What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Lovefest

typicalfan

Coach
He is as special as those guys. Both Fittler and Joey are great players but Lockyer has been more consistent than either of them and while Joey was more of a freak talent in terms of his playmaking skills and Fittler had the perfect blend of size, speed and power, Lockyer and his longevity says all that needs to be said.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Joey would have had a longer career had he not got injured and Fittler played on of his best seasons in 04, he could have easily went another few seasons. He was very close to his best in his final few seasons.

Lockyer only played one more season than Fittler anyway.

Big Pete

Referee
Joey would have had a longer career had he not got injured and Fittler played on of his best seasons in 04, he could have easily went another few seasons. He was very close to his best in his final few seasons.

And the thing is, they didn't.

Make as many excuses as you want, but Lockyer is on par with those players and the game has been better for his presence.

Cliffhanger

Coach
He played one more season than Fittler. I'm not saying Lockyer's shit, I'm saying Joey and Freddy were better and you didn't see the same circle jerk for them.

typicalfan

Coach

Fittler had a few seasons without any rep pressure, he could just focus on the Roosters and we saw the best of Freddy. Even though he did eventually play origin again the pressure and those added games a season were removed on a regular basis.

Lockyer has done it for well over a decade playing for club, state and country. Say what you like but Lockyer has earned his right to be mentioned alongside those guys, and they would be the first people to tell you that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If i didnt have ankle and knee injuries and a distinct lack of talent i could of been the greatest of all time. Thats the way the cookie crumbles on what if's i guess

Cliffhanger

Coach
My point is having a longer career doesn't necessarily mean you were a better player.

Lockyer may have played Origin his entire career but he hasn't been dominant at rep level for years.

typicalfan

Coach
My point is having a longer career doesn't necessarily mean you were a better player.

Lockyer may have played Origin his entire career but he hasn't been dominant at rep level for years.
Who ran to the line and set up the crucial final try in game 1 of this years series again? I am trying to rattle my brain thinking of him can you help me.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Fittler had a few seasons without any rep pressure, he could just focus on the Roosters and we saw the best of Freddy.

Nice point.

Did Lockyer.........NO

I can cop the Joey V Locky arguement .....but not f*ckin Fittler

I see you're continuing to convince little miss "I know everything or else I'll cry"

You're wasting your time........she knows nothing about our game.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Who ran to the line and set up the crucial final try in game 1 of this years series again? I am trying to rattle my brain thinking of him can you help me.

I get it you jizz your pants over Lockyer but Slater, Smith and Thurstan have all been a far more integral part of the Queensland side in recent series.

typicalfan

Coach
Nice point.

Did Lockyer.........NO

I can cop the Joey V Locky arguement .....but not f*ckin Fittler

I see you're continuing to convince little miss "I know everything or else I'll cry"

You're wasting your time........she knows nothing about our game.
Fittler deserves to be looked at in a good light and is a legend of the game, in terms of raw talent, given his large frame, speed, power, footwork, leadership etc he was very very good.

I am not trying to convince anyone really, some people though can't stand it when people get deserved praise.

Cliffhanger

Coach
The Lockyer circle jerk is over the top, I am not saying he was not an excellent player, there is no doubt he was but we have to cop this smushy shit every week now, it's overkill.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Fittler deserves to be looked at in a good light and is a legend of the game, in terms of raw talent, given his large frame, speed, power, footwork, leadership etc he was very very good.

I am not trying to convince anyone really, some people though can't stand it when people get deserved praise.

and you know what ......you're right. Brad Fittler was one of our games greats. I was/are a Freddie fan.

Was he better than Darren Lockyer?

Only the most biased know nothing troll would suggest yes.

p.s

Nice job on the quote post so "you know who" reads it.........;-)

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
The Lockyer circle jerk is over the top, I am not saying he was not an excellent player, there is no doubt he was but we have to cop this smushy shit every week now, it's overkill.
I think most of it is justified. The over the top bits are when people say he should be the next immortal. That imo just won't happen. He will be 3rd/4th in line at best and time away from the game is needed before those decisions are made. As for the rest, good on him I think, he deserves it. Johns probably would have got a similar send off only he retired unfortunately due to injury during the final year of his career.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I think most of it is justified. The over the top bits are when people say he should be the next immortal.

I believe there's another thread for the "immortal talk" ..........

This thread is about the Lockyer lovefest

Is tonight any wonder why.........

He's a deadset champion !!

AuDragon

Juniors
If Carney wasn't so f**ked in the head, he could have become better than Lockyer.
Cliffy, I like you and all, but this displaced hate towards Lockyer really doesn't become you... Just give the man his dues, you'll feel better for it! ;-)