What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lincoln Withers Canberra bound?¿?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Joel i dont wish anything but poor form and a rotten time
Withers was never gonna crack a start here and he left, nothing wrong with that, he dosnt want to come back to the same situation... so what... he isnt good enough for me to care too much for

if he comes back great
if he dosnt, meh, so be it

Kris_man

Bench
yeah i guess so. i'm just happy we've strengthened our backline for next year. if either one of chalk, graham and frawley are playing premier league in round one, i'm gonna chuck a massive spazzo.

greeneyed

First Grade
Withers never did anything here, and he never did anything at any other club either. If he doesn't like us... good riddance.

jed

First Grade
kris_man said:
there's too many softies saying stuff like "i wish withers all the best", or "i wish joel all the best". why do you all feel obliged to be nice to these guys? they're getting hundreds of thousands per season, surely they can live with a bit of criticism - i'd cop it for that kind of dough.

krisman, irrespective of who Joel plays for next year, I wished him all the best (and will continue to do so) because he is a great bloke. And like I've said before, it was his decision to make.

Did you wish Rubes all the best when he had finished playing for us? I honestly couldn't be bothered checking for myself. But a lot of us also wished him all the best, you didn't mention this in your post though.

I'm sorry you feel so emotionally involved in the players' decision making process, but with all due respect, it's their decision to make, not yours.

thickos

First Grade
Is just a ploy to get Tyran a jersey from each club in the NRL? He hasn't donned the red and white yet.... time for him to give that a go :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
thickos said:
Is just a ploy to get Tyran a jersey from each club in the NRL? He hasn't donned the red and white yet.... time for him to give that a go :lol:

sounds like a plan!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
jed said:
krisman, irrespective of who Joel plays for next year, I wished him all the best (and will continue to do so) because he is a great bloke. And like I've said before, it was his decision to make.

Did you wish Rubes all the best when he had finished playing for us? I honestly couldn't be bothered checking for myself. But a lot of us also wished him all the best, you didn't mention this in your post though.

I'm sorry you feel so emotionally involved in the players' decision making process, but with all due respect, it's their decision to make, not yours.
of course i wish big rubes all the best - i gave him a big hug after the Roosters game when he came and greeted us. i absolutely love the bloke. but Joel? he's just not even in the same zip code of legendism that Ruben is.
and on the decision, of course it was his decision, that's why i criticise him! if it was someone else's decision, then there would be nothing to criticise! as i've said before, im a Raiders supporter, not a Joel Monaghan supporter. sometimes when a player does something special over a long period for the Green Machine, like Ruben Wiki, i start to develop a respect and admiration for them too, but at the end of the day, its the team that i care about. whoever plays in the lime green, whoever it is, i'll back to the hills. but once they declare loyalty to a rival club, then its bye bye from me.

jed

First Grade
kris_man said:
of course i wish big rubes all the best
kris_man said:
but once they declare loyalty to a rival club, then its bye bye from me.

Granted, there's no comparing a player of Ruben's calibre with Joel, but my point was that you've made a decision to wish one player all the best who made the decision to leave the club for a different set of opportunities, whereas you've cut another player loose for making a similar decision.

How long would Joel have had to play for us before you would be prepared to wish him well? 5 years? 6 years? 7? 8? 9, 10, 11, 12? The guy made over 60 appearances in the lime green, does that count for nothing? Maybe you make your decision based on the number of times he played for us. 75 matches? 100? 150? 200+?

Kris_man

Bench
jed said:
How long would Joel have had to play for us before you would be prepared to wish him well? 5 years? 6 years? 7? 8? 9, 10, 11, 12? The guy made over 60 appearances in the lime green, does that count for nothing? Maybe you make your decision based on the number of times he played for us. 75 matches? 100? 150? 200+?
173 games*

* = this must encompass a minimum of 8 consecutive seasons.

SOULS 04

Juniors
the reason im annoyed at joel is the way he handled it

i know its a professional sport now but he had us all convinced he was staying and was going to for a long time.... then all of a sudden his mind is changed and he's signed with the roosters.... F**k him

just caus its proffesional at least he could have been honest and said he's weighing up his options from teh start.

Kris_man

Bench
i dont care if he told us he's leaving 5 years ago, i'd still think he's a loser. but we got the last laugh, because he's a crap player. bring on frawley.

greeneyed

First Grade
The CT says that the Canberra Raiders refused to deny that they are negotiating with St George about a possible player trade between the two clubs. St George are reportedly willing to release Lincoln Withers to the Raiders, if the Raiders are prepared to release Tyran Smith to the Dragons. Smith has one year remaining on his contract with the Raiders. Smith said: "I haven't even considered it. I am pretty happy where I am and I'm enjoying myself down there [Canberra} at the moment."

The Raiders wouldn't comment on the rumours, but Simon Hawkins did say: "Lincoln is definitely a very good hooker and a local kid as well. Sometimes it is easier to bring in players who are from the area because it takes a bit of the strangeness away from moving to Canberra."

brenno

Juniors
SOULS04/DEM said:
i really have never liked smith

so much potential but soo many damn mistakes

potential? He's played for about 15 different clubs throughout his career. The potential word hasn't been used in the same sentence with Tryan Smith since about 1996. He's a scrub, get rid of him now Mr Elliott. Where do we sign?

Wobbygong

First Grade
The deal will be done Smith's wife reportedly want's out of Canberra (Sun Herald), and provided Smith joins Saints, Withers will be a raider in 2005!!!!

Kris_man

Bench
oh man, this could go either way. i hope we get withers for smith, that'd be killing two birds with one stone...

raidersfan

Juniors
I really really don't want to get my hopes up for this one otherwise I'll be hugely disapointed just like I was when I thought we were going to get Kite & Thurston. I love withers, he's awsome.

SOULS 04

Juniors
i do think he has had potential
problem is he cant hold a ball

i wanna get rid of him as much as everyone else