What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lismore updates

Preston Campbell is a great player if it's wasn't for Chris Anderson coaching the sharks then preston may have played origin by now.

The Colonel

Immortal
parra-matters said:
Preston Campbell is a great player if it's wasn't for Chris Anderson coaching the sharks then preston may have played origin by now.

Preston is a great player but I don't think he is an Origin half by any means. Could be a good substitute ala Matt Bowen but neither Campbell nor Bowen will have long Origin careers.....

would be great off the bench, 10mins before half time when the forwards are tired.
Anderson moved back to the wing that was a big mistake.

lucablight

First Grade
From what I saw on the news Reddy seemed to get caught out in defence a few times. Can someone post a player ratings report?

Pazza

First Grade
you put on Moi Moi, cannings and Faoso on at the same time. You would expect the titans little men to cause some problems

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
you put on Moi Moi, cannings and Faoso on at the same time. You would expect the titans little men to cause some problems

and that's what appeared to have happened.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Cannings wil have a great year if inury free. I've been waiting 3 years for him to be fit so he better not let me down.

sooperdooper

First Grade
from the sounds of things its a typical trial.... back to the drawing board sounds as though there are a few positives and of course some negatives....

mixed reports thought would love to have a tape of it!

Pazza

First Grade
eelavation said:
and that's what appeared to have happened.

thats why i think its essential to have guys like Ian Hindmarsh and Robinson on the field most of the game. Unfashionable but essential to our defence. There are players you look to when you have the ball ala Tahu, Grothe, hayne and then there are guys you look to when you dont have the ball ala robinson, hindmarsh bros. I think some people in here thing too much about when we got the ball, not when we are without it. Guys like Robo and Ian are essential and i just love em :)

damo72

Juniors
Preston Campbell, fitness and Faáoso were the telling factors in the last 10 minutes. I was lucky enough to be staying next door to Scott Prince's cousin and both Prince and Laffranchi came and had a chat after the game with us back at our hotel. They said the Eels were absolutely out on their feet in the last 15 and just standing back and waiting for them to get to the line. In Faáoso's defence, he really should have been replaced with 15 to go as prior to him getting tired he was playing well. Both sides were pretty poor, the Titans defence was very good but if Prince, Bailey or Campbell are out of the side for any length of time, they will be in trouble as every play revolves around them. As for Parramatta I was disappointed in alot of the boys, Timmy was all too predictable with his kicking and his so called running game that was mentioned earlier in this thread was about 2 runs at 5 metres before getting hammered each time. Finch was good in defence but given time those two could work but in my opinion their numbers should be swapped.

cardinal

Juniors
I don't think our fitness will be a worry if you look at the players Hagan had on in the last 20 minutes in Fa'aosa, Moimoi and Cannings it is obvious he is trying to get some match fitness into those guys. If it were a nrl game where we were trying to graft out a win you might see one of those guys on the field combined with Hindy, Robbo and Ian and there would not be a drama with our defence. All I am hoping for is a glowing report about Finch and Tim from the roosters trial and I think we will be on track for rd 1.

Oky Doky back to the nutral corners boys.

Fare Dink. The amount of speculation going on here is just stupid.

I was there so was Twizzle, and a few others. Now to counter some of the speculation

1) Richard Fa'aosa was fine for 60 minutes of the game, He made a mistake and the talk within the team is he droped his head and then tried to "make up" for the mistake. that would have caused the last 2 errors.

The only Fitness issue I saw for the entire game was Chad Robinson seems to be struggling at the end of his stints, but that only lasted for about 1 set before he was hooked.

Cannings and Moi Moi were on together, I don't think they were both on for the last 20 minutes when the Titans Ran Riot. Most assuredly it wasn't their misses that let us down.

We were own on worst enemy with errors but It is early and I expect handling errors for the next Trial and 5 weeks into the Season.

Brett Finch was fine, the article that said he had a quite game at true, but it was also a solid game. His work in switching the play for the first try was Inspired and his Defence was strong when picked.

I Hindy and Chad Robbo spent most of their time 4 in from the line, Next to them were Tim Smith and Brett Finch Respectivly 3 in sometimes moving to 2nd man in.

Tim was runing to the line alot, and when he stoped doing it he was moved out to 2nd Reciever. While Twizzle maintained the didn't switch alot, I think they did depending on the point of attack.

As Twizzle said though and I agree, Ben Smith Please stop the Shimmy Jink it fools no one and slows you down.

All in all it was a loss but it is a trial and with an extended Bench you have to experiment. In speaking with the club, Mateo will take the "Widders" Spot on his performance, he will be playing as a wide running back rower.

On the performance tonight 1 - 3 5 - 15 (if you include Mateo) look set, the question is who will be the other two. I think Cannings will be one of them and the next one is up in the air, Could be JT or Cordoba, Neither took my Eye to much. Maybe Lowrie but I am not the coach and he wants to look at them one more time in Gosford so get out and see for yourselves people.

A Very tired, but very happy, Mits

Sorry hellys, the benny Shot didn't come out.

But I did get this one for everyones enjoyment, Twizzle and Dot, and Noosa and bill.

Have a good night.

DSC00116.JPG

MarkInTheStands said:
Oky Doky back to the nutral corners boys.

Fare Dink. The amount of speculation going on here is just stupid.

I was there so was Twizzle, and a few others. Now to counter some of the speculation

1) Richard Fa'aosa was fine for 60 minutes of the game, He made a mistake and the talk within the team is he droped his head and then tried to "make up" for the mistake. that would have caused the last 2 errors.

The only Fitness issue I saw for the entire game was Chad Robinson seems to be struggling at the end of his stints, but that only lasted for about 1 set before he was hooked.

Cannings and Moi Moi were on together, I don't think they were both on for the last 20 minutes when the Titans Ran Riot. Most assuredly it wasn't their misses that let us down.

We were own on worst enemy with errors but It is early and I expect handling errors for the next Trial and 5 weeks into the Season.

Brett Finch was fine, the article that said he had a quite game at true, but it was also a solid game. His work in switching the play for the first try was Inspired and his Defence was strong when picked.

I Hindy and Chad Robbo spent most of their time 4 in from the line, Next to them were Tim Smith and Brett Finch Respectivly 3 in sometimes moving to 2nd man in.

Tim was runing to the line alot, and when he stoped doing it he was moved out to 2nd Reciever. While Twizzle maintained the didn't switch alot, I think they did depending on the point of attack.

As Twizzle said though and I agree, Ben Smith Please stop the Shimmy Jink it fools no one and slows you down.

All in all it was a loss but it is a trial and with an extended Bench you have to experiment. In speaking with the club, Mateo will take the "Widders" Spot on his performance, he will be playing as a wide running back rower.

On the performance tonight 1 - 3 5 - 15 (if you include Mateo) look set, the question is who will be the other two. I think Cannings will be one of them and the next one is up in the air, Could be JT or Cordoba, Neither took my Eye to much. Maybe Lowrie but I am not the coach and he wants to look at them one more time in Gosford so get out and see for yourselves people.

A Very tired, but very happy, Mits

Thanks mate, Sounds good about Mateo.

Gronk

Staff member
Having a backrower on the bench capable of tossing a few money balls will be sweet. Just hoping that Hagan has had his lazy bone surgically removed in the off season.

O/T: I heard that Deano went well for the Bunnies on the weekend. Hope he gets a start in the 13 full time over there.

Freak2

Juniors
More than happy with a loss. (As strange as that sounds)

Anyone got any update on Guru? I hope he is fine for R1.

Sounds like our 6 & 7 are still experimenting which scares me to death. We really need these guys playing at their very best.

Looking forward to seeing Mateo as a regular 1st grader this year. He will single handedly win us games!! I'm just hoping he wins us more than he loses for us!!

Any comment on tackle counts. Did Ian seem to do more than his fair share of tackling? or there was no real standouts.

For the people who have commented CHEERS!!

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
Sounds like our 6 & 7 are still experimenting which scares me to death. We really need these guys playing at their very best.

They've only played one game..... hard to see them on fire from the start. It will take some time. The game this weekend should be a better pointer to form given they have blown some cobwebs out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gold Coast 22
Parramatta 10

Forwards Brad Meyer (ankle) and Mark Minichiello (dislocated thumb) are in doubt for the Titans' first home appearance at Carrarra on Friday night but should be fit for the premiership opener with St George Illawarra.

Eels winger Eric Grothe (ankle) should be fit for the opening premiership round and may even play next weekend against the Roosters.

Titans 22 (G Cooper 2, J Webster, S Prince tries; M Rogers 3 goals) bt Parramatta 10 (J Hayne, J Reddy tries; L Burt goal) at Oakes Oval, Lismore. Crowd: 8612.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/c...-is-back/2007/02/25/1172338468442.html?page=2