What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer v Thurston

Who was/is better?

• Total voters

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
LMAO kids don't need bucket bongs?! ahahaha

but spliffs, normal cones and cannies are cool? just don't do buckets kids, it f**ks you up!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
LMAO kids don't need bucket bongs?! ahahaha

but spliffs, normal cones and cannies are cool? just don't do buckets kids, it f**ks you up!!

That ad ran for 2 years up here in the north.
I can't remember the amount of times i was close to giving the kids Bucket Bongs until I'd remember 'What would Michael Bani Do'
That's why Bani is GOAT, for his impact on and off the field

Reactions: gUt

Shorty

Staff member
Don't think Lockyer belongs in the discussion ,he was very reliable, consistently in the right spot at the right time but not as talented as Thurston or Johns.
If he'd stayed at fullback it might have been a different story.

Big Pete

Referee
Not a lot in it these days.

Lockyer had a far more consistent career, which is really impressive given the switch to five-eighth. JT is the flavour of the past season or so but there were a few lean trots for him where his only solace was rep footy.

As players, Lockyer strikes me as the better athlete, able to weave through traffic, accelerate away and then come up with the right option at the right time. On the other hand, JT maybe the most competitive player of all-time. He never dies wondering and fights for every inch.

gUt

Coach
There's only one way to vote in this thread, and that's the...

218157-110928-lockyer.jpg

typicalfan

Coach
Not a lot in it these days.

Lockyer had a far more consistent career, which is really impressive given the switch to five-eighth. JT is the flavour of the past season or so but there were a few lean trots for him where his only solace was rep footy.

As players, Lockyer strikes me as the better athlete, able to weave through traffic, accelerate away and then come up with the right option at the right time. On the other hand, JT maybe the most competitive player of all-time. He never dies wondering and fights for every inch.

Based on your final paragraph you'd have to pick Thurston. Both players are underrated for their toughness too.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The more I read about people fapping on about johns the more apparent it becomes just how over rated he was.

Some people will just believe anything they're told.

mozza91

Coach
The more I read about people fapping on about johns the more apparent it becomes just how over rated he was.

The delusion is strong in this one.
Lockyer, Thurston. I'll take players who are terrible defenders for 100.

simmo05

Bench
Nswelshman so i dislike both players ,but I will admit jt is equal to johns for me. They are both miles and miles ahead of ĺockyer. Lockyer was a great fullback, good 5/8
but nothing more in my opinion.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Great insight.

Maybe people have a different opinion to yours amd believe what they SEE, not what they are told.

I guess like people telling me Lockyer is the best of all time. But I don't believe it because despite being a bloody good player, he was defensively suspect and needed constant protection in games for it.

To be considered even close to the best, you have to have the all round arsenal. Lockyer does not come close when you consider defence.

Last edited:

Latest posts