What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little known TV series/underrated TV series

2 True Blues

Coach
Was pretty funny actually when it was probably supposed to be serious.....used to watch it on channel 2 all the time as a nipper !!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Nothing about being the last of the Australians is amusing to me NBB.....Bring back the true Aussies. They threw away the mould mate...!!!!

but on a serious note, no I never saw the show, might have to look out for it though....:thumn

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
It was an absolute classic.............Ted Cook was the main characters name!...it was like a 70's version of Kingswood Country but more intelligent than that!

Bob Hawke was even in it once ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
just thinking about the acting quality of Bob HAWKE mate. Fine line btw pollies and professional actors LOL................

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
just thinking about the acting quality of Bob HAWKE mate. Fine line btw pollies and professional actors LOL................

:lol: He had a walk on part as himself when he was still the ACTU boss, this was about 74/75....;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Black Books
Spaced
The Brittas Empire
Red Dwarf
It's a Knockout!
Coupling
Shameless

All classics.

2 True Blues

Coach
:piggy: Now that is a technically farked up pickup mate !!!! Must have been thinking bout that fork in the road Muppets movie.......:fist: :-k Trivial pickup for the sake of one !!!!!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Firefly
Boomtown
Silverhawks (a kids cartoon - I don't remember anything that actually happened, but I know I hired the one video in town so many times it eventually stopped working. I also remember it having an awesome intro song)

Gene Krupa said:
Tru Calling is an interesting show that got cancelled before it's time.
There was only one problem with that show - Eliza Dusku (or however you spell her name). As hot as she may be, she isn't charismatic enough to hold together a show that revolves completely around her. She's a good back-up like she was on Buffy, but not leading actress material.

With a more natural actress, Tru Calling could definitely have worked.

budz

Juniors
So far the shows i love which werent overly popular are:
Scrubs
Arrested development
John Doe
The Pretender
Sliders
Coupling (hilarious show which i recommend everyone watch!)

And thats all i can think of for the moment.

budz

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Not little known, but a very underrated show - in Australia at least - is Scrubs. The first 3 seasons are brilliant and leave it close to my favourite comedy series of all time.

Yet Channel 7 shows it at 11pm. Funny thing is I never watched it when it was originally on but rather discovered it when Channell 7 were showing it at 11AM during my Uni holidays. Great show.
I think season 4 was the best! I really enjoyed that one. I used to love the Arrested Developemnt/Scrubs double on monday nights!