What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol@T1ger5

MacDougall

First Grade
I'm not upset at the signing at all. He provides a lot of options and has single handedly towelled us on more than one occasion. He has a cool head and plenty of experience. Would be a fantastic foil for Marshall imo.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
having to move your best player out of position just to accomodate him.

I am never one to defend Sheens, but Benji Marshall has played halfback for the past three years at least. The number on his jersey means absolutely nothing.

Didgi

BunniesDerp still doesn't realise the numbers actually have to mean something.

Danish

Referee
Anasta has been moved into the back row a million times and it has never worked, always ends up back at 5/8.

Can't see the point in signing a player looking for a retiremnt cheque and then having to move your best player out of position just to accomodate him.

Doesn't make sense to me. Classic Tim Sheens tbh.

2009 - Played 5/8. Wooden spoon.
2010 - Moved to backrow. Grand finalist
2011 - Back to 5/8. Also rans
2012 - Still at 5/8.... not looking good.

The only people who can't see that Anasta's best position now is lock/2nd row is Brain Smith and possibly Braith Anasta.

thommo4pm

Coach
I would think Anasta will be played in the second row or lock.
Can't see Marshall being moved to accomodate Anasta.

Lowdown

Juniors
There's a lot worse players than Anasta.

That said - he's got nothing on Gareth Ellis who they will miss like nothing else.

MacDougall

First Grade
I can't see room for Moltzen at the Tigers in 2013 now. I'd say he's going to the Waratahs.

Time to celebrate?

MacDougall

First Grade
2009 - Played 5/8. Wooden spoon.
2010 - Moved to backrow. Grand finalist
2011 - Back to 5/8. Also rans
2012 - Still at 5/8.... not looking good.

The only people who can't see that Anasta's best position now is lock/2nd row is Brain Smith and possibly Braith Anasta.

I think the missing piece of that equation is Todd Carney tbh. Carney on fire = 2010. The other years the Roosters were shit and Anasta was not the man to pin it all on. Especially last year. Anasta was probably the Roosters best player last year.

Grapple

Bench
Considering Tigers depth, it's a good thing to have an experienced player who can come in who can play a couple of spots. Not a bad signing at all really. Not sure what Bunniesman is on about, just seems like a bit of an attention whore tbh.

eozsmiles

Bench
In the title you says T1ger5. How exactly is that going to annoy Tigers fans, what relevance does 1 and 5 have?

50UFF$ on the other hand...

Yeah I'm trying to work it out too. The 5 could be a reference to the number of captains the bunnies have but that doesn't make sense as its a tigers thread. The 1 could refer to the number of finals appearances the bunnies have made in the last.....god knows how long it's been. But again it's a tigers thread.

MacDougall

First Grade
1 Tedesco
6 Marshall
7 Miller
9 Farah

13 Anasta

Looks far better for mine.

He works well as a fringe runner and as I said he adds a genuine kicking game which we need

How bout

1. Marshall
6. Anasta
7. Miller
9. Farah

:D

No but either way is fine. I rate Miller too. He needs to be given the reigns and time to develop there. Otherwise he is gone this year.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens will play him at prop.

Now that wouldn't surprise me. After all the great man has form, going into a game with Corey Payne and Danny Galea as props where we were not surprisingly beaten to a pulp. He has also used Bronson Harrison and Rocky Trimarchi, amongst others, as battering rams.

In all seriousness, I think Anasta would be best suited to the 13 for us, provided we can get a decent halfback. Not sure Miller is that man, but it is definitely not Moltzen.

Valheru

Coach
This is a perfect fit IMO for both sides. Anasta offers experience, leadership and a little bit of polish that could help a finals team take that extra step.

Having said that I thought the same about Orford to raiders so hopefully it works out better for the tigers.

MacDougall

First Grade
Honestly I stopped hating Anasta when he told Archer that he was off his head. Always brings laughs.

I think it was Archer anyway.