What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer's replacement as test skipper

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
I take it that other candidates, namely Danny Buderis, Noddy Kimmorley, Bobcat Ryan and Craig Gower will retire in the same class that Lockyer will.

Alist of outside chances may include: Petero Civoniceva, Luke O'Donnell, Matt Orford, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Hornby or Brett Finch......

Noddy would never ever be a candidate...one of your best.
Most of your Outside chances are a joke and a half... Petero????????? He will be 33 in 2009. Yeah, he will be made captain! How about no fricken chance.
Orford? He will never play for Australia
Finch....look, i know he plays for your beloved eels now, but if he represents Australia then god help rugby league.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Gotta love Chuck and his cut and past 'insults'. Even when they are not anything to do with the subject matter.

I know in your little mind, Lockyer will be test captain forever. If that makes you seel all nice and secure each night when you cuddle your teddy and slide peacefully into dreamland, that's OK.

Now, run along, and let the adults discuss things. OK? :)

Your "insults" are turning into cut and paste as that it all you say now.
"Gotta love chuck and his cut and paste insults".
Whoops..i did a misty and cutted and pastededededed.

timma

Juniors
MARK GASNIER
He will be Stgeorge captain next season and he keeps on getting better as a player.Has plenty of experience with NSW and Kangaroos
Long Term Future ; Greg Inglis , superstar

Bicey_18

Bench
Cameron Smith has done absolutely nothing in the past 2 tests to show he will take over from Buderus.

aids

Bench
Hindy is a great representative on and off the field
i recon he'll do a great job.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cam Smith imo
he will own the Aust #9 for aslong as he wants it, and is a great leader to boot

Misty Bee

First Grade
Chuck, when I get to the 3 year mark with the same stupid replies like you, let me know.

Re Civo - thanks for agreeing with me. Dickwad.

Azkatro

First Grade
The last 5 great Australian captains have been Lockyer, Tallis, Fittler, Lewis and Meninga. I don't see any upcomers in the post-Lockyer era that look like they would fit into that class yet.

miccle

Bench
Still a while away yet - Locky will almost certainly hang up the rep boots at the end of 2009 or so.

Cam Smith definitely looking the most likely at this stage, but a lot can happen in 3 full years! Think about who was being billed as the up and coming stars at the end of 2003! People would've have been predicting Phil Bailey to be captain by 2006 if Locky wasn't there :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a moot point. We all know that, from 2009 onwards, the Australian Test skipper will be Jarryd Hayne.

:sarcasm:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Only if they give him a go over that far less talented Ingliss chap. ;-)

I wouldn't call Tallis a great captain.

I believe that Lockyer, Smith, Ryan and Gower are the only club captains that would be mentioned in selection night. Bar Smith, they are all Locky's vintage, so I reckon we are short on developing the next crop.

Australia has had a reputation for making test captains before club captaincy - Churchill, Raper, Coote were all test captains before they captained their club. Lockyer captained his state before his club, I think. Fittler wasn't a long term skipper before he captainsed NSW and Oz in '95, and I think the same applies to Bedsy - for so long in the shadow of Johns.

All of this makes the field wide open.

Johns Magic

Referee
Hunt would be a gun of a captain, but the nature of his heritage may put some question marks in the selectors' minds.

Sugar

Bench
:alcho: waiting for the raiders fans to nominate tongue,his name seems to pop up in a lot a threads so why not this one?

Red Bear

Referee
icewind said:
Cam smith has the creds.
Karmichael Hunt and Greg Inglis also possibilities by the time Lockyer retires.

Hindmarsh would also be a good option but will be too old by then.
Minichello will be at fullback, seeya hunt

Latest posts