What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOL @ Manly!!!

Nice Beaver

First Grade
why?

you don't have any

Because I'm not the one twisting my panties crying that a team should be kicked out of the comp based on players in the NRL from junior leagues. You are.

I'm simply stating that unless you have a comparison based on numbers per head the argument is a moot point. Understand now dipshit?

Patorick

Staff member
Rockin Ronny seems to have possessed you El Diablo.

Stay strong, medical experts are on the way.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Because I'm not the one twisting my panties crying that a team should be kicked out of the comp based on players in the NRL from junior leagues. You are.

I'm simply stating that unless you have a comparison based on numbers per head the argument is a moot point. Understand now dipshit?

comparisons mean diddly

it's numbers playing in the area and in the various grades and first grade comp

without them there is no comp

you tards don't seem to get that

if there were 16 clubs like Manly then Rugby League wouldn't exist

fact

Biscuits

Juniors
i would gues that the parra area has at least 10 times the population of manlys are. I would also guess that your population of islander/ aboriginal people would be at least 100 times of that as manly. Dont throw the race card at me but figures show that people with that heritage represent a far greater proportion of nrl players than they represent in society as a whole. By my count there are 8 players that are genuine manly juniors (by genuine, i mean have played nost or all of their junior football in the manly district, or whos family have moved into the are for reasons other than furthering their sons football career) in the top 25 in the teams of the nrl and 4 in the nyc. There is also at least 2 in england and one riding a pushbike. I dont think that is a bad representation given the northern beaches population. I can also say that manly has had 22 genuine local juniors represent australia, 2 of them captained their country. We have also had a local junior coach the national team. Not bad for a club that adds nothing to rugby league,

Nice Beaver

First Grade
comparisons mean diddly

it's numbers playing in the area and in the various grades and first grade comp

without them there is no comp

you tards don't seem to get that

if there were 16 clubs like Manly then Rugby League wouldn't exist

fact

If there were 16 teams like Parramatta, 13 people would watch it every week so once again there'd be no comp. Go figure :p

My point you dumbarse is that the quality of the juniors you produce goes a long way to demostrating your worth. Christ if I had to watch 16 teams of the quality of Paramatta every week I'd watch something else!!!

I get what you're saying "tard", I'm simply saying that having 25,000 spastics playing and producing the odd gem does not mean you are worth any more worthy of an area that has 5,000 juniors that produces the odd gem as well.

From a juniors point of view of getting mums and dads to get their kids toplay the game, yes you are right. But you're argument the whole time has been "how many NRL players do you have from your juniors?" ........so YOUR argument has been based on the quality of the junior. You used the measure first dipshit. The only way to gauge the quality is to do it on a per head basis.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Parramatta rate far better than Manly

why you would try and argue that you contribute to game more than a club with a large junior base is ridiculous

you cannot even name 17 first grade players who currently play first grade that come from the Manly junior area

if you want junior numbers you'll have to find a site tat has the actual figures. maybe sportingpulse

and if there were 16 clubs like Manly then RL would not exist. you cannot argue against that

Biscuits

Juniors
but parra claim players like grothe junior and hayne as locals. they came from minto to the parra comp to make the rep sides, that would then see them make the parra grade sides nad wih any luck they would be recruited by a quality club like manly. its a well worn path by good juniors

Biscuits

Juniors
again, parra rate better on tv than manly due to the number of tv sets in the are. Do we just leave the northern beaches to other sports because we dont have the population. Lose blokes like menzies, watmogh, king, gartner hopaa, snr and jnr, gartner, snr and jnr etc

ceagle

Bench
but parra claim players like grothe junior and hayne as locals. they came from minto to the parra comp to make the rep sides, that would then see them make the parra grade sides nad wih any luck they would be recruited by a quality club like manly. its a well worn path by good juniors
The idea what a junior is, is never black and white, it's a grey area and stupid topic to argue especially with El Dumbarse

Eric Galt

Juniors

why you would try and argue that you contribute to game more than a club with a large junior base is ridiculous

you cannot even name 17 first grade players who currently play first grade that come from the Manly junior area

if you want junior numbers you'll have to find a site tat has the actual figures. maybe sportingpulse

and if there were 16 clubs like Manly then RL would not exist. you cannot argue against that

Who cares, premierships fill trophy cabinets, not TV ratings. Over 25 years of nothing - how does it feel to be such a loser? I can understand why you are so jealous.:D

Biscuits

Juniors
face it. your argument stems from jealousy because we entered the comp at the same time, you have far more advantages as far as population etc, yet we have made twice as many grand finals and won twice as many. You guys are the Cultre club of the comp. A few hits in the 80s and no relevence at any othert time.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

OK, last ime. Its like trying to talk to my ex's stupid dog. You'd try and try but he was just useless.

Paramatta rate better than Manly on a pure numbers game. I am saying that if you have 10, 20 (whatever) times the base to pick from then of course you would! I am saying that to get a meaningful comparison you need to know an average player produced per head. Not difficult.

I am not arguing that Manly contribute more to the game than Parramatta. Nor am I saying the opposite. I am saying Manly don't deserve to be kicked out of the comp because we don't have same geographical advantage of Pawamatta.

F*ck with all of the advantages you crow about from a juniors perspective you think you mob of idiots could win a comp or two once every 20 years or so!!!!

I look forward to reading your next 60,000 posts knowing that 30,000 of them will be WHINGING about Manly. Knowing that little vein in your forehead is getting bigger and bigger every week we win warms my cold bitter Manly heart.:D

Good luck to the greatest team on earth tomorrow night up in Townsville. Hope they score a try for you.........

seaeagle sam

why, brethren, are you arguing with this merkin? He's up there with skeepe, moffo and anybody else born with an extra half a chromosome.

El Diablo

Post Whore
no you degenerate it stems for what's good for the game and it's future

Manly will contribute nothing to further the game

Biscuits

Juniors
been hearing that for 15 years . in that time weve won 2 comps, turned to parra junior into internationals and continually laghed at your club. If the only relevence parra has is to provide a pathway to more successfull clubs, why dont they just have a pressence in metro cup or whatever it i called these days. You would still be doing what you do for the game with out taking a spot of another club that may be capable of sucess

seaeagle sam

no you degenerate it stems for what's good for the game and it's future

Manly will contribute nothing to further the game

Nice to see you think MWRLFC has contributed thus far. What has you're club contributed if you take out the geographical difference. Apart from frustration for its supporters?

Patorick

Staff member
Nice to see you think MWRLFC has contributed thus far. What has you're club contributed if you take out the geographical difference. Apart from frustration for its supporters?
To be fair to Parra:

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2003/Round_24/Parramatta-vs-Cronulla/summary.html

This game was awesome.

Want to get it on DVD one day.

I wouldn't say I have a soft spot for them because of it, but there are some positive feelings there.

Staying loyal to the ARL should also count aswell.

Latest posts