What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL @ Manly!!!

With so many Sydney clubs, swapping sides is very easy, hardly any inconvenience for a player. This is one aspect where the Warriors, Storm and Broncos, or even the Cowboys have some advantage, easier to hold onto local players. It's true the other way around too of course, harder for these same clubs to attract non-locals, which is an issue if they have a poor local supply of talent.

El Diablo

Post Whore
B. Stewart
G. Stewart
K. Foran
D. Cherry-Evans
A. Watmough
J. King
D. Lussick
V. Mauro
J. Buhrer
M. Oldfield
D. Williams
S. Matai
M. Ballin

Are all regular starters at Manly that have never played first grade at another club. But hey, why let facts get in the way of another Parra whinge?

facts are you have trotted out the first grade line because the players are poached

if the NRL encourage loyalty they would not be at your club

a club that contributes nothing

you'd be lucky to make a team of NRL players that are local Manly juniors

prove me wrong

Nice Beaver

First Grade
facts are you have trotted out the first grade line because the players are poached

prove me wrong

:lol::lol: For a bloke who claims Manly fans are the biggest whingers in the comp you sure seem to do a f*cking bang up job of bettering most on this forum!!!

I reckon half your post count is consumed with Manly butt hurt.:lol:

firechild

First Grade
3 Manly locals played origin last year. That suggests you're full of sh!t but we all knew that already.

If the NRL encouraged loyalty to the degree you suggest Ballin, Matai and DCE would be playing park footy in QLD. The Northern Beaches might have a small population and therefore don't produce the number of talented players Parra does but they do a hell of a job developing young talent from all over the place. Daniel Gartner, Geoff Toovey, Steve Menzies were all bloody good players not too long ago that all came from the Northern Beaches. To suggest Manly contributes nothing shows your blind hatred.

As for your suggestion that they are all poached are you suggesting Manly poached Mauro from Curl Curl, Watmough from Narrabeen, King from Belrose, Lussick from Beacon Hill or Oldfield from Harboard?

El Diablo

Post Whore

prove me wrong

WYD

Juniors
I hate them but Manly have alligator blood.

Pretty much the last club you would want to right off.

effnic

Bench
Hahahhahah every time Manly are mentioned you can guarentee EL D will be crying in the thread about some shit he is butthurt over. Move on ya tosser.

Garts

Bench
lol at my club all you want. But I am happy knowing we have made the finals the last 7 years, made 3 GF and won 2. One of those in record fashion. I am lol at you.

Danny-Boy

Juniors

prove me wrong

The butt hurt is so deep in this one you can feel the pain in his posts.

nz eagle

Juniors
are player agents just completely unprofessional and unethical these days?

DCE's agent got him a decent 3 year deal for $300k, barely a year ago - he was the one who tied his client down for 3 years.

Now that Manly took a punt on him, trained him up, got him relevant experience in QLD cup and an opportunity to play first grade and he works out to be great, the agent is playing a media game to force Manly to pay him more...

I bet you if he turned out to be a complete failure manly would be stuck paying him $100k a year for a NSW Cup halfback.

I think if you sign the contract you shouldnt whine like a little schoolgirl about signing a decent contract at the time, when you think your worth more now.

El Diablo

Post Whore

prove me wrong

still no Manly fan willing to prove me wrong?

firechild

First Grade

Probably not a single Manly fan (or any fan for that matter) that gives a f*ck about your opinion. Funny that you say that Manly contributes nothing yet your club has thrown enough money at a Manly junior to make him the highest paid player in the game after 2 years of doorknocking and not a single game of footy.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Manly are a first grade rugby league team, not the local under 14's.

They win comps. Thats all the proof of anything you need.

I'm sticking up for Manly because of your posts.

You are a merkin.

seaeagle sam

So if Parra kept all their juniors since 1947, well that's one frigging big squad you've got there.

Obviously you're happy to deprive your juniors the chance to play 1st grade footy because you don't want them to play for anyone else.

Can't keep them all.

Last edited: