What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Lovefest

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Comprehension not one of your better skills, hey? I didn't say Joey won everything for Newcastle. If you are capable, have a think about I wrote.

Lockyer played most (if not all) his club career surrounded by half the Qld origin squad - Joey didn't.

Lockyer was blessed to have the wonderful facilities at Red Hill vs the shithouse shambles that Joey had that wouldn't even be fit for a park footy side.

By no means am I discounting what Lockyer has achieved, but stop and think for a moment of what Joey achieved vs what Lockyer achieved with some of the above in mind.

Didnt Johns live in a caravan for most of his career as well?

some11

Referee
2zr03es.jpg

MightyBronco

Juniors
Since i have so much respect for Locky i dont mind any of the love fest, but i can see how others fans would be sick of it.

Its just a unique situation how his retirement has panned out.

RHCP

Bench
Its just a unique situation how his retirement has panned out.
This is an important point. Not many players retire on their own terms, and not too many retain captaincy and rep jerseys right until the end of their career. And I can't think of any who have the potential to have retired as a Origin series winning captain, Australian Four/Tri Nations/World Cup winning Captain and premiership winning captain. It's a promoters dream.

Joey was forced out mid-season through injury; I'm sure he would've received the same hero worship Lockyer has if he announced in the pre season and made it through unscathed.

Mr Fourex

Bench
You wanna know why the Lockyer love ????

THAT'S FU*CKEN WHY !!!!

WOOT WOOT !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haynenation

Juniors
he will play next week but it will be hard for him not to be tenative. i dislocated my finger end of footy season and it was hard to have full contact

Danish

Referee
Get out the NBA face mask and get him on the field next week.

Surely he will play. What's the downside if he does and it gets more hurt? It stays broken for a month or 2 longer? It's his last game of footy ever, I'm sure he'll happily deal with that

Mr Fourex

Bench
Looking at lockyer, I suspect he has broken his maxilla. A shame to go out that way

No way he won't play. It's a facial injury........he still has his arms and legs. Couple pain killers and he'll be right.

Besides......he will/can have corrective surgery

Maybe a 2 for 1 deal with his impending voice/throat surgery

Mr Fourex

Bench
If Carney wasn't so f**ked in the head, he could have become better than Lockyer.

If you didn't spend all your time crying on internet boards and "fitnessing" away your sexual tensions

you'd get laid once in a while and be a happier person. ;-)

Hutty1986

Immortal
No way in hell a guy like Darren Lockyer will miss next weekend. Anything short of an ACL & he's there

Latest posts