliche is used a lot, however, I prefer to be realistic.

Sure, I'm a huge Raiders fan, but I know all too well how disappointed I have been in the past when I have had high expectations of them.

Typically, the Raiders don't do too well up here at Suncorp, and Friday night was no exception. I was actually expecting the Broncos to get the win, and apart from some poor finishing, the Broncos played with a lot more intensity than their previous 3 games. To come within 2 points without Lockyer...that says a lot for how both teams played.

As for this week against the Panthers, it's a matter of which Raiders team turns up. The Raiders team of the past 2 months who has had a good mindset and got on with it, or the Raiders team who gives up when a bad call goes against them and defends a lead rather than extending a lead.

I hope the first Raiders team turns up, because, in my opinion, they need to at least get past this week of the finals to feel a sense of genuine achievement. The last time they made the finals, they played like they were making up the numbers.

Having said all that, I'm happy they have made the finals. I expected them to finish somewhere around 10th with the way they were playing earlier in the season.

adamkungl

Immortal

1. Dugan
2. Monaghan
3. Ferguson
4. Croker
5. Vidot
6. Campese
7. McCrone
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Tongue
10. Shillington
11. Harrison
12. Picker
13. Fensom

14. Waddell
15. Thompson
16. Logan
17. Tilse

Imo they dodged a bullet by missing out on Orford and Kimmorley. McCrone is young and has at times struggled, but he will improve and the other 2 are old hacks well past their best.

Hoping for Raiders to be consistent ALL YEAR next year. Maybe they'll sook less online :sarcasm:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im not sure whats arrogant about saying the team with the pack we'll have, campo in the halves and dugan on the end of one of the youngest but exciting backlines in the comp will be considered a contender by most other clubs.
We'll be one of many contenders and any contender is a feared team. That's a fact of professional sports. Any team that threatens your chances of success is feared. We'll be one of many in 2011

You will be one of the 16 best contenders next year.

This Canberra side, while playing well, is nothing special and wont be next year either.

skeepe

Immortal
You will be one of the 16 best contenders next year.

This Canberra side, while playing well, is nothing special and wont be next year either.

:lol:

Absolutely delusional.

Go back to wanking over your overrated bunch of powder puffs.

mozza91

Coach

1. Dugan
2. Monaghan
3. Ferguson
4. Croker
5. Vidot
6. Campese
7. McCrone
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Tongue
10. Shillington
11. Harrison
12. Picker
13. Fensom

14. Waddell
15. Thompson
16. Logan
17. Tilse

Pretty good side, I'd have Thompson in the centres, Ferguson on the wing and Vidot or Monaghan out.

StormisBrewing

Juniors
Pretty good side, I'd have Thompson in the centres, Ferguson on the wing and Vidot or Monaghan out.
You obviously don't watch many Raiders games, and/or have a grudge against Vidot.

Firstly, Thompson doesn't pass, and honestly, with his skills he doesn't need to. At centre, he plays great individual footy, but he makes his winger completely useless. He needs to be in Jersey #11, where Campese can give him some great service, and also have the option to use him as an effective decoy.

Vidot was quiet early in the season (being outside Thompson...), but still made plenty of metres down the middle. Since Thompson was injured, he's been in brilliant form. Definitely the form winger of the comp over the last 9 rounds.

Monaghan, as useless as he may be, offers experience and leadership.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
leave Vidot out.....that would be utter madness. The work that man does.

If I was to name the Raiders backline Vidot would be the second player picked. He is a superb finisher (the best in the club), he works really really hard in both attack and defence. He snapped Ben Rogers and he appears to back up his talk with action on the field.

What a player.

Last edited:

Latest posts