What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol@T1ger5

Danish

Referee
I think the missing piece of that equation is Todd Carney tbh. Carney on fire = 2010. The other years the Roosters were shit and Anasta was not the man to pin it all on. Especially last year. Anasta was probably the Roosters best player last year.

I don't disagree. Anasta has always been solid for us, even in the lean years.

He is the roosters fans' whipping boy, largely IMO because if the finger stops being pointed at Anasta it might occasionally have to be pointed at Pearce (who is a deity to a lot of roosters fans).

I just believe him to be a ball playing 2nd rower rather than a 5/8. He runs good lines which someone like Marshall could really take advantage of (think Dwyer running off Marshall's shoulder in 2011).

I also believe the tigers need to pair Marshall up with a structured halfback, instead of throwing the 7 jersey to him and asking him to provide that structure. Marshall has failed multiple times at halfback and really should not be moved from his preferred position again

eozsmiles

Bench
People seem pretty happy to give young Miller a rub for being the future halfback etc. What has he done besides be talked up by Sheens? And isn't being talked up by Sheens a negative according to many Tigers fans nowadays? Most posts and threads seem to mention that Sheens isn't much chop anymore.

Anasta might be hooker when Farah goes to Parra next year.

MacDougall

First Grade
This explains why Farah went so nuts at Johns tbh. He was embarrassed sitting next to their new signing having his team grilled lol.

Earl

Coach
2009 - Played 5/8. Wooden spoon.
2010 - Moved to backrow. Grand finalist
2011 - Back to 5/8. Also rans
2012 - Still at 5/8.... not looking good.

The only people who can't see that Anasta's best position now is lock/2nd row is Brain Smith and possibly Braith Anasta.

I think 2010 had more to do with Todd Carney at 6 rather than Braith in the back row.

Didn't Anasta spend most of last year playing in the 11?

and lol @ tigers fans who as of 20 minutes ago rate Anasta

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
If this was for 2012 and 2013 I could almost understand it. 2013-14? :lol:

While we're talking his best position, remember when Freddy put him at fullback?

I don't disagree. Anasta has always been solid for us, even in the lean years.

He is the roosters fans' whipping boy, largely IMO because if the finger stops being pointed at Anasta it might occasionally have to be pointed at Pearce (who is a deity to a lot of roosters fans).

I just believe him to be a ball playing 2nd rower rather than a 5/8. He runs good lines which someone like Marshall could really take advantage of (think Dwyer running off Marshall's shoulder in 2011).

I also believe the tigers need to pair Marshall up with a structured halfback, instead of throwing the 7 jersey to him and asking him to provide that structure. Marshall has failed multiple times at halfback and really should not be moved from his preferred position again

Captain cap burglar might be the ball playing backrower that you say but you conveniently leave out that he only wants to play 5/8. After he was played at fullback the buzz was he wanted out immediately, when Fittler wanted him at lock he wanted none of it then after an extended run at 11 in 2010 suddenly teams were interested in his services and he was sooking in the media.

Good riddance to trash. 5m on Anzac day as captain in the back row he should have been sacked then and there

BigRedV

Juniors
T1ger5

1= the number of premierships the mighty tiges will ever win, given Sir Sheens' recruitment strategy??
5 = The minimum number of positions each tiges player has to play each game??

Snappy

Coach
This explains why Farah went so nuts at Johns tbh. He was embarrassed sitting next to their new signing having his team grilled lol.

Did you notice the 'I dont know what to say' look on Anasta's face when Johns said to him, 'I bet you're glad you're not a tiger'

He would have known by then for sure

MacDougall

First Grade
I am loving all this Tigers hate in round 5. Going to give us good material to shove in all your faces come October.

MacDougall

First Grade
Did you notice the 'I dont know what to say' look on Anasta's face when Johns said to him, 'I bet you're glad you're not a tiger'

He would have known by then for sure

Imagine how Johns feels right now. It'd be a mixture of extreme embarrassment and pride. A bizarre emotion indeed.

Goddo

Bench
Anasta has been moved into the back row a million times and it has never worked, always ends up back at 5/8.

Can't see the point in signing a player looking for a retiremnt cheque and then having to move your best player out of position just to accomodate him.

Doesn't make sense to me. Classic Tim Sheens tbh.
Hes an alright lock. Thats where the Tigers should play him. Or he is simply there for depth in the halves, playing NSW Cup.

But if he is there to fix the halves problem then you are right.

EDIT: they still need to buy a half back and some heart in the forwards.

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
Anasta is a horrible fit... I'm sure after a month of the season we will see 6. Anasta 7. Marshall

Danish

Referee
Captain cap burglar might be the ball playing backrower that you say but you conveniently leave out that he only wants to play 5/8. After he was played at fullback the buzz was he wanted out immediately, when Fittler wanted him at lock he wanted none of it then after an extended run at 11 in 2010 suddenly teams were interested in his services and he was sooking in the media.

Good riddance to trash. 5m on Anzac day as captain in the back row he should have been sacked then and there

He wants to play 5/8 when he believes he is the best 5/8 for the job.

In 2009 when he was to be moved to lock, we had absolutely no one in the 6. Ben Jones was the option FFS, and where is that ranga now?

In 2010 he had no issues playing in the backrow as soon as Carney was ready. Worked a treat and we made the GF. Carney obviously starred but Anasta played a huge role in that finals series getting us there.

In 2011, I did not agree with Carney being moved on, but seemingly a lot of the players did (not just Anasta). They thought he was a bad influence on the team, and eventually when Carney was sacked and Anasta reinstated at 5/8 we won 4 games in a row and looked to have turned a corner.

This year, well the whole team is playing rubbish, including Anasta. I do not think our team will be weakened by him leaving, largely because we are bringing in a very good 5/8 in Maloney next season to replace him. However I do worry as to who is going to be our captain. The club will probably throw it to f**king Pearce or something.