What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lismore updates

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we were mainly experimental in the last quarter, both Fui and Cannings on, Timmy at 5/8, Mateo in the centres

Preston Campbell got moved from fullback to first receiver,and sometimes dummy half, and he was the difference

Waht ever the Titans paid for him they will get their money's worth as he will win them alot of games

if we had Caylo, Robbo and Hindy on he may not have caved us up as he did, but we'll never know

there was gaps up the middle of our ruck with both Fui and Cannings on at the same time, hopefully we'll learn from that

Twizzle said:
if anyone has any questions, fire away

just a couple of things

Fui: Awesome

Cannings: very stong game in attack

Caylo: solid in the first half, rested for most of t second half

Ian Hindy: reliable workhorse, should give good service of the bench this year

Fa'aso: needs to go back to school and learn how to catch without knocking on and tackle without giving away penalties.

Lowrie: I dont know why we bought him, average in every way

Finch: our best half, played most of the second half at halfback ands we looked better imo

Timmy: ran at the line alot in the first half and looked like he was told to do it, not his natural game, got into the defenders face and got caught or a poor disposal under pressure. Looked batter in the second half at 5/8 playing his own catch and pass or catch and kick at first receiver.

Lukey: Good game back to his form of 2005.

Piggy: fair game, a couple of poor passes from DH, lost a bit of weight and tried very hard.

Mateo: played left centre when Guru went off and Reddy went to the wing. Fair game

Big Ben: 3 tackles that stood out, two caused turnovers, his defence was bone shattering. Still tries to step around his opponent in attack, I think he should just run straight and hard like a back rower. If he isn't going to run like a centre, I'd play him at lock.

Yeah I don't know why we signed lowrie for. He brings nothing. I was hoping for Mateo to be given a run in the 5/8 lock posys but they played him in the 3/4........ what's he supposed to prove out there???

Twiz..... Did Mateo get much game time? And did he get involved with the making in the middle of the park or was just stuck out in the backs?

Stagger eel

Staff member
it'll take more than just one ordinary performance to completely write Lowrie off, I've seen him do some good things last year, could develop into a good footballer, obviously room for improvement but as ball skills and physical build is concerned he's got the makings of a real footballer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Twiz..... Did Mateo get much game time? And did he get involved with the making in the middle of the park or was just stuck out in the backs?

played about half a game and yes, got very involved, a few good hit ups

seems to have shaken off the lazy atitude he had before going to ESL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
it'll take more than just one ordinary performance to completely write Lowrie off, I've seen him do some good things last year, could develop into a good footballer, obviously room for improvement but as ball skills and physical build is concerned he's got the makings of a real footballer.

yeah true

and its only a trial game and I'm just calling how I saw it

some others may disagree with me

parra pete

Referee
Finch: our best half, played most of the second half at halfback ands we looked better imo

Timmy: ran at the line alot in the first half and looked like he was told to do it, not his natural game, got into the defenders face and got caught or a poor disposal under pressure. Looked batter in the second half at 5/8 playing his own catch and pass or catch and kick at first receiver.

Interesting.......

FROSTY319

Juniors
Thanks guys for all the info on the players performances.

Good to hear Timmy & Finchy were solid. Also great news about Cannings, Fui & Ian H. Still not convinced on Reddy and I think B.Smith should be at lock.

Overall it sounds promising.
Just hope Eric is ok & look forward to seeing Hindy &Tit back soon.

jimmyo

Juniors
Sounds like it was a good hit out for Parra - their season will no doubt hinge on the Finch/Smith combo. The gap around the ruck Twizzle mentioned sounds about the size of one N. Hindmarsh so I wouldn't worry too much there - lets hope we can keep him as well as Cayless, Smith, Tahu and Grothe fully fit for long enough to make the final 8 and give it a crack in September, that's all I really ask of '07.

Also, good the see Preston Campbell firing - he's always been one of the most underated and exciting players in the NRL.

DeeGan

Bench
From what I hear, good game Parramatta. A lot of good signs for your club and I am told Michael Hagan was happy with the effort.

The result means sweet FA when all is said and done.

Best of luck for the remainder of the season ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
scottyeel said:
How long was Fui playing at a time.

alot longer than normal,

from memory, the first quarter, some of the second

all of the third quarter and half of the last

he is a different player than the one that stared as a bench player for us a few years ago

Hellsy

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Big Ben: 3 tackles that stood out, two caused turnovers, his defence was bone shattering. Still tries to step around his opponent in attack, I think he should just run straight and hard like a back rower. If he isn't going to run like a centre, I'd play him at lock.

Go Benny!!!!!!! :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

cardinal

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
Yeah I don't know why we signed lowrie for. He brings nothing. I was hoping for Mateo to be given a run in the 5/8 lock posys but they played him in the 3/4........ what's he supposed to prove out there???

Lowrie can play I read one report that said he threw a beautifull ball for one of our tries, maybe twizzle missed that. I am convinced he will play a lot of fist grade. I also think Mateo could be a great ball playing centre.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was just a catch and pass, nothing special like the rest of his game

he may be better than that but I can only judge him on what i saw last night

Latest posts