What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer you Boofhead

PB

Bench
I was one person who was lobbying hard for Locky to retain the leadership of the Australian team. But in light of his "joke" he made yesterday, well bugger that. His credability just plummeted in my eyes.

I am really disapointed. I know everyone makes mistakes, but i find it hard to comprehend what was going through his mind...

ibeme

First Grade
I haven't completely counted him out as captain, but he has to redeem himself before I'd consider him.

Razor

Coach
But all was fine till a certain player got injured. There was no concerns till that certain player went down in a blaze of glory twice. the Knights could have 4 players out, just as long as 1 is not Johns. If 1 is named Johns, Knights = GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!!!!!

Since the Knights without Johns winning record is better than the Roosters without Fittler, the Broncos without Lockyer, and the Dragons without Barrett, I suggest you look at the facts a bit more.

The Knights have won 9 of their past 10 games when Johns has been injured, and they have had no other injuries to key players.

Kaz

junior
PB said:
I was one person who was lobbying hard for Locky to retain the leadership of the Australian team. But in light of his "joke" he made yesterday, well bugger that. His credability just plummeted in my eyes.

What should they do, put a line though every player who has made a goose of himself.

mmmm

If that's the case our next Australian Captain, hasn't been born yet.

PB

Bench
Kaz said:
PB said:

What should they do, put a line though every player who has made a goose of himself.

mmmm

S.Webcke for captain.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kaz said:
PB said:

mmmm

And sorry, we won't give you Stacey Jones either ;)

Mind you while the Warriors are probably better off than most sides in this regard due to a lot of polynesian our players being of a christian persuasion, a few of our boys have been known to act in a less than exemplary manner at times as well.

Alba

Coach
Razor said:
But all was fine till a certain player got injured. There was no concerns till that certain player went down in a blaze of glory twice. the Knights could have 4 players out, just as long as 1 is not Johns. If 1 is named Johns, Knights = GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!!!!!

Since the Knights without Johns winning record is better than the Roosters without Fittler, the Broncos without Lockyer, and the Dragons without Barrett, I suggest you look at the facts a bit more.

The Knights have won 9 of their past 10 games when Johns has been injured, and they have had no other injuries to key players.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yeah THAT!! wasnt absolutely sure bout dragons :)

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:

And your stats are from where?

Fibroman

First Grade
It was only a bloody joke. Give the bloke a break.

I actually prefer this one:
What does a bulldogs player do after sex?
A/ About 15-20 years.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Have nothing but respect for Lockyer, he's a great player and ambassador for the game. But what he said was stupid and his timing couldn't have possibly been worse! :roll:

After all.. we may very well be talking about a woman who has been scarred both emotionally and mentally for life and Rugby League Players who will possibly be facing not only total expulsion from the career of their dreams, but also long-term imprisonment. Sue me for not having a sense of humour... but I just can't see the funny side of that! [-X

Pantherjim.

nrl_panthers.gif
piss.gif
nrl_roosters.gif

miladi

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
Have nothing but respect for Lockyer, he's a great player and ambassador for the game. But what he said was stupid and his timing couldn't have possibly been worse! :roll:

After all.. we may very well be talking about a woman who has been scared both emotionally and mentally for life and Rugby League Players who will possibly be facing not only total expulsion from the career of their dreams, but also long-term imprisonment. Sue me for not having a sense of humour... but I just can't see the funny side of that! [-X

Pantherjim.

nrl_panthers.gif
piss.gif
nrl_roosters.gif
From my observiation , it is interesting to see that the responses that think Lockyer's comment was "only a joke" come from posters who seem to be male. This is not a reflection on rugby league fans, but more on western society male's view of women as objects not human beings whose feelings and well being matter. But are only here for the males' convenience. It is this type of attitude that results in behaviour which is now bringing our sport into disrepute. Rape is never worthy of a joke whether in a public forum or over a beer at the local. It damages all of us whether male or female.

I salute you males who are decent enough to realise this and say so.

broncos2008

Juniors
miladi said:
From my observiation , it is interesting to see that the responses that think Lockyer's comment was "only a joke" come from posters who seem to be male. This is not a reflection on rugby league fans, but more on western society male's view of women as objects not human beings whose feelings and well being matter. But are only here for the males' convenience. It is this type of attitude that results in behaviour which is now bringing our sport into disrepute. Rape is never worthy of a joke whether in a public forum or over a beer at the local. It damages all of us whether male or female.

I salute you males who are decent enough to realise this and say so.

I didn't know feminists enjoyed rugby league ;-)

Big-Steve

Juniors
I don't like the colour of the joke. In the last few days here in Sydney it's been reported that a rapist will be allowd a retrial. This means the victim who I think was 16 at the time will have to give evidence all over again and she has done it 3 or 4 times becsuse it was a gang rape.

Sorry but I can't find this joke funny at all.

*Edited*

PB said:
Kaz said:
PB said:

mmmm

S.Webcke for captain.

He'd be too scared the plane would get hyjacked. Poor little man.

The joke isn't funny. Its disrespectful to one of the game's greats to be associated with this alleged incident and horrific to women contemplating going to games if we're just making jokes out of seriously disgusting events.

I had my girlfriend asking me a whole range of questions about who the rapist was for the Dragons when they won 11 titles and my face was a blank. It wasn't until I heard the joke on the news that it became clear. Imagine what other people hearing the joke thought if they didn't know the history of the game. They'd think there's been a culture of it for decades.

Fibroman

First Grade
The thing about jokes, is that they are jokes. Some groups of people may find certain jokes offensive: Irish, blondes etc Continuously whinging about what took place in Coffs Harbour won't turn the clock back and un-do any of it. It happened or then maybe it didn't happen. We will all have to wait and see what the police find out and what a Court of Law might decide. A lot of jokes have been told in bad taste over the years eg. Space shuttle crashes etc. and a lot of people have had a chuckle or two over the jokes. Perhaps some people are just wound up a bit too tight, and need to relax a bit.

Rexxy

Coach
It's sad that the only place you will hear about St George winning 11 Premiership in a row is via a joke.

The Club doesn't talk about them, for fear of allienating the two Illawarra supporters who care.

fibro man said:
Continuously whinging about what took place in Coffs Harbour won't turn the clock back and un-do any of it.

Maybe, but that doesn't mean the Australian captain should make a tasteless joke and further embarass the code, either.

Fibroman

First Grade
He might have embarassed himself by making the joke at the wrong time, but I fail to see how that embarasses the code. Rugby league will still be the great game it always was. The media just needs to lay off a bit.