What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol@T1ger5

Danish

Referee
I think 2010 had more to do with Todd Carney at 6 rather than Braith in the back row.

Didn't Anasta spend most of last year playing in the 11?

and lol @ tigers fans who as of 20 minutes ago rate Anasta

He spent some time in the backrow last year although most of it was at 5/8 as Carney was either suspended, injured or sacked for half the season.

In late 2007 or pre season 2008 it was Setaimata Sa who was identified to be the 5/8 with Captain Dud in 13, didn't happen. The one season we got out of Carney was better than the entire career of Pearce and Anasta, both stink the joint up.

1 down many more to go

BM1979

Juniors
Good signing for the Magpies, I have never understood why Anasta copped so much crap , I have always rated him

Slackboy72

Coach
I don't disagree. Anasta has always been solid for us, even in the lean years.

He is the roosters fans' whipping boy, largely IMO because if the finger stops being pointed at Anasta it might occasionally have to be pointed at Pearce (who is a deity to a lot of roosters fans).

I just believe him to be a ball playing 2nd rower rather than a 5/8. He runs good lines which someone like Marshall could really take advantage of (think Dwyer running off Marshall's shoulder in 2011).

I also believe the tigers need to pair Marshall up with a structured halfback, instead of throwing the 7 jersey to him and asking him to provide that structure. Marshall has failed multiple times at halfback and really should not be moved from his preferred position again

So would you say Mitchell Pearce has had no effect on easts fortunes?

_Johnsy

Referee
All the plebs out @ Tiger town now rate Anasta. if someone could be bothered going through the WT V Roosters game day threads, they'd have a field day with the butthurt softest forward pack in the nrl supporters. Enter Wobbie fawwah sook.

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO this isn't a bad signing at all. A spine of:

1. Tedesco
6. Anasta
7. Marshall
9. Farah

Is quiet strong and would be better or on par with most comfortably. I have no idea how good or bad Miller is, but if he is a decent halfback then you could have Anasta at lock and have an extra decent playmaker in the side.

Braith Anasta is a solid player who puts in every week. IMO he's nowhere near as bad as a lot of the fans on here seem to believe, probably as a result from when he was extremely overrated and the fans seemed to be pissed off at that. With Marshall in the halves, he would be a great strong ball runner at either 5/8 or lock for the Tigers. Much better then what he had at the Roosters with Pearce.

MacDougall

First Grade
All the plebs out @ Tiger town now rate Anasta. if someone could be bothered going through the WT V Roosters game day threads, they'd have a field day with the butthurt softest forward pack in the nrl supporters. Enter Wobbie fawwah sook.

Ugh you're a knob.

I think out of all the clubs supporters you'll find that we rate him pretty damn highly. Dating all the way back to 05 when he single handedly brought the Dogs back from 36-18 down to equal a match in Round 2.

Then there's that god awful field goal.

No, you're right, we all think he sucks.

gronkathon

First Grade
The saddest part of this is I only have a few months left in which to mock his facial expressions and demeanour when addressing match officials

MacDougall

First Grade
The Tigers need somebody who will scream at them when they're huddled around the goal posts after a soft try. I never see Farah doing that. I see Anasta doing it a lot.

_Johnsy

Referee
Ugh you're a knob.

I think out of all the clubs supporters you'll find that we rate him pretty damn highly. Dating all the way back to 05 when he single handedly brought the Dogs back from 36-18 down to equal a match in Round 2.

Then there's that god awful field goal.

No, you're right, we all think he sucks.

I think you'll find I didn't say all, I said plebs, learn to read. or is it that you consider all WT fans to be plebs, interesting.

Ohh the hide of the WT club to announce this signing within 24hrs of the Roosters game, oh the humanity !!!!!

Latest posts