What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol@50uff$ IV: We got this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

First Grade
It is the off-season (well not really we have the Internationals starting, but that's not for another week) and it may be boredom but i suddenly want to know why everyone on here hates the Rabbitohs?

I don't hate the Rabbitohs but a lot of you do, why is it?

Is it because every year they claim they are going to do something and don't?

Is it because of Russell Crowe and his success at the club? if so, will people start to hate the Knights?

Is it because they fought their way back into the competition?

Is it because this year with all their players they fell short due to a load of injuries?

What is it!
Mate it isn't hate@souths its Lol@50uff$. The major reason would have to be your first point. You also have certain fans that provide us with laughs (eg would be BunnysMan and Big Country).

There are many Souths fans that don't and have a sense of humour a prime example of one is Tom Shines. Ziggy is also a supporter that brings credit to his club.

In regards to the fight back into the competition, they didn't do it by themselves. There were thousands of non Souths supporters that marched. I was happy for the supporters when they returned as I have friends who are their supporters.

These threads are purely for humour. The title of the thread makes the content apparent. If there was a title lol@Roosters or something similar I would probably avoid it.

Gmac

Juniors
there was a title lol@Roosters or something similar I would probably avoid it.

Possibly but just like if there was a lol@The St Merge Chokeawarra Dragqueens thread all you blokes would have to do is post a pic of the silverwar uve won recently and that would be the end of it.
Oh Wait dam i keep forgetting about the charity sheild :lol:

hey haterz, hektik is bakk chekin out this shit on da down low, homies why u so hatin? make love not hate,what will happen to dis thread when souffs win a premiership next season? will da ppl here show their faces? will youze come out and show love and partyyy in october 2012 when we partyin for winning da premiership? or will u stay on da forumz and keep hatin?

Ozzy

First Grade
2qwj1b4.jpg

Tom Cruse thinking: "I wish this was a scene from one of my M.I movies. Then I could escape from my guards and stop watching this horrible team!"

Ozzy

First Grade
Possibly but just like if there was a lol@The St Merge Chokeawarra Dragqueens thread all you blokes would have to do is post a pic of the silverwar uve won recently and that would be the end of it.
Thats not silverware, thats chromeware. :sarcasm:

Ozzy

First Grade
hey haterz, hektik is bakk chekin out this shit on da down low, homies why u so hatin? make love not hate,what will happen to dis thread when souffs win a premiership next season? will da ppl here show their faces? will youze come out and show love and partyyy in october 2012 when we partyin for winning da premiership? or will u stay on da forumz and keep hatin?
:? Are you the love child of Randy Marsh and Big Country???

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

you make it sound like this thread is full of dragons fans..

we would make up maybe half, at best...

and unfortunately that sliverware cabinet is down two important pieces... :(

Silent Knight

First Grade
You, Sir, are addicted!

LOL@50uFF$

FTR I'm not back. My answer was in another thread that NRL-TGG fellow started, and I gave a default answer. The mods just dragged that thread back in here, making it look like I'm back on the LOL@50uff$ bandwagon. I'm going back on holiday, ciao til next year.

Signing out,

SK.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It is the off-season (well not really we have the Internationals starting, but that's not for another week) and it may be boredom but i suddenly want to know why everyone on here hates the Rabbitohs?

I don't hate the Rabbitohs but a lot of you do, why is it?

well, as the last 10,000 posts have shown, there are many reasons for someone to feel negative towards souffs..

for me it's a combination of a number of things, but ultimately it comes down to:
  • idiot fans who can't / won't see reason and just continue to blast out the same old dribble..
  • the rusty takeover. the rabbitohs heritage has always been "working class" and i think a lot of people used to have a soft spot for them. after the takeover, i felt that they were trying to be something that they are not, and i just have no time for fake people, companies or ideals..
  • constant talking up their success, but constantly failing to deliver on a result..
however, i wouldn't call it "hate".. it's more of an annoyance..

we've all enjoyed a good lol@souffs in the past, and this year it has taken on a bit of a bigger role.. however i think you need to take most of the souths stuff with a grain of salt and see it as humourous.. much the same way as aussies pick on kiwis.. we'll have a lol@souffs, but if it came down to souffs vs afl, we'd back souffs...

however, you took the time to ask a few quesitons, so i'll do you the liberty of answering them..

Is it because every year they claim they are going to do something and don't?

yep.. i can't stand someone or something who doesn't live up to their promises.. you don't have to accept that sort of behaviour from people at work, there are laws to protect you as a consumer if something doesn't live up to it's promises, so why should we accept it from a football team?

Is it because of Russell Crowe and his success at the club? if so, will people start to hate the Knights?

suc·cess/səkˈses/

Noun:
  • The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
  • The attainment of popularity or profit.
based on the above definition, how has russell achieved success? the team has not won anything, apart from 2 charity sheilds (one against the weakest dragons side since the JV started).

yes, he has achieved profitability, but has he achieved popularity? if anything (see my reasoning above) i believe that souths are less popular now..

Is it because they fought their way back into the competition?

nah, they won that case on a technicality..

the protesters were actually in arms about another matter, but this got overlooked..

piczf.png

Is it because this year with all their players they fell short due to a load of injuries?

they had fewer injuries this year than last year..

they gained an international centre, winner of the golden boot award..

and they finished one spot worse this year.. (actually, last year would have been 10th as well, if the storm hadn't gotten done..)

What is it!

is that a question or a statement!

i hate it when people use inappropriate punctuation;

i'm ron burgundy?

images

some11

Referee
Hahaha NO :D

Hokay, so this slammingsam tells us this thread is "in the hands of solicitors" to which he is laughed at. Then this account pops up out of nowhere to tell us to maybe just tone it down instead, the post is ignored and deleted.

What a chump.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
was it slammingsam who said the guys holding the signs in rd 26 were going to be banned from future games at the stadium?

AuDragon

Juniors
It's the end of the working week.
Time to take off the shoes, sit back, have a beer and a relaxing...

LOL$50uff$

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is there some sort of law against partaking in enjoyable derision of an entity?

If it's wrong, then I don't wanna be right!

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
well, as the last 10,000 posts have shown, there are many reasons for someone to feel negative towards souffs..

I created a new thread to start fresh but it was moved here.

however, you took the time to ask a few quesitons, so i'll do you the liberty of answering them..

Cheers.

suc·cess/səkˈses/

Noun:
  • The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
  • The attainment of popularity or profit.
based on the above definition, how has russell achieved success? the team has not won anything, apart from 2 charity sheilds (one against the weakest dragons side since the JV started).

yes, he has achieved profitability, but has he achieved popularity? if anything (see my reasoning above) i believe that souths are less popular now..

I don't believe they are less popular, I do believe he has achieved financial success.

they had fewer injuries this year than last year..

Maybe so, it seems this year had a lot of injuries to key players. I think they were missing an entire forward pack for most of the season.

is that a question or a statement!

I don't know, what's this line? lol

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can't find a photo online anywhere, but my favourite lol@50uff$ at the moment is when they walk out of the tunnel at ANZ Stadium...

Like Parramatta have at Parramatta Stadium, they have a "This is South Sydney" sign.

Wrong.

South Sydney is 20km away. Stop pretending Western Sydney is SOUTH Sydney territory :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts