What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life after Tahu

Eelementary

Post Whore
I reckon you could have a backline consisting of:

1. Hodgson
2. Moodie
3. Buettner
4. Vaealiki
5. Burt
6. Dykes
7. McFadden

And still do reasonably well - provided you have a forward pack that goes forward and controls the match.

Pazza

First Grade
yeah ofcourse, but forward packs aren't the only source of go forward. Utai i think would contribute greatly in terms of making ground and scoring tries. But i wouldnt be disapointed if we didnt get him. Jason Ryles is another player that i think would do well at parramatta

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just want to see us go forward strongly. The rest wil come - guys like Inu, Tony Williams et al will take care of the backline.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Pazza said:
Jason Ryles is another player that i think would do well at parramatta

We already have too many girls in the foward pack without signing Ryles. We need a tough mongrel like O'Meley.

jimmyo

Juniors
The problem with Parra IMHO is that we still haven't replaced J. Lyon and A. Ryan. Tahu was ok, but we need a tough outside back with pace and skill - there aren't many going around. Replacing Ryan isn't as difficult - MoM would do the job and then some.

I've read people saying we're going to be cashed up in '08, so why not consider...
_40821809_williams203.jpg

Pazza

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
We already have too many girls in the foward pack without signing Ryles. We need a tough mongrel like O'Meley.

sure ryles doesnt hit hard in defence but he is always there to cart the ball forward and he does it quite effectively

bartman

Immortal
Eelementary said:
I reckon you could have a backline consisting of:

And still do reasonably well - provided you have a forward pack that goes forward and controls the match.
I think that's the way the game is heading these days. Dominant packs and strong defence almost all the way across the field. Just add in a star playmaker and one decent go to player in the backs to score the tries and you'll pick up the wins.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
shouldn't be any different to life before Tahu

he hasn't single handedly made any difference to our club

Bigfella

Coach
shouldn't be any different to life before Tahu

he hasn't single handedly made any difference to our club

It's true mate.

He was either unavailable, or ineffective, in our major games since signing.

I'm thinking melbourne semi last year and Cowboys final 2005.

He was devastating in the Manly semi, but hardly won us the game.

We will miss his penetration, as we have lost a lot of the games where he and Grother don;t play.

But if we replaced him with forwards who could do that job - we wouldn't necessarily miss him.

And I have often thought that our best possible line up would have him on the wing anyway. He offers us most either getting into dummy half, or finishing tries.

He actually costs us a bit when he plays inside Grothe or Hayne because he isn;t a natural centre.

The coaches were all scared to make a tough decision in that respect I reckon.

I certainly wouldn't leave him out for the season - but Inu would play centre ASAP and Tahu to the wing. If not Inu then Hayne to centre Tahu to wing.

If he shows attitude, it would be straight to reggies.

Eela, can you confirm that he had reached terms last week or are you stirring?

Because my gut feel was that he was so disgusted with Sat night's effort he made up his mind to go (but if that was the case he hasn't watched any Waratahs games this year!).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Eela, can you confirm that he had reached terms last week or are you stirring?

Because my gut feel was that he was so disgusted with Sat night's effort he made up his mind to go (but if that was the case he hasn't watched any Waratahs games this year!).

nah! just stirring mate..

dazeely

First Grade
Pazza said:
Jason Ryles is another player that i think would do well at parramatta

you have to be kidding. easily the most over rated forward running around. i have more ticker in my left toe than him. no thanks

eel01s

Bench
Forget Ryles, we need hard men that are feared by other players, like O'Donnell and O'Meley.